Bug Main menu flicker with AFR Crossfire Multi-GPU Setup's

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by hyp36rmax, Jun 15, 2015.

1. hyp36rmax

hyp36rmax Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    As of the latest June 2015 update the main menu flickers like crazy until you get to the race menu with multi-gpu setups such as AFR-Friendly Crossfire is enabled via AMD Catalyst Control Center.

2. yusupov

yusupov Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    im getting this on and off with a single nvidia. have been running evga precision, am gonna try without.

also just started getting wacky shadows/black blocks at sonoma.

3. FunkyChicken

FunkyChicken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    SLI/CF is not supported at the moment:(
    I can just speak for SLI, running two cards, it's exactly the same here. Enabling SLI in the drivers menu doesn't do much, as there is no SLI profile set by nVidia. It results in the same performance like using one card. First card is under full load and the second one relaxes at 1% load...
    Forcing specific SLI profiles with the inspector results in flickering and unusable menus. The interesting part: only the main menus and loading screens are affected. Once I'm in the garage, the new menu works perfectly.

It would be interesting to hear, where on the priority-list proper SLI and triple-screen support is placed (ups, did I used the T-word??? :D)
    Seriously speaking, many of the "real" sim-racers shouting (loudest) for the dedicated server, are also running high-end rigs. Now, we have the Dedi, so it would be great to have support for state-of-the-art hardware as well. I'm sure this would increase the user-base a lot.

4. hyp36rmax

hyp36rmax Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Anyone else having this issue?