Can we please get a development roadmap?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Dec 15, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    Reiza moved from a proven physics engine , to one that is a pretty , but very diluted simulation engine ... and has spent the time since trying to fix this

You have to remember at the beginning the head of the studio was pushing for an entry level simcade title using the inhouse game engine (lizard/RendR)
    Since the change towards a fuller sim experience , we have changed the person who creates and developes the car physics twice , this and many tweaks to bring aspects of the models within the physics engine up to date ,through code changes .

My hope is that we dont move to an out of the box game engine but work towards a newer directx/vulkan based api

Andi

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Karol Mały

Karol Mały Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    There are two sides of development: "new paid content" and "core functionality updates/maintenance".
    For me it's a shame that the sim gets so little core updates. Stuff like fininshing the dark mode menus, updating those 480p dashboards, showing invalid laps in red instead of hiding them or server crashing whenever you try to see MP race results.

It's a bit frustrating that the studio is only interested in publishing paid dlcs.
    The base of the game is generally really satisfying (the MP structure, FFB/physics, sounds), even the payment model is fair IMO.

But some love for the core functionality of the game is needed in an older title like this and would go a long way.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  3. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Andi, I agree with you completely. I just wanted to say that things evolve over time and with the right focus for the better. I have noticed the change in quality since Alex joined and I appreciate that. But I can't imagine that this boat-like ride was desired, even in the beginning. Hence this small, irreverent hovercraft.
    People kept pointing out the valuable collaboration with racers from the series and the advances in ride feel.

To get back to the topic at hand. We get so much information in other simulations. It's a shame if nothing happens here.
    Communication conveys solidarity and progress.
    Silence makes the developers seem far away on the ivory tower and gives the impression of stagnation. I'm not saying that's the way it is.

Just my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  4. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    I'm still stunned that no one in sr. management responded to this thread. We don't see any press releases, interviews, sneak peaks, forum posts... All this stuff is needed to keep the product growing and excite the base while keeping those who invest a lot of time in this sim interested and continue to stay for the long haul...

FYI @Georg Ortner

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2023
  5. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    sitting out

6. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    They need to update them overlays. Psh.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    upload_2023-1-19_21-42-55.jpeg

upload_2023-1-19_21-44-5.jpeg [

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Germano Cervini

Germano Cervini New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I agree with you, excluding the graphic engine which is old, the rest is excellent, excellent FF, excellent physics, excellent audio engine, excellent multy, no news on development. Every time I try this SIM again I am surprised at how simulative it is , pity that there is no news.

• Agree Agree x 8
  9. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    It's sad... they have a little gem, but fail to generate excitement or visibility... They have a marketing positioning problem, not an engineering one.

10. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    Since everyone enjoyed the first Hybrid engine car in Raceroom, the X-22, behold what's coming next!

upload_2023-1-21_17-7-13.png

Attached Files:

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Make it this one and ill be all over it :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. pierredietze

pierredietze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Who noticed the release of the Porsche Carrera Cup Scandinavia?

13. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    It was noticed by some people, yes. If I understand it correctly, these liveries were there for a few years, but they were only available for an Esports competition.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2023