Impossible to lock up brakes?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mmaruda, Feb 14, 2023.

1. mmaruda

mmaruda Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    Not sure, if this is a bug or I'm doing something wrong with my settings. Haven't played Raceroom for some time, but recently came back to the sim, played some AI races and noticed I'm way faster than I used to be. In comparison with ACC I am able to brake way later and stronger in GT3 cars and pretty much destroy the AI. I figured maybe ABS is setup very agressively or something, but then I tried a few cars that don't have ABS like the Porsche 964 and it's pretty much the same as racing GT3, it's impossible to lock up the brakes. I checked my assists and they are setup to what it is in the car in real life. Odly enough when I do a race with DTM 2021 cars, but set the rules to DTM 2015, there is no ABS and Tracktion control, eventhough the cars have them and they are available in the setup.

2. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    Pretty sure rules are for race/champ format, if you want dtm15, you gotta pick dtm15 car. Anyway to test your locking problem, pick something you can easily lock like fx22 or dtm20, go full brake and steer to one side (feel free to adjust bb as well)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    Porsche 964 does have ABS.

No DTM silhouette cars have traction control or ABS.

4. mmaruda

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    Right, was wrong on the Porsche.

Nah, you can still pick a 2021 DTM car and then change the rules to 2015, it's going to work.

Anyway, solved my issues by deleting old config files. I can no lock brakes on anything now, if I try hard enough.

5. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    2015 cars don't have those aids either though :confused:

6. mmaruda

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, but it's not what I've meant when mentioning this. You can select DTM 2021 which have those aids, but when selecting the 2015 rules, they just don't work, eventhough the game dosn't tell you specifically. I just thought that my problem had to do with rules settings specifically, but apparently it was some old settings files. I couldn't lock up brakes on any car no matter how hard I tried. Now it's all good, if it has ABS, it won't lock up, unless you really intend it to happen.