Bug BMW E90 320

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Muzarati, Dec 6, 2022.

1. Muzarati

Muzarati Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Was the BMW E90 really that slow? Just purchased it :( and the speed compared to the other WTCC2013 cars seems huge! I can see them coming in the mirror and they just fly on by in a straight line? I even tried taking all of the rear wing out to reduce drag but that didn't help...so was it just that much slower? o_O

2. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, there seems to be a BOP issue with that car but you might be able to mitigate it by using BOP to reduce power on the other cars in the class.

3. Muzarati

Muzarati Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Oh o_O OK, are the devs aware of it, I probably wouldn't have bought it knowing that?
    How do you do that, reduce BOP on other cars?

4. pierredietze

pierredietze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    I honestly don't think they will change something for this "old" carset. I've ask in the past regarding the tire temps of the E90, and the answer was the WTCR 2013 carset is still on the old physics engine and to much work needed to fix this.
    You can't fix the BOB by yourself, only thing to change is the AI strenght.

5. Muzarati

Muzarati Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    OK thanks, didn't know that, at least it was on sale so haven't wasted much money on it :(

6. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Well, adjusting BOP doesn't require updating those cars to new physics.

7. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Yes, BOP seems only to be adjustable in multiplayer if you run a server, sorry.
    The best thing is to just force the AI to run the same car as you.
    There are still a handful of classes on old physics, I thought they would all get updates so that the content is consistent.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Muzarati

Muzarati Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    I tried lowering the AI level which sort of evens things out a bit but not ideal, I wonder if it is an aero issue?...I tried taking the rear wing out to reduce drag but it didn't seem to make any difference, to straight line speed or rear grip, in fact it seems to have sooo much rear grip even with the wing set to 0 that maybe that's (drag) what's causing the speed difference?
    How do you get the devs to look at these sorts of things or is that a waste of time?...rather a waste of my money I guess? :(

9. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Shouldn't the BMW be quicker in corners than the FWD cars? I think the BMW had to carry additional weight to cancel out that RWD advantage.

10. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    The 2013 cars are just broken in general. The FFB update combined with old physics doesn't work at all. Years ago the BMW was slowed down as it was OP and beat everything easily. I hope one day this class will be brought up to standard. Fingers crossed.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Muzarati

Muzarati Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Ha ha...if this thing had more weight added, you'd be going nowhere!

Yeah that's crap! Which other cars are the same? I don't want to waste any more time and money!

12. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
  13. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    what ai level? whatd track did you test on?

14. pierredietze

pierredietze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    It would be absolutly awesome to get the 2013 WTCC fixed. Those races were absolutly outstanding, FWD vs RWD! Pls fix this S3!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Muzarati

Muzarati Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    AI at 100, Silverstone National

16. Muzarati

Muzarati Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Well, I know the 2013 WTCC cars have been updated and the speed difference seems to be fixed, and that is great :) ...but this BMW is a dog! :eek:
    Sooooo much understeer and front locking, how did this thing ever win anything if this is how it was? Will be parking this one back in the garage for good! o_O

17. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    any chance u run some old setup? load up new default just in case

18. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I made that mistake too and wiping my old setups and loading the default helped. You´ll need to reduce brake power and do some tyre temp work now that those are being calculated.

19. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    The BMW feels ok, but the tires get pretty cold after a while for some reason. After a few laps on Brands Hatch GP, I had temperatures of 70°C FL, 50°C FR, 65°C RL and 55°C RR, so basically the tires start cooling down as soon as you leave the pits.

Is it supposed to be like that, @Alex Hodgkinson ?

20. Muzarati

Muzarati Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Yep loaded default setup (learnt that now) but for a front engine, rear wheel drive car, the front end grip is terrible! It gets worse at high speed, to the point that if I didn't know it had been updated, I would have said there is still an aero problem? ;)
    Moving the bias to the back helps a little bit with the front locking under brakes but the high speed understeer is terrible! :(