MOZA R9 no force feed back

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Teeman, Jun 21, 2023.

1. Teeman

Teeman New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I have a moza R9 and raceroom exp. have no feedback, the other sims I have have FFB, as i go faster i can feel the wheel getting heavier, but there is no road effects or curb effects at all. can someone help me out?

2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    I have R9 too and it works fine, so I can try and help you.

Make screenshots of your in-game FFB settings or attach your control profile file from this folder: Documents\My games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\ControlSet
    Also attach this file: Steam\steamapps\common\raceroom racing experience\Game\GameData\General\steering_wheels.xml

3. Teeman

Teeman New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    It's an RCS File how do I open it? and thanks in advance for wanting to help me, i really like the game and and trying work with Racing Life but without that FFB it's weird.

Attached Files:

4. Teeman

Teeman New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I fixed it! in the file the FFB "0" i changed it to 10 and made some ingame adjustments.

5. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    I'm not sure what "FFB" was 0, but assume it's this line?
    Code:
    Force Feedback="1"
    That's strange, because it's set to 1 in the default profile and I don't know why it would change. Did you try to use the default profile again?

Also, I noticed a couple of things in the .rcs file that you attached.
    1) Minimum force is maxed out, this is not the best option for a direct drive wheel. "0" is recommended or maybe only a couple of percent.
    2) FFB strength is also maxed out, not sure if that's what you want.
    3) Also take a look at "Immersion settings", you set all to 16%, but that's not necessary. Although these three are only a matter of preferences. I only set Bump amplification to 9%, while Engine vibration and Shift jolt are at 0.

Can you post screenshots of you Moza Pithouse settings? Maybe something went wrong there? Or take a look at how I set it up:
    moza-R9-settings-for-R3E-1.png
    moza-R9-settings-for-R3E-2.png

Basically I turned down all post-effects like damping, friction, all that stuff, you don't need that in Raceroom. Raceroom FFB already has all the realistic damping in it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Teeman

Teeman New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    yep i was that line it was at "0" it's working now better than it was i will tweak it a little, i will follow you setup to see how that feels, thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  7. nolive721

nolive721 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    must say your R9 settings work well for me using the same wheel.
    I was having bad wheel feeling recently in RRE and especially settings the wheel angle in pithouse from the 540 I had as generic to 900 helped a lot.
    I still had a bit of a damping myself like 10% but rest is a good base
    Are you modifying the FFB equalizer parameters at al?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    No, I just set them all to 100% as a baseline. I had plans to play with them and see if it improves anything, but hadn't got a mood for that yet :D

9. nolive721

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0

I did

I had some weird behaviour in AC in slow corners like if the cars suspension were bottoming out.

I reduced these 2 parameters to 50% and it was much better

upload_2023-6-25_10-11-0.png

I also made a post on Reddit a while ago about the implementation MOZA did a while ago with FFB curves

The use of parabolic gave me a 15Nm R9 wheel straight away:p

upload_2023-6-25_10-12-7.png

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2023
  10. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Thank you, I will try that!

• Like Like x 1
  11. nolive721

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    not so much applicable to RRE from my early testing with GT3 cars but it could be beneficial maybe with some cars if they replicate the same than in AC

12. Surge

Surge New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    For degrees of rotation I always go into Moza Pithouse and match what it has by default in the car setup in RRE. When I first got the R9 I found something on the forum to have it somehow automatically match like logitech does but I don't remember what that was. Just that there was something I didn't really like about that. That was back when FFB would disappear from the second time on when leaving the pits etc. and you had to map a FFB reset button. That seems to have been fixed a while ago.

13. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Default steering lock will be 13 degrees on all cars if you use this feature.