Released Formula RaceRoom X-22 - OUT NOW

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Georg Ortner, Aug 31, 2022.

1. Benja VVR

Benja VVR New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    what is #Team GEO?

2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Maybe it's for those who don't want to associate themselves with any particular country?

3. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    DRS usage is unlimited in practice sessions. You can't use it in qualifying sessions. I think this is based on the older DTM regulations.

4. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    I have been lugging the engine by using one gear higher. The first chicane Rettifolio at Monza for example, can be taken in 2nd gear but to have better control over wheel spin, I take it in 3rd gear. The second chicane (Della Roggia) I take in 4th, 5th for the Lesmos, 4th for Ascari and the inital turn in on Parabolica is in 6th. I'm still trying to get better at the X22, and I know I am leaving a lot on the table by doing this, but it's helping me learn the in's and out's of the car. There's probably a better way to handle this, though.

5. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    They can't permanently use overtake mode or their battery would be empty within half a lap. Are the cars slower again in your qualifying sessions?

6. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    I tested it today on Red Bull Ring and it's not related to DRS or the Overtake mode. The problem is that the AI is too slow during race sessions, so if you set the AI difficulty based on their race pace, they will be way faster than you in practice / qualifying even if you use DRS and the Overtake mode.

7. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I also need to run lower AI difficulties compared to other car classes.

8. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    I did a race in Silverstone and some of the AI only changed two tires during their pit stop. It seems like you're able to do that as long as you don't choose a different compound. That doesn't make any sense, though, because you don't save time in the pits this way. Would it be possible to disallow changing only two tires like it had been done for the older DTM cars?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Tim Grainger

Tim Grainger New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I can barely get out of the pit lane driving this car! The throttle is so sensitive I spin out accelerating on the straight in 1st to 3rd. It’s like I’m holding the steering wheel at an angle rather than straight. I’m sure there’s an element of driver error but is there any settings you would recommend I change to try and reduce the spin?

I was really looking forward to this car when it came out but unfortunately have found it undriveable.

10. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, the car is pretty hard to drive in lower gears compared to the AMS2 version. If you don't mind, you could activate the traction control aid in singleplayer races.

11. Stelcio

Stelcio Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Try decreasing off-throttle differential and increasing the preload. Those were my go-to initial adjustments to increase the driveability of FRX-22 when I used to take it for a spin some time ago.

12. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Is it just me or is the FR-X 22 considerably easier to drive after todays update?

13. Tim Grainger

Tim Grainger New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Well I can at least get out of the pits now (see messages above) so that’s a start

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Considerably easier might still be an understatement :D
    While i wasnt a huge fan of how it behaved before the update it now feels like it has way too much grip to me (Edit: just to add a bit more, im already 1.5s quicker around interlagos (one of the shortest tracks on the f1 calendar) than any f1 22-23 car has been around there. Also a race start with 100% mgu discharge rate only needs one short lift and is completely full throttle the rest of the way which is rather surprising :D). Took it around interlagos for a short test and turn 2 is now flat, even turn 6/7 is comfortably flat, could easily get to full throttle in the tiny transition between turns 8 and 9 and just in general can jump on the throttle super quickly.

As always with these formula raceroom cars of course they can behave any way they want to since technically theyre fictional cars but assuming we do compare to f1 then im not sure weve gotten closer to the real thing.
    And since Alex seems to follow the thread ill ask about camber here as well. Are the 5-10 degree temperature differences between inside and outside still what to aim for? In said frx22 at interlagos session for example the rear tires only had 1 and 0.5 degrees, would probably have to triple the default setups camber to get anywhere near 5.
    And just an observation where im not sure if its intended, the battery seems to drain much faster now, for a stint longer than 10 minutes or so id probably have to run discharge rate at 20% where pre update i think that wouldve been more like 50-60% (both only guesstimates tho :D) Edit: more on this as well. At 100% mgu discharge rate you get pretty much spot on one lap at interlagos, guess around spa even in quali you cant use much more than 70% which i guess i can live with but am just unsure if its intended to be that way.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2023
  15. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    The rear tires of the FR-X 22 always had lower temperature differences than the front tires. I think it's supposed to be like that for F1 cars.

16. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Less than the fronts and less than say a gt car sure but close to no difference?
    But that question isnt really specific to the frx22 anyways, it already came to my mind yesterday when trying different cars, they all have much less temperature difference than they used to (regardless of whether i was driving default setups or old setups). Today i tried the m4 dtm 2020 around motegi and think even when i maxed out front camber i only had like a 4 degree difference (plus a similar experience of it having become very forgiving on throttle)

17. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Sooo, after todays fix to turbo pressure, the car is back to its old self.

18. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    This time id call that an overstatement (if thats a thing) :D.
    Its definitely become a bit more aggressive on throttle but still significantly less than pre update. Also its now become EVEN faster. Im now close to 4.5s quicker around suzuka than i was in the competition a couple months ago and around interlagos over 3 seconds quicker than any real life f1 has been around there under these regulations. Still have a hard time believing this was the intended effect of just using a different tire model and brake behaviour..

19. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +563 / 0 / -0
    that does seem a lot faster than intended indeed, maybe we accidentally based it on the secret RB20 data we got :D

Edit: Turns out there were some unintended downforce gains, I guess it really was that RB20 data!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2023
  20. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Oh boy, guess ill skip watching f1 next year then, no way any other team is gonna be able to challenge them ;D