Released Porsche Pack 2023 - OUT NOW

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, Jul 20, 2023.

1. KW Studios

KW Studios Official Information Developer

Ratings:
    +1,503 / 0 / -0
    We’re thrilled to announce our latest collaboration with Porsche Motorsports: three more iconic cars from the Stuttgart stable, representing both their latest racing models and a real classic from the 1980s. The aggressive 911 GT3 R (992) is joined by the new 911 GT3 Cup (in both sprint and Endurance specs) and the phenomenal 944 Turbo Cup from 1987.

Get it now on https://game.raceroom.com/store/pack/porsche-pack-2023

Porsche’s GT3 R model has been a stalwart of the GT3 category since its inception and the latest 992-shape car continues the GT3 R’s tradition of being a winning machine. It dwarfs the original 997-shape GT3 R from 2007 in every aspect: it’s more powerful, faster and generally bigger and meaner as the car has evolved and bulked up across the generation shifts, through the 991 variants to this 2022 model.

[​IMG]

GT3 has become the primary international GT category, and the level of manufacturer support and quality of machinery shows how seriously it’s taken. The GT3 R is a fantastic car to drive in Raceroom, reflective of the latest generation of GT3s which are (relatively) easier to drive than previous generations, delivering their increased power in an optimised way on an even more stable platform. Whether in a DTM-style sprint or a long-distance endurance races, you’ll never go wrong choosing this car.

[​IMG]

The 911 GT3 Cup has been a constant factor in international motorsport since the first 964 model was introduced back in the early 1990s. The 992-shape model is the seventh iteration and is even more widely raced than ever. An incredible 5,000 Cup models have rolled off the production line over the decades – literally, as the racecar is assembled on the normal road car manufacturing line as a build option. This new Cup model improves on the 991.2 version in pretty much all aspects, and even exceeds recent GT3 R models in performance terms.

[​IMG]

With no ABS or traction control in the standard sprint spec, it takes finesse to manage the car in braking and acceleration zones: you need to learn to understand the car’s feedback and build up your experience. We’ve also included the Endurance version of the GT3 Cup, which races in many international long-distance series such as the 24 Hour and Nordschleife-based NLS; this version includes Porsche Motorsport’s ABS and Traction Control systems. The 911 GT3 Cup (992) adds to our official Porsche Cup roster, which already includes the 964 and 991.2 models.

[​IMG]

The Porsche 944 Turbo is perhaps an outlier in Porsche’s 911-focussed race history, but just as important. Following on from other ‘non-standard’ Porsche GTs, like the 914, this coupé brought the Porsche experience to a wider audience: a cheaper and easier to control racing platform that helped make the 944 Porsche’s best selling car of the era. When driving the 944, you’ll have to deal with the old-school turbocharger and virtually no real aero, but the platform is incredibly well balanced and delivers great feedback. It’s a proper drivers’ car – just like every other Porsche.

[​IMG]

RaceRoom’s 2023 Porsche racing pack is available now in the RaceRoom store. As part of the new application update that includes this pack, we’ve also released a dozen new authentic series liveries for the McLaren 720S GT3, which previously was only available in the DTM 2021 pack. Among other quality of life updates, there’s also a optimised revision to our ABS and traction control settings which will be immediately available when you download the latest build.

• Love it! Love it! x 9
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Hendrick

Hendrick Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for the hard work!!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Wow great price on them as well. Insta-buy!!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Muca

Muca Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Great price and pack. Thank you for the hard work. Hopefully the servers and infrastructure will get an update sometime. The graphics are fine.

• Like Like x 4
  5. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Humm, tried the 944 Cup on the store at Portimão and there seem to be some small glitches on the soundbank (I've only driven from cockpit view). It can be most times noticed while accelerating full throttle going through gears somewhere in 2nd@~5800rpm, 3rd@5200, 4th@4800. But after you have to lift in corners on 3rd or 4th, there's a chance this small glitch can still be heard later @5400-5800'ish.

Maybe I'm wrong and it's just some suspension/chassis noise, or even related to transmission wobble -- so, nothing serious. Reporting it just in case.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2023
  6. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Hmm, the price is... less great than previous two packs.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2023
  7. schwalbach123

schwalbach123 Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I think the license is a bit more expensive

8. Hendrick

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    This pack broke Donington track. I had an all GT3 AI field for single player/practice and 15mins in they all start to run out of fuel and park the cars out of track. I can share the screenshots from my replay if needed.

9. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    What layout?

10. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    Fixed internally already

Andi

11. Hendrick

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    GP Layout
    Great

12. Heco Tanner

Heco Tanner New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Really great Pack - I hope there will be more Porsche Liveries (DTM 2023?) :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. ShortyBuzzGER

ShortyBuzzGER Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    dtm23 porsche liveries are already in the files. so will come :soontm:

14. DankWolf

DankWolf New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Why won't RaceRoom allow me to complete my purchase of the new Porsche Pack (includes 944 Turbo)?

*Once I get to CONFIRM PURCHASE and Confirm the purchase...... NOTHING HAPPENS!

15. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    make sure that steam overlay is enabled
    or use web store
    https://game.raceroom.com/store/

16. DankWolf

DankWolf New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    That worked! Now I can drive the virtual version of my 1987 white Porsche 944 Turbo that I had back in the day.

Thank you for the link.

Good job.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  17. Muca

Muca Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    I tried the Porsche R and Cup yesterday. The cup car is really good now. Cars feel great and the ffb felt superb.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Hendrick

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    Completely agree. I cannot drive and enjoy them on ACC. Very glad they are a different feel here :)

19. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    The GT3 R feels incredible! I was running it around Imola and, Holy goodness does it feel well planted, and eager to turn, but it's not trying to swing the tail around on me, like some of the other Porsches and RUFs. I just can't get over the tires, they come across loud and clear on this car. On turns 11 and 12 (Variante Alta) hitting the curb on the inside of turn 12 and running onto the rumble strip on the outside of the turn, gives me a springiness sensation, that feels like nothing else in Raceroom... In a good way! Trying to think of how to describe what I'm feeling is tough, so all I can say is whatever you guys did with the Porsche 992 GT3 R, please do more of it!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2023
  20. Hendrick

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    And hopefully they do not mess up the cars with future updates/hotfixes