Damage On / Realistic in Competitions

Dieses Thema im Forum "General Discussion" wurde erstellt von nascher2306, 16. Juli 2015.

1. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    I believe The point he wants to make is, that this hasnt got anything to do with simulation what we all long for.. This is just exploiting the hick-ups.. You do this in a real car and you wont drive for a long time.. And you know that better than most others here i think ;)

Although i do agree that more talented people will instinctively be faster, there is the proven fact that people who practice and analyse good and hard can achieve more than those with talent.. :)

Although we dont like to admit this..

I find it rather naive and insulting to highlight this topic concerning talent rather than seeing that this just cant be for official competitions.. Cause i for one would never drive like this, so things arent level.. Even if someone drives on amateur..

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ryan Callan

Ryan Callan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    I was talking about those who drive in GetReal mode. There is some criticism here of them and that is unfair and illogical.

It makes me chuckle and reminds of my time many years ago on Forza 1. Being one of the best players in the world through spending lots of time on it (I'm such a console noob I know), I of course would win and win easily in public servers on 'simple' standard tracks. The standard response after a while would be 'we'll put it on Nordschleife, see how good you are then" without any aggrandisement from me, their 'logic' being to make it more difficult for me and even the odds I guess. And of course, I would win by even more. More difficult track but more difficult for those racing with me too.

Talented players will come out on top even more the more difficult the scenario in any walk of life.

Practice, analysis and commitment is also a talent. Lots of people can't do it. You also deserve to be rewarded for hard work as much as talent, in anything.

Those who drive Amateur or Novice to exploit I really wouldn't worry about. They're not worth worrying about.

3. Jona777

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    Well i have to say that there are plenty of drivers using the getrealmode who also exploit this.. :(

And to be honest i care about everyone, not only the elite :eek:
    We all were beginners one day working hard to be a part of that "elite", some will make it, some wont but that doesnt mean they dont deserve to be cared about..

4. Ryan Callan

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    I didn't say all who run amateur etc don't need to be cared about.

I said those who do it to exploit don't need to be worried about. Quite clear.

You'll find previous posts of mine have encouraged people to accept newbies and not give them a hard time.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jona777

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    You are right, sorry for the the misinterpretation..

But once again they also deserve to be cared about! with some help they can turn into great and fair drivers..

6. Ryan Callan

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    Absolutely. Everyone is noob once.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Hany Alsabti

Hany Alsabti Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Biggest exploits ive ever seen because there is no damage http://game.raceroom.com/competitions/496/leaderboard
    these guys are smashing the wall at full speed to gain huge amount of time.

2 min 18 is a realistic fast time, anything that is 2 or 3 sec faster is done with an exploit.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2.411 / 0 / -0
    I don't think anybody wants to argue that those drivers wouldn't be among the best regardless of the damage/physics model, because they simply are fast/talented/well trained.

But it's annoying to see an exploit like this being used...I for one am using a gamepad, I couldn't use this "technique" even if I wanted to because I can't switch from 6th to 2nd directly. I'm not blaming them for using it...that's the whole spirit of racing and competition in general, pushing everything that is possible to the max.

Therefore my main point for doing something against this is that it's unrealistic, nothing else. If one would do this irl his gearbox would be shooting up into the stratosphere, no transmission would survive this. So it shouldn't be possible in a simulation without critical damage to the gearbox.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. Tim Cannon

Tim Cannon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255 / 0 / -0
    6th to 2nd? Is that what they're doing? I've never done that. But I have downshifted faster then should be possible, usually down to 5-4-3, then wait a 1/2 sec, then down to 2nd. But I can't do it in all cars. Especially 5 speed cars like G5, dtm92, or procar. I just lose traction. 6th directly to 2nd tho, that gearbox should explode!

Also, criticizing these drivers (including me) is totally logical. Especially when there are prizes to be won. And you know they're not only doing it in amateur.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2.411 / 0 / -0
    It's possible. You can assign buttons for all gears (for h-shifter users I guess) and even in cars running a sequential gearbox (DTM f.e.) you can shift 6th to 2nd instantly.

In the video in the op it doesn't look like he's doing it, but he's flipping through gears very quickly, from 6th to 2nd in what feels like 2/10ths of a second.

11. Emerson Meyer

Emerson Meyer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    Insulting is this kind of behaviour. Insulting is a "sim" that allows this kind of exploit.

Yes, there is no excuses, really.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Flamedphoenix

Flamedphoenix Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +127 / 0 / -0
    Some words from me cause I see some stuff here, which is quite insulting to the top Drivers.. And I totally agree to Ryan: Same rules and same chances for everyone. If you want to be the fastest out there, you totally have to exploit/understand the game, what is possible and what might you make faster. That is competition, sadly but true...
    But first of all: Fast downshifting isn't making you fast. It only gives you an Advantage of 1-2 tenth on really hard braking Points 6->1. On top of that everybody knows that you can do really/maybe unrealistic fast downshifting. But I dont see so many guys in front doing the top times. So there has to be other things, which are much more important than downshifting fast - racing line, Setup, Training, Talent, etc.
    The "slower guys" should Focus on these Points to improve themselves, instead of blaming others for being fast. I see some here, who I raced public. Just an example (times in brackets are from me, are just an example and you can easily increase/decrease them): I just watched one guy driving and he missed the braking Point (+0,1sec), taking the wrong racing line (+0,2sec) and does have too much wheelspin on the Exit (+0,2sec). As you can see, he lost 0,5sec in just one Corner and was wondering, why he is slow?
    In Timeattack you really can improve yourself, doing better times with more Training and finding better Setups. On the leaderboard you can download ghosts from better Drivers than yourself and take a run versus him. There you can definetly take a look, where you are loosing time. And believe me: It's not only on the hard braking Points. ;)

And @Christian Göpfert, did you know that P1 in Amateur in the Thrustmaster Challenge is using a Gamepad and not a wheel? So no excuses ;)

13. Tim Cannon

Tim Cannon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255 / 0 / -0
    Nobody is saying all the top drivers do this, and nobody is saying that the drivers that use this exploit aren't fast without using it. So what is it you find insulting?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Emerson Meyer

Emerson Meyer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    Ok. Show me the same thing with AC.

15. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2.411 / 0 / -0
    I agree with most your points and I wasn't trying to find an excuse in using a gamepad, just making the point that people using an h-shifter/skipping gears can gain even more of an advantage, which would even be possible with a gamepad, but I'd have to sacrifice a button only for that exploit, of which I already got too few. ;)

Didn't know that he uses a gamepad, kudos for achieving that time. But did he fast shift? ^^ (Would love to see if I could get near those times but sadly we can't participate)
    I agree that getting rid of fast shifting wouldn't make a difference, he'd still be up there on the lb and he would deserve it just as much as he does now.

At least for me the whole point is that it's unrealistic, it would kill every rl gearbox and because of that should get fixed.
    Again, I agree that that wouldn't change anything regarding results, fast people would still be fast, but it would make the whole game (more) realistic, which I'd favour very much.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Jona777

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    With all respect, all you said is ignorant in my opinion cause you talk of the point just like a politician..

The point is if it is realistic enough to let it like this for an official "Sim"competition, especially in "GetRealMode", not about who is fast and who is not.. The poor exploit the system but the elite exploit the system and the poor you know :eek:

• Like Like x 2
  17. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    lets not get into america... whoops i mean politics:p

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Jona777

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    I hate politics, but i love mankind.. Sorry! :D

19. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Wisdom pearl.
    Sorry but this is serious manure. That's the equivalent of doping to win. Way to go man. Big hands.
    But probably you're almost right about one thing: "That is competition (for the likes of you), sadly but true...".
    Glad to be out of that world cause I don't take pleasure in looking for glitches and bugs to be applauded as the fastest around by an online community...
    I stopped using cheats when I was 12.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Thought I'd share this here...

• Like Like x 1