News DTM 2015 Virtual Championship

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Tim Heinemann

Tim Heinemann Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    Don't know what happened at the start
    First gear But don't moving and just reving like neutral
    Think that already destroyed my race.. Start crash and 2 spins of my own
    But a start crash can happen everytime in a race like this with that first corner
    See u at Nürburgring

2. Sébastien Degraeve

Sébastien Degraeve Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    DRS is not allowed during last three laps of the race.At Zandvoort,I could use DRS until five minutes before the end of the race.
    Bug with some players like you?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
  3. Deni Kremer

Deni Kremer Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Yesterday was not my day in qualifying I still make mistakes in all fast lap, started 21st . Chaos at the start, make it to the 14th place in 2 turns, in the 4th turn someone hit me and turned around that I too lost 20sec. After 10 minutes the other drivers have become invisible, and I left the game. Congrats to the winner.

4. Sascha Brandenburg

Sascha Brandenburg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 0 / -0
    Yesterday i spoke with Julian Kunze and he told me that he could use DRS until 7 Minute before end of race. Dont know exactly if he was unable to use DRS between 5-7 Minutes left cause of now opponent in front of him or if the time was setted to 7 Minutes Left for unavailable DRS.

5. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    I couldn't watch the stream yesterday (if there was one). Does a recording of the race exist?

6. Jan Stange

Jan Stange Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    Good morning,
    @Sébastien Degraeve my DRS was disabled I think around 6m. Was one lap to early, because in Moskau you reach 4 laps in around 6m but okay.
    Depending on one lap it wasn't a problem for me but not really helpful on the chase.

@Tim Heinemann noticed in earlier races that same problem at Start with neutral. Feeling really sorry for you - I know how bitter this kind of pill is.

7. Sascha Brandenburg

Sascha Brandenburg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 0 / -0
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Dirk Knatz

Dirk Knatz Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Gratulation to the Podium and thanks for an exciting race. the battle for first place was amazing.
    I had technical Problems with my pc, so i can´t get on the Server during practice. to finish 11 place was not the Goal, but in that Close field it is ok. Thanks to G.Mangano for a great and absolutly fair fight. Keep racin´

9. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    I'd like to hear what happened with Jack Keithley in the last laps, why he wasn't using DRS.

10. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,507 / 0 / -0
    Great Race yesterday. And what a Finish!

Watch it now on YouTube:

• Like Like x 3
  11. J-F Chardon

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Just watched the replay with Georg, seems Jack was using DRS during the race alright, so wasn't a bug at least :)

12. R. Winkler

R. Winkler Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    @J-F Chardon

13. J-F Chardon

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Ho right didn't see that one. Well yeah there's a DRS-enabled duration during the race. Think it's coming from gameplay rules of DTM 2014.

We don't have gameplay logic for 2015 regulations in the public game yet.

14. Gianfranco Giglioli

Gianfranco Giglioli New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    @Sascha Brandenburg Sascha the flag that i use in Race is Venezuelan flag, not Romania hahahha, i use Venezuelan flag because i was born there ;)

15. Christian Zielke

Christian Zielke New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hey first of all: Why are people on the server before 19.00 and block it for joining because they are already in Qualifying or Race. After that the Training was set to only 25 minutes, it´s the only way to train for me.

Another point I have to criticise is the cutting rule. It´s just stupid! If you cut inside of the track, you get a slow down penalty. But if you "cut" outside, so use all the curbs and go even further, there is no penalty at all! I had a car in front of me which did this all the time and gained a lot of time. I thought. Normally after 3 times or so he get a penalty but nothing. I mean the game Registers that you are Off-Track. Just put a counting System in and it´s fair.

To the race: It was a chaos race. I had some good fights. At the end I was about to finish but suddenly, an invisible car hits me. That was a shame.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Howie

Howie Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Mimimii ... Same rules for everyone Christian! Cheers!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Sébastien Degraeve

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    On RaceDepartment during a championship,a rule was imposed on players to avoid cutting corners.

[​IMG]
    Using the replay,the organizers could give a time penalty to players who don't respect this rule.For example,you cut,you take five seconds each time(in the final ranking).I can assure you that during a race,players were careful to respect the limit of the track.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Agree. To respect the tracklimits (two tires on the track) is one of the main rules in Racing. Real and virtual.

The problem here is ...... if they can cut the track like that without getting a penalty, they'll will do it. Some drivers constantly exploiting every existing issue, just to have an advantage over other drivers. It's unfair, of course, but the only solution is making the cut rules (in R3E) more strict.
    I think, the best way is to report these tracklimit issues to the Devs, that they can adjust it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Howie

Howie Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Well, we all know the rules of the competition. We drive a beta version and train the track under the same conditions in the leaderboard. I think it is ridiculous to trouble over this, after the event. Everybody is trying to get the maximum out of the track. The game judges all the same. So everybody can use this advantage. Thats it!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Sébastien Degraeve

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0