Need some help with the MX5 cup

Discussion in 'Knowledge Base' started by Oops01, Aug 22, 2023.

1. Oops01

Oops01 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Hi all, I'm just looking for a little help with the settings on the car, now I know that there are very few settings that can be adjusted on the Mx5 but I'm way too slow I'm racing Zandvoort and I'm 3 secs off the pace, the race is 9 laps long and I'm running 9.5 laps worth of fuel so I know it's not the weight of the car, I would just normally think that it's just me but for one thing I'm getting way too much understeer in the bends and that's where I'm losing a stack of time, is there some setting that can help me with the understeer? I have been trying to learn setups but nothing I try seems to help.

2. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    It's just you.

If you're understeering you aren't weighting the front tyres. Transfer weight before turning.

3. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    My suggestion is to use the leaderboards. Pick a driver a lot faster than you and use the ghost tool and racing line tool to follow them around and see where you are losing the most time and try to match their braking and turning points.

I don´t know what content you own but there are also easier tracks to start with, like Hockenheim, Monza, Sepang and Brands Hatch.

4. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    make sure you dont use your additional non factory assist
    send picture of your steering settings from car setup screen (that stuff on the right)
    I assume you mean ranked races, if thats the case then its fixed setup anyway

5. Oops01

Oops01 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I have used the global leaderboards (using the MX5 cup and Zandvoort) but they are slower than me by a few tenths 1:58 something but in the ranked races the winners are putting up 1:55 something and I can't find a ghost of their cars to study.
    One thing I was wondering is if they are using the chase view, I always race in VR but I don't think that's sadly the case, I think the sad fact is that they are just faster than me :confused::p

6. Oops01

Oops01 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Do you mean this

Attached Files:

7. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    mx5 times were deleted during last maintenance, hence only few times on lb (needed to be erased, because of mazda change which made it slower)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Beastux

Beastux Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +288 / 0 / -0
    In the leaderboards, you have a fixed amount of fuel and you can't change the tyres quality. If you use soft tyres and 10 liters of fuel in a race, you will be a lot faster than in the leaderboard. You can use the ghost of the top guy in the leaderboard, he lapped in 1.56:009, not that far from 1.55 and with lot of fuel in the tank.

9. Oops01

Oops01 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for this I'll give it a try.