Ideas And Suggestions! (features and game mechanics)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by heppsan, Mar 10, 2015.

1. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    S3S, can we get a replay cam like this one implemented, like @::SKRO:: is using in this vid.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    When we finally have got a real damage model implemented, maybe we could get some kind of tow feature in MP like in iRacing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Daniel Surridge

Daniel Surridge Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Working gravel traps in Get Real mode. (When a driver either human or AI enters a gravel trap there is a high possibility of getting stuck and being out of the race)
    In practice/qualifying sessions enable the tow mode (as mentioned above by heppsan) with a loss of 5-10 minutes in that session

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. r-r-public

r-r-public Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -0
    Is it okay when I leave my little wish list in this thread?

I think to make R3E even more realistic, it shouldn't look too clean, like it does now. What I mean is, put some dirt on the track, some gras shred, some anything. Marbles would be really great. When I watch some races on TV, there's a lot of stuff on the track, it's not that clean how it is in R3E. The race cars in real life raise dust even on the asphalt parts of the track, there's always something going on. The windshield, make it DIRTY :) ... fingerprints, scratches, dust, dried wiper marks ... all is welcome – one of the biggest increase in immersion.

Don't be too static. What makes a game perfect is imperfection. Things have to look used to make them look real. Same thing with the gras parts on the track. It kills immersion if they look too perfect, like Photoshop stamps.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. a_m_larsson

a_m_larsson Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Really like the game, the graphics, physics and sounds are great. One thing I that I miss (which also was the only bad thing with Race07 in my opinion) is a 'championship' feel. When running a championship it feels like some single races in a row. Maybe I miss the old podium celebrations of Toca 2 and Cmr rally 1 :rolleyes:. So some kind of podium celebration would be nice, at least when finishing the championship in top 3.:)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Daniel Surridge

Daniel Surridge Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    This may have been posted before but how about the TC2 cars as an addon to the WTCC 14 pack to go with the upcoming multiclass feature?

7. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    are they all front wheel drive? if so i vote no.

8. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Nope - the BMW has rear-wheel-drive.

9. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    So its basically what wtcc was and should be. ill have to look into it.

10. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    The WTCC, as with the BTCC and other series, is about putting ordinary, mass-produced family cars on the track in race spec. It just so happens that most of these cars are front wheel drive and the WTCC reflects that. Since the WTCC's rebirth 10 years ago the series has featured predominantly FWD models with the BMW 3 series being the outlier.

Sorry, I just get a little sick of all the negativity toward FWD race cars despite them being challenging in a different way, and, in my opinion no less fun. If you don't like FWD racing - fine - enjoy the plethora of RWD content R3E has to offer.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    v8supercars puts family sedans on the track in race spec yet they keep them rwd:p. I dont mean to hate on fwd cars but i just don't like them (I'm a drifter at heart). having the bmw in the field meant i could enjoy racing with fwd cars without actually having to drive one.

12. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    But the Holden Commodore and Ford Falcon that formed the backbone of the series are already RWD cars.

13. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    V8 Supercars are silhouette cars, so no real touring cars. They don't have very much in common with their street legal counterparts apart from looks. Not saying any of these classes are in some way superior, just wanted to point out that they are a different cup of tea. Although I personally like real touring cars, that are based on street legal cars from the ground up, much more, this is a matter of taste of course. :) V8 Supercars have a lot more power at least... :D

The TC2 cars were nothing else but the old WTCC cars that were racing in WTCC until 2013. So we already have them in game in form of the WTCC 2013 cars. So you don't need to look into it too far. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    yet v8supercars have less downforce and smaller body kits than wtcc;).

15. Gerbuho

Gerbuho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    I feel sorry for the Chevy DP, seems so lonely. How about another couple of cars to compete with it? Ford EcoBoost and Mazda Skyactiv maybe?

16. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    This is a thread for features guys, not cars and tracks.

17. opelman

opelman Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    The hand's would be nice in replay even the are not in game.

18. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    More about replays.
    I have seen requests on not locking the car in the center of the picture so we can se them bouncing, which would be great.
    And also would be nice to have one camera as more of a focus cam, with motion blur effect on the environment.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Lars Bachmann

Lars Bachmann Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Heppsan do you mean that you can see the car bouncing over bumps while you are driving in onboard camera? There is already an option for that. Go to the keysettings. There are two options for increasing and decreasing the bounce of the car. You can bind keys for these two options and set up the bounce while you're in the car. That might be at 'primary settings' or something like that.

20. Sean Lander

Sean Lander Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    - Time of day
    - Variable weather
    - Smart Engineer. (Tell it what you want fixed. Less understeer, more grip etc) and it tweaks your set up for you.
    - Set ups you can save and share.
    - Telemetry!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1