Preview Official DTM 2023 pack coming to Raceroom

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, Dec 8, 2023.

1. KW Studios

KW Studios Official Information Developer

Ratings:
    +1,503 / 0 / -0
    RaceRoom has a long history with the DTM and we’re excited to continue our collaboration with a grid of stunning GT cars that starred in this year’s championship season. Featuring 23 cars and the latest models from Ferrari, Porsche, Audi, BMW and Mercedes-AMG, our DTM 2023 pack will throw you into one of the most hard-fought GT3 series around.

[​IMG]
    We’re proud to add Ferrari’s 296 GT3 to RaceRoom, complementing the 488 GT3 that was added for our 2021 DTM pack; Emil Frey Racing’s pair of entries represent the Prancing Horse. A trio of teams ran the Audi R8 LMS Evo II, Abt, Engstler and Attempto, entering five cars in total. Schubert and Project 1 represent BMW, with four M4 GT3s. Six Mercedes-AMG GT3 Evos raced across the HRT, Mann-Filter, BWT and the American Winward teams. Last but not least, Toksport WRT, KUS Team Bernard and the iconic Manthey EMA squads fielded six of the latest Porsche 911 GT3 R (992).

[​IMG]

The 296 packs a serious punch and only looks forward. Modern and daring in design, this mid-rear engined monster delivers 600hp from its 2.9-litre, twin-turbocharged V6.

[​IMG]

The car won in its debut appearance at the Nürburging 24 Hours, held on the fearsome Nordschleife circuit, and took one victory in the 2023 DTM season at the Lausitzring.

[​IMG]

Audi’s R8 LMS GT3 Evo II is another new model to RaceRoom. The Evo II continues to sharpen the razor that is the R8 LMS: even faster, with even more efficient aero and uprated suspension, its growling V10 powerplant is instantly recognisable.

[​IMG]

Developed in 2008 and first raced in 2009, to date almost 300 R8s have been produced across two model generations and multiple evolutions. R8s have notched up 13 overall victories in 24-hour endurance races and eight in 12-hour events – along with countless individual race wins – to cement the model’s place in GT3’s pantheon.

[​IMG]

The BMW M4 GT3, Porsche 911 GT3 R (992) and Mercedes-AMG GT3 add new 16 DTM 2023 liveries to car models which are already available in-game.

[​IMG]

The Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters remains an iconic brand in its new GT3 guise, still a proudly German series at heart but with international reach and recognition.

[​IMG]

Over the last decade the series had been on an uphill trajectory and working towards a global expansion – with a tie-up with the Japanese GT Series and a possible move into America on the cards – just as the global pandemic hit. Plans were thrown up in the air, but the DTM immediately changed course, adopting the GT3 rules set to build the foundations for this new, exciting era.

[​IMG]

Of course, it’s not the first major change of regulations for the DTM: the championship has always moved with the times. Its predecessor, the Deutsche Tourenwagen Meisterschaft, ran from 1984 till 1996, and evolved through standard Group A touring cars to the techno-monsters of the mid-90s like the Mercedes 190E Evo 2 or Alfa Romeo 155 V6 TI.

[​IMG]

Within a few years the new DTM was born, involving a small name change but a huge change in philosophy: in came bespoke, more powerful machinery, initially coupés but then four-door models to fit more in a ‘touring car’ philosophy. However, by the 2010s DTM racers had morphed into virtual prototypes built on single-seater chassis, enclosed in silhouette coupé bodywork and aggressive aero.

[​IMG]

Along with this new DTM 2023 release, you can also dive into the RaceRoom store to experience cars from these earlier eras of DTM, with classic cars and famous drivers plus full grids from 2013-2016. We’ve also got a number of epic tracks that have featured on the DTM calendar across the years.

[​IMG]

Raceroom’s DTM 2023 pack will be released in mid December, and will be available for purchase as a Car Pack on game.raceroom.com/store. Watch out for exciting news about the official DTM Esports series that will use these cars.

[​IMG]

Manthey’s Thomas Preining took the DTM 2023 title in his Porsche 911 GT3 R on the final race weekend: which car will you choose, and how will you get on?!

• Love it! Love it! x 7
    • Like Like x 4
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 2
  2. pierredietze

pierredietze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Take my money! Great job! :D

...no chance for the Lambo? This is sad.

3. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Nice addition, while I'm still a huuuuge fan of the 13-16 Class 1 series.... My only concern is that for a real "official" DTM Pack these special cars, can't remember their name, give me a moment ( uh... Lambosomething ?! thx Pierre !) are required as well....:p:)

4. ShortyBuzzGER

ShortyBuzzGER Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    Well, as a huuuge fan you would know that 13-16 wasn't class 1 :p

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Baudo

Baudo New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I can’t wait! And I can’t wait for the new tyres! Great job!

6. [weichenschleicher]

[weichenschleicher] Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    can't wait to drive the porsche cars :hearteyes:

but what happen with the lambo ???

7. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    They have always been missing in RaceRoom, probably because they demand too much money for the license.

8. schwalbach123

schwalbach123 Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I would also love to see the rest of the dtm 95 cars

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Mike Kara

Mike Kara Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    isn't this little bit weird that not all cars are included within the serie license? I always thought that's the case

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Legal stuff works in mysterious ways. :D

11. ozcanuck55

ozcanuck55 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    Nice work, I like GT3, but I still like those hairy old school DTM's the best! Looking forward to tyre updates.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Imagine you're a company and you make a product. Company B uses your product in a competition held by Company C. Then Company C signs a contract with Company D to add this competition to their game. Is it fine for you that your product is now in some videogame and you had no say in how it all worked out?

13. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]
    Bro, I have to think about this!

• Funny Funny x 4
  14. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    I guess it always depends on the contracts between the series and the participants. Some racing series like F1 automatically require the participants to grant their image rights, while smaller racing series don't do that.

15. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Plus all F1 teams are developers of the cars, so there's less parties involved.

16. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Perhaps the WTCC licence was one where all manufacturers were included as plenty of them have no other Raceroom content the Alfa 155 DTM is one of the most asked for cars, for instance and Renault cup cars would also make sense.

I´m a bit surprised that Raceroom has not exploited the Ferrari deal by releasing more historic cars so maybe there is a restriction there too.

Lamborghini only seem to be in Forza, console and Kunos games, so they must be a) expensive b) demanding or c) both.

It´s also a bit weird that the new Ferrari will not be in the Premium pack on release, is that a first time?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    For that to be possible it has to be a somewhat broad deal, but I suspect it's the opposite.

Don't remember anything like that in the past. Also GTR3 version of 488 only had 50% linked discount. Looks like Ferrari license is expensive and they need to cover the costs.

Probably also in countless mobile free-to-play games :D

It will also be in the upcoming TDU game. Maybe Lambo isn't interested in "serious" games and wants to foster their over-the-top image?

18. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    upload_2023-12-11_5-33-56.png

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  19. 247

247 Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    yeah, i would actually kill for that famous alfa 155

so i could go racing at the norisring and let a very famous mercedes spin indefinitely

jokes aside, i would love to have this car and the 156 etcc or wtcc

even the stcc version of the 156 would be okay

anyway considering race and race pro both had 156 and 75, i guess it's quite unlikely we will get another alfa other than the (less than) almighty giulietta

20. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Why? I don't think they are legally related to R3E.