News Update scheduled for December 18th

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, Dec 11, 2023.

1. KW Studios

KW Studios Official Information Developer

Ratings:
    +1,503 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

We are aiming at releasing an update to RaceRoom on Monday, December 18th.

Expect some down time as we will go into maintenance mode during that day while we deploy the update.

We also have some great news to share as the store issues mentioned in our last dev notes article have been addressed, and we plan to resume our normal content rollout plans in 2024!

Highlights to look forward to in the update:

DTM 2023 Car Pack
    [​IMG]

The DTM 2023 Car Pack includes five car models, two of which are brand-new to the sim:

• NEW Ferrari 296 GT3
    • NEW Audi R8 LMS GT3 Evo II
    • BMW M4 GT3
    • Porsche 911 GT3 (992)
    • Mercedes-AMG GT3
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The pack will be available on game.raceroom.com/store for a base price of 14,99 €
    Your personal price will depend on which of the car models you already own, as those will be discounted.

The Ferrari 296 GT3 will be sold exclusively in the DTM 2023 class at launch, and won’t be part of the Premium Pack. More liveries for the car are already in the works, and planned to be added to the GTR 3 class in the future.

New Tyre Model
    All cars have been updated to our New Tyre Model, thanks to valuable data we received from our motorsports partners. Real driver feedback makes us confident this update brings substantial improvements to the way the cars handle at the limit, as it affects vehicle dynamics not only when cornering but also during the braking phase.

[​IMG]

Read more about it on our forums.

Track Updates
    Many tracks have been updated with additional trackside details, improved layout accuracy and their latest branding.

[​IMG]

Join the RaceRoom community on discord for all the latest news.

• Like Like x 6
    • Love it! Love it! x 5
  2. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Cool, first day of my holidays. Curious about the new tyre model.
    I fear there's trouble coming. You should place this info as a banner in the store.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2023
  3. Stormin_Norman24

Stormin_Norman24 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sounds good.

4. Stormin_Norman24

Stormin_Norman24 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This is what I'm seeing. That is $16.11 USD
    The pack will be available for a base price of 14,99 €
    Your price will depend on which of the car models you already own, as those will be discounted.

5. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I hope they won't forget to update the Premium pack's description.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. actarusss

actarusss New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Could you tell us what tracks will be updated please ?

7. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    I gues Zandvoort
    :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  8. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Really doubt that. "...Updated with additional trackside details, improved layout accuracy and their latest branding" doesn't sound fitting for our version that is called "Zandvoort 2019". This track, updated to its current real life state, will most likely be a separate entry in the shop when/if it's released.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    What about Pau btw ?

10. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    Is there a Euro to VRP calculator? I want to know if the VRP I am sitting on is enough for the pack.

W/O discounts, it looks like 1 Euro = 100 VRP? Is this right? So, 1,499VRP?

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. x26111

x26111 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hey KW, looking forward to the update. Can you tell us if our car setups will be affected by this?
    Can we continue using them or should we delete them and start from fresh?

12. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    some will some wont some will need a tweak

Andi

13. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    go full fresh

14. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    So far, I like the update. I can't press the brake through the floor and expect not to skid anymore. I have to be more controlled when braking, but I am having a much better time with easing off the brake. Trail braking feels more controllable. Before the update, whenever I eased off the brake pedal, the braking force fell off a cliff. If I wasn't above 60% on my pedal effort, the game gave me nothing.

Heat is staying in the tires, and if I drive harder, they retain more heat. It feels like I have some say in how hot or cold the tires get. Now I can properly learn how to control tire temperatures.

The cars I did try are a lot easier to control. I can better feel the loss of traction, and more importantly; I can feel when the car has settled. On the left to right transitions at Bathurst, the old Audi RL LMS Evo, a car I didn't get along with before the update, was loud and clear about what the tires was doing. I can't wait to get more time with the car. Its 10x better now.

The updates at the tracks are noticeable. The new billboards lining Bathurst, the redone crowds and track side screens at Road America, the redone building advertisements at Spa are nice touches. Looking forward to seeing more.

My only complaint is I now have to adjust my FFB a little. Everything feels a touch weaker. But this is solvable on my end so, it's not a big deal.

What cars didn't get the update? Is it just the German Nationals? I want to try the Crossle cars and also jump in the RR Truck and get a feel for both, later on today. It would be nice to know.

Thanks again.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2023
  15. ShortyBuzzGER

ShortyBuzzGER Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    All cars have the new tires. Only some don't yet have new suspensions and default setups with it.

And yes: 100 vrp are 1 Euro.

• Like Like x 1
  16. ShortyBuzzGER

ShortyBuzzGER Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Certainly a noticeable change, definitely shorter braking distances and thus quicker lap times. Also different on throttle. Just a couple questions:
    1) are the 5-10 degree temperature difference still what one should aim for? In my first few test drives the differences were a lot lower than they used to be
    2) should any of the changes have a significant influence on top speed? Im down 10kph in the mazda dpi on daytona (running my old setup but making sure there are no strange values in there)
    And less of an actual question but whyd you have to change the track limits, theyre gonna be a nightmare for months :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Carsan

Carsan New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    In Macau I don't know if they have changed the turn of the cars, the curve itself or it is a matter of the new tire, but the trip through Melco Hairpin is more logical. You have to pass calmly but you make the curve well, you have to go past it so as not to make it well. Before, even going very slowly, sometimes you could choke. On the other hand, there are updates throughout said circuit, but I get the feeling, I don't know if it's wrong, that the tone that should be yellow on the fences may not be appropriate.

19. S-AMG

S-AMG Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Hello
    Still no feeling on the brakes, it's a real shame. :(

20. jean-marie.hulin

jean-marie.hulin New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello,
    Since December 18th update, i have lost all my historical data. when I go to single player race and select "ranking", I'm alone in the table. Only my last best time on the selected track is registered, all other players have disappeared from the list.
    Quite disappointing to not see my position vs. others anymore and not being able to see my progress turm after turn.
    Is it due to software update or I did something wrong?
    thank you for your help.