RPM Shift light values (for LED tuning)

Discussion in 'Knowledge Base' started by Wilko Jones, Aug 21, 2023.

1. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    Is there some place I can find the rpm and shift light numbers for every car in Raceroom? I'm trying to get my shift lights and LEDs in sync with the sim, but at best I'm guessing what those numbers are.

The first car I attempted to coordinate was the Lotus Evora in GTR4. What i have is...

Idle - 1250
    Green - 5000
    Red1 - 6052
    Red2 - 6700
    Flash - 6800
    Max - 8450 (Lowest Fanalab will let me set)

My numbers are best guesses, and close to how the lights respond. I'm not using a wheel with an array of shift lights. I just have the single LED on the WRC wheel to work with, and all I just want is to be close to what the sim is displaying.

Hopefully the values I am looking for are easy to find. It would save me a lot of guess work, and time. Then I'd be able to concentrate on getting Fanalab to automatically switch between cars and display the correct LED colors, if this is possible.

Thanks for any help with this matter.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2023
  2. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Bumping this. I am also looking for RPM values, specifically the DTM 2023 pack.

Is there even a way to see RPM values whilst driving? Normally, I set FanaLab profile values by being in neutral in the pits and checking the lights vs. RPMs.

3. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. bubblejohns

bubblejohns Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    spoilers i have mine at 96% and it matches all but 2 or 3 specific cars, namely things like the truck. theres my SH profile to pull apart

Attached Files:

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  5. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    This is no easy task. If I could publicise them I would but to lay them all out means picking through a lot of files and a lot of numbers.

6. Wilko Jones

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    Thanks. At least I made it to the base of the mountain. LOL

I've run into a roadblock on the Fanalab side. I cannot get it to automatically switch between cars.

7. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    The most important one to get right is the final light and you can establish that generally by just revving the car stationary and watching the revs as you do so.

The others are usually a percentage of the final value but that's not a fixed percentage either.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Wilko Jones

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Alex. This will help trememdously.

9. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I want to watch the rev numbers, but they don't show on the Ferrari 296 GT3. How can you view them without using something like Simhub?

10. bubblejohns

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    theyre not on the in game car dash on the other pages?

11. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Maybe they are on some dashes, but not on all of them.

12. bubblejohns

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    either way almost all cars shift point is at 95-97% of max rpm, i like to set 96 and ive checked almost every car in its mini display. and off the top of my head the few that want to be short shifted is i think the truck, civic tcr, and the 2 modern f1 cars but theyre at about 94% ish.
    personally i dont like up the other rev lights as long as theyre evenly timed itll be fine