Opinions on New Tire Model

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Allan McMillan, Dec 21, 2023.

1. Muzarati

Muzarati Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    I think the new track limits are too tight. On some corners due to the flow of the track, I think the curbs should be included or limits relaxed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Beastux

Beastux Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +288 / 0 / -0
    Well, if it's the rule, we just have to learn the new track limits. But I noticed that it's not even possible to go on the white line at the exit of Stowe short T1.

3. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    As much as im struggling (and will be for quite a while :D) to get used to the new track limits this is not the way to go. Consistency is THE most important thing when it comes to track limits, as long as thats given its just a matter of getting used to it. Once theres inconsistencies it all becomes guesswork and you have to remember track limits for 1000 corners individually rather than just one simple rule

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Beastux

Ratings:
    +288 / 0 / -0
    But remembering the track limits for 1000 corners or more may not be a problem for you, Nico! :D

5. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Well eventually probably not, but not everybody (myself included) wants to put in all that work :D

6. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    I'll report it on Discord.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Yup, I rolled it on Blisterberg without even touching a kerb. The default setup has too soft anti roll bars and also too much ride height (22cm), which is great for the Dakar rally but not much good for centre of gravity. @Alex Hodgkinson @Thomas Jansen please take a look. I didn´t check if the DTM Audi also had something off on default setup.

The one other car that is just terrible to drive is the Nissan GTO - no aero or mechanical grip, it´s just a dragster. Even the Mustang now drives a lot better.

8. Muzarati

Muzarati Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Yep I agree with the rule but there are some corners that some curb is needed to keep the flow going, or maybe over the white line is out, not just on it!

9. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    Have you never looked at a picture of the real thing?

upload_2023-12-31_15-46-12.jpeg

10. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0

This is one really going and the front is definitely not 20cm off the ground and neither does it roll over on every corner, which is the main issue with the one in Raceroom!

11. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    You can use kerb in all corners. You can have pretty much the entire car on the kerb, or grass or whatever. One wheel on the track is not a harsh rule.

12. Muzarati

Muzarati Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    I totally agree but the white line, which is painted on the track, should be part of the track and over that is out of bounds, not on it o_O

13. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    Ride height isn't always the lowest part of the body. It's usually a reference point either side of the floor between the wheels. Splitters sometimes hang lower than said points.

That particular car is a replica too.

14. Beastux

Ratings:
    +288 / 0 / -0
    I drove it at Mid Ohio in the leaderboard but I didn't notice too much difference with the previous model. After 15 minutes, I was lapping in the same laptime range as the hotlap competition with the stock setup. But this car has always been a bit of a dragster to drive for sure!

15. ShortyBuzzGER

ShortyBuzzGER Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    The rule in R3E actually IS on the line is fine. Look at the ingame loading screen. [​IMG]
    If it is wrong somewhere please report it!

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2024
  16. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Understood but it doesn´t change the fact that both this car and the DTM audi are overly prone to rollling over - moreso than other cars in the same class so please have a look and see if you can find what is wrong. The GTO Audi is fine so it is probably not the 4x4 drivetrain.

17. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Yes it is like it was before, that´s unusual as almost all the non TC RWD cars I have tried are much improved in terms of grip and traction.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    I noticed that chances of rolling over massively depend on my front tyres type and condition (easier on fresh soft and less likely on overheated hards), and the common situation when it happens is when I accelerate through the corner and hit the curb. So basically when front tyres pull the car into the corner, and the harder they can pull the likely it is to roll over. That doesn't happen in RWD cars because their front wheels aren't driven.

So I'm not sure if it's a bug or an actual feature that you need to account for in your driving. In real life Nissan GTR didn't seem to shy away from curbs but without seeing driver inputs it's hard to confirm or disprove it.

Some footage I found, 8:17 in a race. 17:38 hotlapping, the car jumps pretty high over these curbs, 19:08 same corners but from the cockpit.

It's also wider and lower.

19. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Like that? :D Although they did have a big sausage inside the curb back then...

upload_2024-1-1_23-57-3.png

20. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    (A small detail when comparing to real-life references: the current R32 GT-R ingame isn't the almighty Gr.A as originally released. Physics-side, it's now a lower-tier Gr.N version for class balance, less modified/closer to stock link)

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2024