Question Graphics question

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by S. FREDRIKSSON, Jan 18, 2024.

1. S. FREDRIKSSON

S. FREDRIKSSON Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    I would like to go back to R3E more but there are two graphics "issues" that keeps me from it. Maybe someone here could help.
    Compared to the sim Im using more, things are a little "blurry", or rather like it is moving to fast or have lower fps. Nothing horrible at all but it makes my eyes a bit tired and hard to keep focus after a while. With things I dont really mean objects, its more the texture of stuff, including the track itself.
    Also, I would like to reduce bouncing camera as much as possible. I have set Head Movment Amp tp 0.

Im using a 49" Ultra Wide 240Hz, 3070Ti, 5800X3D and Steam says Im between 150-200 FPS depending on track.

Thanks
    Stefan

Attached Files:

2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    I don't understand what you mean, honestly.

This is what I use in nVidia control panel:
    - Anisotropic filtering: 16x
    - Texture quality: High quality
    - Sharpening: 33% (this feature is in Scaling which is pretty confusing, but I don't use scaling, I run the game at my monitor's native resolution)

Plus, in the game I set MSAA to 8x.

3. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Ghosting maybe? Like where you see unwanted reflections before or after your car? Maybe take a screenshot to clarify.

I get that too on some tracks in the day time cycle. You could try capping the frame rate or using gsync but that hasn´t worked for me. Maybe it is screen related but mine is supposed to be 1ms. You could also try fiddling with the monitor OSD performance options in the manual. What brand is it?

4. S. FREDRIKSSON

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for your repllies. I have tried your suggestions but unfortunatly it is the same.
    It is hard to explain but a bit like micro fps lag or maybe like motion blurr.
    Maybe it is just the way the game is and I'm not used to it.

5. S. FREDRIKSSON

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Maybe blurry is the wrong way to describe. Im sure a screenshot would be great looking, it is more when driving it is like motion blurr or microstutter.

6. S. FREDRIKSSON

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Got it almost totally fixed. What did it was changing "Pitch Lag" and "Roll Lag". I guess my old eyes confused the camera movement with "blurr" or "micro stutter". Thanks to those who tried to help and glad to be back to R3E.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1