Native resolution support for triple screen (2*27" and middle 34" wide)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ThPRacing, Jul 31, 2023.

1. ThPRacing

ThPRacing New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hello guys,

I asked several times without getting an answer.

Is there a plan to support native resolution for different types of screens. Right and left are 27" (2560*1440) and middle is 34" (3440*1440). In this combination the triple screen function of RR3 doesn't show correct borders because of different horizontal size of middle monitor (34"). So I have to use NVIDIA's Surround function which leads in lower resolution and distorted middle screen.

Project Cars 2 e.g. supports this function.

Thx for answer

ThPRacing

2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    graphics_options.xml has separate settings for each monitor's size, bezel and angle. Try to play with them, maybe that'll work.

3. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Having 3 non-identical monitor is a terrible idea to begin with, it will hurt performance and make things difficult for developers. Spend a few hundred dollars, buy an identical size monitor and avoid being a unicorn.

4. ThPRacing

ThPRacing New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    @Maskerader: I just did this but due to the fact of UW the borders for right and left will then be seen in the middle screen. Means the middle screen then shows three sections. A little section left and right from picture of the outer screens and in the middle of the center monitor the regular middle picture.

@VFX Pro: Normally that will be a solution, but I need the UW Screen for my work too. It's not about money it about comfort for business and office space. There will be no space for a 4th monitor. It was only a question because other SIM's do provide this. It is not impossible.

5. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    But the picture is not distorted?

6. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Before playing, perhaps, change your resolution all 3 monitors to match...?

7. ThPRacing

ThPRacing New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Ok I just tried everything again. Results are the same as before.
    If I don't use NVIDIA's Surround there is no chance to have all three Monitors recognized in RR3.
    Using triple screen without surround, only the selected monitor will be used for triple screen function of RR3
    Custom resolution don't work. So no chance to span higher resolution for RR3 in windows mode
    Using surround function reduces the overall resolution to three time 1920 HD resolution by 1080. No 2K or more. Chnaging resolution before useing surrond will be ignored because surround uses matching resolution in HD which were available on all monitors.

How does other racers use triple screen without using NVIDIA's surround?

8. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    I guess they send frames on all three monitors separately, which is probably not possible for Raceroom.

9. Prometheus 2

Prometheus 2 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    f
    ollowi

10. Prometheus 2

Prometheus 2 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    following. i have the same issue and similar sized screens. have you managed to sort out?

11. ThPRacing

ThPRacing New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    No sorry, not yet. They won't or cannot manage this issue. I found no alternative without NVIDIA surround for native resolution.
    And with wide the middle it will scratch to 27'' with very low HD resolution. Far away from native resolution.

12. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    @Andi Goodwin Could you report this issue to devs, please? Or maybe it's already in the bug list?

There's this option in FOV menu:
    upload_2024-1-21_2-34-22.png

But it doesn't work as you expect. If you try to change, for example, center screen size, it works as if your setup is like that:
    upload_2024-1-21_2-36-57.png

So three monitors with the same ratio, but different diagonal. The game picture will always be divided into three equal parts, but the center part will have a different FOV than the right and left one. The lines won't be aligned and it's impossible to use for what the majority of cases (with unequal monitor sizes) actually are, which is this:
    upload_2024-1-21_2-38-2.png

And there doesn't seem to be a way to change this behavior.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2024
  13. ThPRacing

ThPRacing New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
  14. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    I even made this :D

In the game, I set triple monitor settings as if I have these monitors: 25", 50", 25". This is what the picture on my monitor looks like:
    upload_2024-1-21_4-57-11.png

If I shrink left and right parts to exactly 50% in Photoshop, the picture now makes sense:
    upload_2024-1-21_4-58-41.png

Last edited: Jan 20, 2024
  15. ThPRacing

ThPRacing New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Maybe someone of Dev's now knows whats wrong with the ingame settings and can fix it. Hopefully.

I have no contact data from anyone of kw- Studios.