Opinions on New Tire Model

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Allan McMillan, Dec 21, 2023.

1. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    I am not sure about being faster but I can certainly attest to being more consistent - now the only rep points I lose are for collisions or track cuts but much less for spins or losing control. The new car physics just help so much to keep the car on track and not be surprised by unpredictable snappy handling. I can now do full Norsdchleife laps with no penalties and even managed a ranked race with the Gr5 at Nurburgring with 0 penalties. Before, I wouldn´t have even bothered as I know I would have spun off multiple times.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    You mean you're gaining more time than losing due to slow down? Then I guess report these places too.

3. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Have thethe track limits been redone at Spa Raidillon or am I just getting better at taking the corner cleanly?

4. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    Driver improvements must be happening

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Seems the Audi dtm 92 and Nissan are harder to roll now. The Nissan has also lost its useless 6th gear and no longer feels like it has an oil slick under its tyres. Is that a sign a Gr. A version is coming?

6. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    And ABS. Now it's a proper fake car: looks like Gr.A, together with liveries and team names, but doesn't work like one. I still think it would be better if it was simply BOPped down.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2024
  7. bubblejohns

bubblejohns Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    harder but not impossible, always up for a challenge myself :D
    group A gtr, naaaahhhh never happen. banned!!! banned car!!! :triumph::triumph::triumph:

8. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    Well it is actually Group N spec now, 1:1. You can even find the homologations documents on the FIA website and compare should you wish.

9. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Car model is different: Group N cars have rear exhaust, not a side one like Gr.A, and usually don't have side skirts. Then liveries and rims and team names also suggest that we're looking at Gr.A cars.

I'm not against Gr.N car but I expect it to look like one and have liveries from Gr.N cars (or at least fantasy ones, if real ones aren't available).

Last edited: Jan 31, 2024
  10. bubblejohns

bubblejohns Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    its deffo a groupA by model and the base nismo one delivered to calsonic/hks at that, but yeah its group N performance because ... obvious

11. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0

[​IMG]

Andi

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Pierluigi Vinci

Pierluigi Vinci New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Which temps delta should be aimed now? I see I not even reach 5 degrees with dtm 2023 cars, while I was used to easily reach 10 with three old tyre model. Is less better now?

13. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    This thread goes into that https://forum.kw-studios.com/index.php?threads/new-tyre-model.19391/ but tbh im still not sure what to aim for :D

14. keanos

keanos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -0
    Didn't Alex said, 5 degree is now the number to aim for, at least for modern cars with modern tires, like GT3.

15. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    He did say that. But he also said that you shouldnt need to change more than a few clicks from default setup which at least for me contradicts the 5 degree rule of thumb. But then he also said that on most circuits youll need slightly asymmetric setups and the outside tires need to be absolutely maximised in terms of camber and pressure and also the more you can get the inside tire working the better at which point i gave up trying to understand it :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Doesn't that mean that your outside tyres should be your priority, and the rest of the performance comes from what you can extract from inside tyres?

17. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    It might mean that but to me that then would ultimately sound like try to optimise both (but perhaps worry less if the inside is not as ideal). But what does optimising even mean in this case? Get something close to a 5 degree delta? Thatd bring me back to having to do huge changes from default which just a couple sentences earlier he said shouldnt ever be neccessary..
    (To be fair he did also say to properly get it right youd need to also look at telemetry stuff but i suspect a very low percentage of players will do that so having a rule of thumb that doesnt contradict itself would be nice :D)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    It seems to me that adding a lot of camber no longer gives free speed, need to see about reducing toe in/out and rake.

19. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    It wasn't exactly free, tyre wear increased with it.