December 2023 AI thread ...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Andi Goodwin, Dec 18, 2023.

1. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    otterhud is basically a dead app , it hasnt been updated for nearly 2 years, you could try rehud , its on the forum

Andi

2. Jason Carlson

Jason Carlson Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Thank you, I will give that a try.
    Maybe it should be taken off of the RaceRoom splash screens when the game is loading then?

3. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    it has been a while ago i believe

Andi

4. Wifredo Sevilla

Wifredo Sevilla Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I also like Group 2. I tested it with a default setting on Mid Ohio Short. The car is drivable, better than before the upgrade IMO, but the fronts were at +100ยบ after seven laps, which seems too much.

5. Raceroad

Raceroad New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    After the new (amazing) tires update, the AI became hyper agressive and often cars crashes (in other cars or in mine).
    My last experience was a race on Brands Hatch Indy (with DTM 2014), many crashes in the first corner, many AIs going out of the track, in the sand (it doesn't seem to affect its speed), and coming back agressively and raming in anything is on the track. I had tested a few times ago a race with a 100% AI, it was as agressive (on another track I don't remember).

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. wsimonds04

wsimonds04 Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Car class: GT4 Porsche
    Track: Road America
    AI: 95 & 104
    Six Porsche's in field and they were the bottom six. They were 6-7 seconds slower then the field.

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. wsimonds04

wsimonds04 Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Car class: GT4
    Track: Road America
    AI: 95 & 104%

To me the AI seem excessively fast in the Carousel (turn 9-10).
    upload_2024-2-16_12-31-25.png

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  8. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    A.I. prone to accidents.
    Class: Mazda mx-5
    Track: Imola
    Corner: 5(?)
    A.I: I've tried adaptive and 90%
    Session: single race.
    a.i. massive pile up on lap 1, then random individual crashes subsequently.

9. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Ai pace is off
    The frx22 seem to be pretty much unusable at the moment as they seem to have no idea how to navigate tight corners. Tested at suzuka gp (worst in the hairpin and the final chicane), hockenheim gp (worst in turns 2 and 4) and sepang gp (worst in turns 1/2 and the hairpin in the middle of the lap) at strengths of 100-105. On each of those tracks they lose several seconds in just a couple corners

10. Wifredo Sevilla

Wifredo Sevilla Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    AI prone to accidents:
    The car class (AI selection): GT3
    The track layout: Zhejiang GP
    The AI Strength setting: 100
    Racelength: Practice

T1 & T13 - Sometimes they oversteer here and can cause mayhem if they loose it. More noticeable on cars with heavy rear end like AMG or 911.

Also, pit entry is outside the track limmits and an off-track penalty is always issued.

[​IMG]

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. mirezz

mirezz New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey,
    I didn't touch Raceroom for a year or so, now I came back for some AI races (which I really enjoyed in the past)
    but OMG wtf happened to this game?? On almost every track the AI cars use strange racing lines, crashes into walls on certain corners for example in my last testing :
    AI prone to accidents:
    The car class (AI selection): WTCR 2020, WTCR 2018, GT3
    The track layout: Zhejiang GP
    The AI Strength setting: 100
    Racelength: Practice
    The AI always crash at T13 on FWD runs wide than crashes into the wall of the right hand side of the corner exit.
    on RWD cars simply spins out,according to my testing on both cases it's due to excessive throttle input by the AI on the corner exit.

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. nedimmb

nedimmb Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    AIs are both a miss and broken at the same time
    Example 1
    Track: Autodrom Most
    Car class(es) GTR3, GTR4, WTCR 2019, WTCR 2020, Porsche 911 Cup Car and BMW M1 Procar
    Skill level: 95 %
    Problem 1:AIs will very often cause a pile-up on the first chicane during race starts
    Problem 2: This is happening mostly with GTR4, BMW M1 and Porsche 911 Cup Car! Some AIs will go sbinalla on turn 13.
    Problem 3: With every category, the AIs are much faster than me through corner 21 and may at times get a S3 time being as much as 0,7 seconds faster than my best!
    Problem 4. When taking the lead, the rubberbanding AI is severe!

Example 2.
    Track: Nurburgring Nordschleife
    Car class(es) GTR3, WTCR 2019, WTCR 2020, Porsche 911 Cup Car and Mazda Dpi
    Skill level: 95 %
    Problem 1: AIs tend to cause pile-ups at the Adenauer Forst with every car category besides the Mazda Dpi
    Problem 2: AIs are too fast in sector 3 which I didnt have in the previous version of the game with the similar difficulty.
    Problem 3: Mostly noticeable with class GTR3 when in the lead. The fieldspread between the AI in P2 and P3 is huge when racing with GTR3 cars and most likely, the AI in P2 will get a severe rubberbanding & pace advantage and leave the rest in the dust. This also happens on every version I have tried where, during a race at the 24H layout, the AI in P2 managed to finish over 50 seconds ahead of the P3 AI even if the race was four laps in length! The other classes I have tried do not suffer from this issue.

AIs seem very slow with this car in this class
    Car class: TC Cup
    Track: Happens at every single I have tried
    The AIs in the Opel Astra race with a Lord Mahaveer Raghunathan pace compared to the rest of the cars.
    An example with skill level 95 at Brno: The fastest AI with another car made a 2:11:xx. The fastest AI in the Astra made a 2:15:xx

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. nedimmb

nedimmb Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    The final results of that race at Nordschleife 24H. Check the difference between the AI in P2 and the rest. You dont need to tell me, something is totally broken. It feels like R.Foley was given the Adrian Newey treatment compared to the rest

Attached Files:

14. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    unless p3 had a bit of damage but not enough to lose position ; but enough to slow the cars behind it

Andi

15. nedimmb

nedimmb Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Can confirm, there were no damages at all to the P3 AI. Bare also in mind that, the AI that got the huge lead away, started P4 in the race.

16. sampopel

sampopel Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    AI pace seems off
    Track:
    Sonoma Short
    Car: Various cars but today it was in the F4 Tatuus
    Setup: Default setup
    Issue: Specifically the section exiting T8A through T9, the AI often seem to have more pace that I can't attain here, even though I take it flat out. They also seem to be able to take T10 with more speed than I can carry.

[​IMG]

17. keanos

keanos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -0
    Track: Pau de Ville
    Tested classes: Crossle 90F and WTCC'13
    Issue after a standing stard, all ai cars move to the right side of the track even if cars are drectly next to them.

18. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Indianapolis (new) Road, GT3, 90 skill level. During standing start all AI in the left lane shortly swerve to the right. It doesn't cause any collisions, but looks strange.

19. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Ai prone to accidents
    Dtm 2013 at zandvoort gp, tested at 102 strength
    In the long fast right hander (scheivlak) the ai pretty much treat the gravel as part of their normal racing line and re-enter at an odd angle/speed causing trouble

• Useful Useful x 1
  20. Mr Tom

Mr Tom New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi - new here. Got into RaceRoom properly last summer and its become my favourite sim.

Some feedback on the AI at Paul Ricard (track 'Solution 1A-V2'). Apologies my track image below isn't of this solution but it shows the corners I am referring to for the solution I have found issues on (so I will refer to the turn numbers as those in image below).

Track: Paul Ricard ('Solution 1A-V2')
    Car classes: GTR3, DTM 2023 and DPI
    Skill level: 95
    Race length: tried on both 30 and 40 minutes (both the same examples below)

Problem 1: pit entry, after the second right hand into the pits (so pointing towards turns 8/9 below) AI controlled car bangs into walls turning in to the right (player car does this too when set to AI control in pits).

Problem 2: all AI classes struggle at Turn 1/Verrerie, seems they take too much inside curb and spin out, causing all cars behind to slow down and at start of races a large pile up.

Problem 3: same issue at Turn 10/Signes, cars spinning out just after they have hit apex, causing all others behind to slow down/large pile up at start.

Note for both problems 2 and 3, these happen throughout the race.

Thanks
    Tom

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1