Problem Black screen

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Nash Bobo, Feb 21, 2024.

1. Nash Bobo

Nash Bobo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Any of you guys have your Raceroom go into just a black screen? When I am going from one mode to another it goes into a black screen with no way out. So, the only option I have that I know of is a hard shut down of the computer. Can you help me understand what is going on?
    Thanks
    Nash

2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Verify files in Steam.
    Rename Documents\My games\Simbin to Simbin-backup (this will clear all your settings, setups, replays, etc. but you will have them in that backup folder and will be able to bring them back to the Simbin folder if the issue is fixed)

Did you try Alt-Ctrl-Del when the black screen appears?

3. ThPRacing

ThPRacing New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I had this with CS2 after last NVIDIA driver update. I then downloaded last driver directely from NVIDIA homepge and did a complete manual install of the driver. After reboot CS2 worked again correctly.

Maybe this is the same with RR3 in this case. Give this a try,

4. RoBoCop

RoBoCop New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Nice game combo, bro! I tought I am the only one racing Noob ;)
    Now seriously, I have a problem with the Cayman 718 GT4, namely after the update the car is not driveable in mode Novice with the keyboard. And it was certainly until that. Whether it is a bug or so will be going forward? If you dont know, where can I ask about this issue? I am new here. Appraciate your help, thank you in advance!

5. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Can you define better "not driveable"?

6. ShortyBuzzGER

ShortyBuzzGER Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    Maybe make your own thread as this is about a "black screen" issue :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. RoBoCop

RoBoCop New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sry for the not related theme and thank you for the advice. I am not sure how to make a thread, but I will go that way and find out. Peace

8. RoBoCop

RoBoCop New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah nice question! If I brake, all wheels block. If I want to make a quick turn in a race pace, the car becomes uncontrollable. In other words - ABS, TC and so on are formally on, but not working. I know the Porsche is generally a little hard to manage. Other cars can be driven even in modus Amateur, BMW M4 GT4 for example, but not the Porsche. And in modus Novice there were no problems, there was a time attack of Mantorp, where I participated a few years ago and managed to make even good time. Advertising attached;). Main problem for me - I just bought the Porsche before the update Dec`23 and now I can`t drive it:(
    PS: Just to remind that I drive with a keyboard - gas, brake, cornering always at 100%. It must be heretical here on this forum to come up with such a statement, please humbly forgive me :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

9. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    You'd be surprised, but no. The devs even recently adjusted default keyboard settings to account for the new tyre model.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Check that your car is using a default setup, not some old one. If you're using your old keyboard settings, try the new default ones. With these, the car is certainly driveable and it's significantly easier on Novice than on Get Real, so doesn't seem to be a particular issue with this preset.

Also I heard that Countersteer assist doesn't take in account Speed-sensitive steering, so keep that in mind when you start checking different settings.

11. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    upload_2024-2-25_16-6-13.png

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. RoBoCop

RoBoCop New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I had found the option for a new conversation, but I did not see the button for a new tread at all, thank you for the hint, very helpful. Regarding the issue, I've never touched the settings but I'll look to see what it says there.
    Nаsh Bobo if you read this, sorry for abusing your thread, it won't happen again... soon :). I hope you found a solution for your problem.

13. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Guys, I forgot how to verify my files. Give me a path

What is going on with this thread. One of my replies is missing to this thread. Other replies are added.
    Thanks Nash

14. ShortyBuzzGER

ShortyBuzzGER Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    Right click raceroom in steam, go to settings. Then under installed data click check files for error (or whatever it is called in english).

15. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    This is what I got under settings. Screenshot (201).png

Thanks
    Nash

16. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    You have to go to your library, find RRE in the list of games then right click on settings (for that game). You are in general steam settings.