Triple screen with mixed resolutions support

Discussion in 'Knowledge Base' started by nor_bak, Dec 21, 2023.

1. nor_bak

nor_bak New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Triple setup:
    Center 1x 29" 21:9 2560x1080p 670mmx285mm
    Sides at 60º 2x 24" 16:9 1920x1080p 525mmx295mm
    AMD EyeFinity 6400x1080

Perspective transition from center to side monitors happens in center monitor. By default RR splits each 1/3 total horizontal resolution 6400*1/3=2133
    In my case it should be:
    Leftt 0 to 0.3x6400 = 1080
    Center 1080 to 3840
    Right 0.7x6400 = 3840 to 1x6400
    RaceRoom screenshot. Transitions are 1/3 horizontal resolution, fall on center monitor.
    2023-12-21 22_19_47-Greenshot.png
    RF2 and ACC have the same issue. RF2 screenshot: Transitions happens in center monitor.
    Transition.jpg
    Assetto Corsa with Content Manager has an option to change where the split happens.
    AC_CM_3S.png
    Automobilista 2 does not need EyeFinity/NVidia Surround. It detects all monitors and its reslutions so perspective transition happens where it should.

2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    This file: Documents\My games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\graphics_options.xml
    has lines like this:
    <screenSizeMiddle type="float32">86.04000092</screenSizeMiddle>
    <screenSizeLeft type="float32">86.04000092</screenSizeLeft>
    <screenSizeRight type="float32">86.04000092</screenSizeRight>
    <screenBezelMiddle type="float32">0.00000000</screenBezelMiddle>
    <screenBezelLeft type="float32">0.00000000</screenBezelLeft>
    <screenBezelRight type="float32">0.00000000</screenBezelRight>
    <screenAngleLeft type="float32">7.00000000</screenAngleLeft>
    <screenAngleRight type="float32">7.00000000</screenAngleRight>

Don't know if it will work, but try changing them manually. You'll need to do this while the game is closed, otherwise it'll ignore your changes and overwrite them on exit. And don't go to "Field of view" tab in Settings, this can also overwrite your changes.

3. ThPRacing

ThPRacing New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    This won't work, because then you will get a different perspective for the middle screen. This is due to the different ratios of 16:9 and 21:10 with same resolution e.g. 1440 in hight. This is not handled by triple screen settings in RR3E. They only divide complete resolution with 3 and there will be the borders. With 21:10 these borders then are in the middle screen.

I have the same problem and tried out all I have found. Nothing works for me. Only possibility at the moment is NVIDIA Surrond which then streches the middle screen but the borders of the monitors are correct. But you lose resolution of you monitors.

I just asked several times in the forum to adapt the triple screen settings. E.g. in project cars 2 it works by default.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2023
  4. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    There's a line tripleScreenSeparateSizes which doesn't only look like what you need, but even adds this option in FOV settings in the game if you set it to "true". But it doesn't seem to work. As you said, the screen stays divided into three equal parts, changing individual screen sizes only changes FOV for its respected part.

What's interesting is that it's not a new option, I found it in my settings backup from one year ago. So their tried to implement it, it just didn't work for some reason.

@Andi Goodwin Could you ask devs about that? Maybe they can take another look at this feature.

5. PanVlk

PanVlk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    I suspect you are probably the only person in the world using such a weird screen combo for racing, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

6. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Why doesn't it work, btw? Because of nVidia Surround or bezel correction?

You don't need different FOVs for that combo, so just triple screen with 27" each, then adjust angles through graphics_options.xml. I see separate bezel settings in that file too, but I don't know if they work properly.

7. ThPRacing

ThPRacing New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I use the same combi as koly and have the same issues.

@Maskerader: Again, at the moment RR3 doesn't support different aspect ratio for these configurations of 2*27 normnal and e.g. 34'' WHQ.
    As I already wrote, there is no chance or solution to get it work correct.
    NVIDIA Surround selects the lowest native HD resolution (middle screen than scratched)
    Custom resolution will result in 3 equal parts of screens, which means, that the borders for left and right screen are shown on middle screen. Bezel won't fit this issue, because by division of 3. You cannot move this line to the outer sides of middle screen.

And yes, with project cars2 it works without setting any custom resolution or using NVIDIA surround . Just click triple screen and have fun. Why is this not possible in RR3?

@ devs: Please add a function wich let you select the native resolution and aspect ration for each monitor. It would be much better, because I think that many racers will use this combi of screen settings in future.

8. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Out conversations recently are plagued with misunderstanding. :D

I'm talking about this:
    This setup doesn't need different FOVs. 49" super-duper-wide is essentially two normal 27" monitors side-by-side. He wants to add a third one.

9. ThPRacing

ThPRacing New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Ok sorry, I did not read exactly.

10. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    I went and tested some settings in graphics_options.xml - separate bezels and separate angles work. So if you can get a custom resolution that correctly includes both monitors, then I don't see why it wouldn't work from the game's side. But you would need to accept that 49" monitor will have a line in the center. Since it's curved so much you might want to add an angle here too.

Also tried tripleScreenAdvancedCulling hoping that maybe it affects this situation with uneven monitor sizes, but no.

11. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    listening to one of the vids the guy says he sets it up in windows ; not in nvidia or other

Andi

12. Patyo

Patyo New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi. Can anyone help me make sure this setting works properly with NVIDIA Surround?
    Triple setup:
    Center 1x 34" 21:9 2560x1080p LG 144Hz G-sync DisplayPort
    Sides at 2x 27" 16:9 1920x1080p LG 144Hz G-sync DisplayPort
    RTX 3060TI
    Game:RaceRoom
    Thanks!

13. ThPRacing

ThPRacing New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Should work as 5760*1080 but middle will be streched.