News DTM 2015 Virtual Championship

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Jun 11, 2015.

1. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Ahh but not everyone wants to cheat to win!
    It's most definitely NOT the same for everyone as I don't spend hours finding out where and when I can cheat, I drive within the track limits, which believe it or not are the rules!
    So find the places this is being done, report to Devs and get rid of them, drives me mad watching cars drifting all over the place of course what arises from this is because I'm going into a corner at the speed that keeps me within track limits I am rear ended by someone who doesn't and is going faster. The idea of racing is to have track limits so there is a maximum speed for each corner, it's then up to the individual to hone their ability, setup their car properly and be consistant, end of!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    I have to agree with @GooseCreature here. I always try to stay within the normal tracklimits, even if i could go offtrack without getting a penalty. It's more like following a gentlemen's agreement.

So you can't say that "everybody" is taking advantage of "track limit issues". Yes, everybody can use it, but not everybody wants it.
    But i can only speak for myself.

3. Howie

Howie Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Das Rumgeheule regt mich einfach auf! Ein Heinemann, Toccacelli, Keithley etc. sind also alles Cheater oder was?! Jeder versucht das Maximum rauszuholen und wenn es die Strecke hergibt, sich ein wenig weiter raustragen zu lassen dann ist das eben so und für jeden gilt das Gleiche! Und wir reden hier nicht vom "Abkürzen" sondern davon, dass man sich teilweise ein bisschen weiter über die Curbs raustragen lassen kann ohne einen Cut zu bekommen. Immer das gleiche Lied! Da fehlen einigen 5 Zehntel oder ne Sekunde zur Spitze und sie sind der Meinung, dass es am Cutten einer Kurve liegen muss... einfach schwach. Und die schnellsten Jungs, werden trotz allem die schnellsten bleiben. Und das ist nun mal Fakt!

So, da ich dem englischen leider nicht so mächtig bin, musste es auf deutsch raus. Wer mag kann es ja nochmal übersetzen für alle anderen :rolleyes: Vllt. der Ernie? ;)

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Bence Bánki

Bence Bánki Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    I think you don't make a point. People expect clean and enthralling racing by the drivers who take part in this championship - because they ARE the very best of sim racing drivers - and this includes respecting the track limits too. I guess the guys you mentioned - Heinemann, Toccacelli, Keithley and so on - don't need to cut the track to be competitive. Everyone tries to drive on the ragged egde, but this doesn't mean that anyone is allowed to gain advantage on others by being not fair.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Nö ........... uhm ..... nope.:p

BTW .... i'm not whining. And i have absolutely no doubt that the fastest guys will still be fastest without exploiting the track limits. Just to clarify that.
    And even if "going wide" is no cutting (in the proper sense), but you could carry more speed through a corner. And this is in fact an advantage and will be punished in real racing too. GetReal! :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
  6. bastoner97

bastoner97 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    I can say that in Moscow, in turn 8 (i think is turn 8) The fast left after the little hill; some drivers went wide and kept the foot down.. Others as me (maybe we were more naive in this case) when we went wide, we lift off the gas, and we tried to go inside the track as fast as we could, i saw all from my FANTASTIC 15 place lol :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Howie

Howie Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Naja, dann lass ich es mal gut sein..! Ich habe jedenfalls niemanden gesehen der offensichtlich im Rennen gecuttet hat. Und beim trainieren über die Woche habe ich auch nicht feststellen können dass man in irgendeiner Weise Zeit gut machen konnte beim Verlassen der Strecke :)

8. Sébastien Degraeve

Sébastien Degraeve Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]
    Can you blame real DTM drivers to cheat?

• Like Like x 3
  9. Howie

Howie Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Sry Jungs, aber ihr wollt es wohl einfach nicht verstehen.!Zeigt mir doch mal im Moscow-Rennen auch nur einen angeblichen Cut der vom Game nicht bestraft worden ist! Vllt öffnet mir ja jemand die Augen und ich finde noch 5 Zehntel im Nachhinein :cool:

10. Sascha Brandenburg

Sascha Brandenburg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 0 / -0
    Google Translation for english speaking members :

Sry guys, but you would probably just do not understand . ! Just show me for once in Moscow race even an alleged Cut has not been punished by the game ! One probably have someone opens your eyes and I still find 5/10 in retrospect

11. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Guess the game is just as inconsequent as the FIA itself is in abiding its own rules.
    In Annex L they clearly say that "Drivers must use the track at all times. For the avoidance of doubt, the white lines defining the track edges are considered to be part of the track but the kerbs are not." http://www.fia.com/file/25712/download?token=k3m18f3W
    Yet on most tracks and in most races the kerbs are considered part of the track and driving with all four wheels offside the lines is not penalized.

12. Davide Toccaceli

Davide Toccaceli Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    I have just read so many things about rules and how a real or a sim driver should drive.. I think it's useless to discuss it.. It's clear that cutting is wrong.. but in the same time if someone cuts and the game allows it, then he/she/they is/are free to do it, knowing it's sad and incorrect for who drives in a clean and correct way.. Then of course if it's possible to cut, everybody is in the same condition, but as it has been said before, not all guys want use this bug or what it is. That's my opinion, which you can share or not.. ;)
    P.S. I hope the most of you agree with me.. :D

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  13. Sebbl

Sebbl Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    The solution is quite simple: S3S need to adjust the cut warnings in a way that only driving according to the rules which @Sébastien Degraeve posted above doesn't give you a cutwarning.

For example Hockenheim has a cut warning at the first corner but it's somewhere around 1m outside the white lines. It's guessing work were the penalty exactly is triggered + it's not clean racing in my eyes (that said, to compete at the front, you have to use all the track, the game allows you to use).
    In Amateur-mode it's even more rediculous as you can pretty much go to the outside wall in the first corner (and by doing that even be much faster than you can be in Get Real mode).

In my eyes the rule with the white lines is the only one which can be applied to pretty much every corner and it's the only rule that is absolutely clear to everyone. In Race07 that was actually already handled quite well, not perfect though.

(By the way, I still think the slow-down-penalty is nonsense, and has nothing to do with a sim, at least in the way as it is right now. That was handled very well in Race07 too.)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Adam Jonas

Adam Jonas Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    I agree with you about that slow down penalty, it's pretty dangerous during the race.

Maybe the game can give the driver a 1-2-5-10 seconds penalty, depending on how much he is cutting the corner/widing the exit, outside the kerbs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Bence Bánki

Bence Bánki Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Is there a way to get the drivers' laptimes from the race? I would make some charts/graphs.

16. Gianfranco Giglioli

Gianfranco Giglioli New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    wow 20 drivers in 7 tenths, this race will be very interesting!

17. Christian Zielke

Christian Zielke New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Exactly! I don´t want to criticise the drivers and I never ever mentioned that Heinemann, Toccacelli, Keithley,... are cheaters. You totally misunderstand my comment. I criticized more the game for that. We are all racer and we all know: If there is space, we will use it. That´s totally OK and that´s the problem of the new circuits. BUT: I can´t understand why there is a penalty for cutting inside the track and for "outside" you get nothing although you gain the same time! Normally the game must Count your Off-Tracks and after 3 times you get a Slow-Down or something like that. It´s the same in real life. I remember DTM in Hockenheim, the drivers will get one warning and after that a 5sec. penalty or other penalties.

Can you understand me now? If not, just read my text before and that one and you will understand me. ;-) Have a nice one

And guys: Calm down and keep racing!

18. Sébastien Degraeve

Sébastien Degraeve Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    You can find information about the last race here:
    "My Games/SimBin.../Results/raceresults.txt"
    Unfortunately the best lap isn't saved.

19. Flamedphoenix

Flamedphoenix Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +127 / 0 / -0
    What a bad race in moscow... I had really lagging issues working on.. With just 3 Drivers on the Server there were no lags and i was Close to 1sec faster than without. So sadly i start at a disappointing 10th place without a clean lap. I ran between 10-30fps the whole evening with full server..So at some point I was close to a fast Diashow.. xD.. Missing braking points, apexes, etc. Maybe my 15.6"-laptop is too weak for this track (Nvidia Gforce GT 330M, 4GB RAM, 2x2.4 i5).. The race was even worse. I couldnt take any fight - totally difference to Zandvoort, where I had an amazing one with Davide. ;) So i tried to just drive into finish, but I crashed to an unexpected slower Jan. Sry for this... After a small brake, I can drive this turn staying on full throttle (and I expected you the same, cause you werent that slow in laptimes;)). But with my low FPS I couldnt avoid you and was Spinning out, luckily you didnt loose anything and I just lost one place. In the end I had a Little fight with Bianci, but his car disappeared for several laps and when he "rejoins" our cars were within each other.. lol..
    Hopefully the next race will be more fun :)
    Here are some incredible racer online ;) Congrats to Podium.
    Greetings Julian

• Like Like x 2
  20. Jan Stange

Jan Stange Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    @Flamedphoenix Hey Julian, yes mentioned it a few posts before - was braking T1 this lap to avoid a slow down. As said can happen because you can't expecting my behaviours. For me our collision was okay. :)
    Of course struggeled in sector 1 but maintain in (2) and extended in (3) the gap to you. Probabely depended on different setup directions and our driving styles.
    Lookin' forward to next race at Nurburgring on Monday!
    Tbh will be again difficult in race there and the qualyfing will be aswell really important.