Problem VR resolution stuck at about 240/480p, super pixelated

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Becky Ely, Apr 14, 2024.

1. Becky Ely

Becky Ely New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi, I'm hoping someone has an idea on how to fix this. It looks like maybe a problem some people had about 6 years ago but the only fix I found was making sure raceroom is installed on the harddrive the main steam install is on so I did that. I reinatalled raceroom made sure I had no supersampling. I've tried playing with the in game graphics and resolution settings, nothing seems to help. It's like if I start with VR it starts with a 480p resolution as the steam notification in the bottom right when you start a game literally takes up a sixth to a quarter of the screen.
    In VR menus are fine but the racing isn't. If I display on my screen it looks the same as the VR but the menus are super pixelated too. If I play pancake it's fine. raceroom.png

2. nolive721

nolive721 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Which headset you use?

i have both a Q2 and PICO and am not experiencing this

are you sure the resolution slider in steamvr settings is not set all the way down?

Also have you updated steamvr with recently pushed through app updates?

3. Becky Ely

Becky Ely New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hey, sorry forgot to mention I have a Q2. It's the furst time using raceroom I think since upgrading my motherboard, ram and CPU.

I made sure the resolution slider on steamVR was on 100% for raceroom. It's only raceroom that's having a problem.

I have a feeling steamVR updated a little awhile ago, I just let it do it's thing when it comes to updates. It's the first time I used raceroom since the Oculus link updated to be called meta link too.

4. buddyspike

buddyspike New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I have similar problem but it occurs in menus too. I use Varjo Aero

5. nolive721

nolive721 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to the joy of PCVR troubleshooting

I am sorry because I just landed in Europe far from my rig so I can not check my game setup

maybe I had opencomposite left over and that’s why I don’t have the issue

you sure you pushed the in game graphics high? I don’t mean the screen resolution because it has no effect in VR but I think it’s Advanced tab settings like car details etc

6. Becky Ely

Becky Ely New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hey :)
    Don't I know it for pc VR with rf2. Raceroom has always worked fine for till now :(
    I've tried all different in game settings, nothing seems to change it. I have open composite but have to switch back to steamVR for raceroom, it doesn't open with opencomposite.

7. Becky Ely

Becky Ely New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    i am pretty sure it's just getting confused on the screen resolution which I can only set to 3440x1440 due to my monitor. The hud works perfectly and is set to 1920x1080.
    Does anyone know if there's a file I can edit to manually change the screen resolution?

8. Becky Ely

Becky Ely New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I had an idea it might be the XR runtime, but it happens on both steam and oculus runtimes

9. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Is there any reason why?

10. Becky Ely

Becky Ely New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I didn't think raceroom worked with opencomposite, just say game crash then gives a code, I use opencomposite with other games no problemo

11. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
  12. Becky Ely

Becky Ely New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for this :) got opencomposite working now but still got the same problem where it looks like its 240/480p. I can change the screen resolution if I open raceroom pancake and change it so tried 1920x1080 same as the menu and that didn't work either.

13. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
  14. Becky Ely

Becky Ely New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the suggestion:) I found the fix on there

15. Becky Ely

Becky Ely New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I found the fix on discord :)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  16. buddyspike

buddyspike New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Thanks! Will check it today!

17. buddyspike

buddyspike New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately it didn’t help. Still the same. Interesting that even fpsVR is horribly pixelated + aliasing too. Shame because I had high hopes with this tweak .