Multiplayer Mode - help me.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mauricio JP Salles, Apr 19, 2024.

1. Mauricio JP Salles

Mauricio JP Salles Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I can't understand, please help me.
    Multiplayer Mode: I'm in a race and I was taken off for internet reasons (here I have the best and most efficient connection).
    Okay, but what I don't understand is why they take away my points (there are a lot of them)?
    No, I was not disqualified.
    A red banner simply appears informing me of the connection and I am kicked to the Multiplayer screen.
    * This occurs when I am leading and not making mistakes. *
    Should I no longer participate in Multiplayer mode?

2. MR RMM COSTA

MR RMM COSTA New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Are you on WiFi or wired internet and where are you located? Europe, Asia, America?

3. Mauricio JP Salles

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Hi MR. Wired and Brasil - America (SuL)

4. Mauricio JP Salles

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I turn off WiFi and use GameFirst - Asus

5. Mauricio JP Salles

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I don't understand is why they take away my points.

6. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    For leaving the race; cause doesnt matter
    Was that an european server?

7. Mauricio JP Salles

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
  8. Mauricio JP Salles

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Hi FeltH
    I don't know which server it was.
    I'll start recording or print screen

9. Mauricio JP Salles

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I didn't leave the race. The server kicked me.

10. keanos

keanos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -0
    Thats the same, connections lost, is leaving the race.

Otherwise people would missuse it, if they have a crash, instead of press esc, people would diesocnnect their internet cable, to prevent points loss.

11. Mauricio JP Salles

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    You didn't understand. I didn't lose any connection. I led easily twice.
    On 19/04/2024 - 12-10-21 I had “7 incident points” when a red stripe appeared at the top of the screen, and I was kicked out of the race going back to the “Multiplayer” screen (no loss of connection).
    On 04/17/2024 - 17-58-57 I had “0 incident points” when a red stripe appeared at the top of the screen, and I was kicked out of the race going back to the “Multiplayer” screen (no loss of connection).
    My Internet is the best in my region. But let's say there was a wobble and I got kicked.
    If there is a wobble, you are sure to be kicked, it must disturb other runners.
    Do you think it is right to lose “Position”, “Rating” and “Reputation” points?
    No, this is unfair, demotivating, and does not promote the virtual sport.

12. Mauricio JP Salles

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Can you give me the Ping number from there
    Here I use ping -t 8.8.8.8
    upload_2024-4-20_13-50-43.jpeg

13. FeltHλt

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    Yes, its easy to increase ping in artificial ways; if it wasnt punished people would have an option to quit the race without any loss. As i didnt get any additional info, id assume you joined eu server- high ping in this scenario is nothing special considering where you join from. Make sure to join servers in your region
    When you say your connection is the best in your region, what exactly do you mean? What isp and region?

14. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    This thing means a connection was lost:
    Yes, you didn't disconnect manually, but the connection was lost anyway. Or there was too high ping, or a temporary ping spike.

15. Mauricio JP Salles

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Since I'm saying there's something wrong, I can understand your insistence that I'm in bad faith, as if I were stealing.
    But, you forget that there is a logical and meticulous programming that allows the races to be determined down to the smallest detail. Within everything there is, the simplest thing is to evaluate the fluctuation in the connection of each runner. If the runner's connection is floating, the programming easily checks and removes the runner without harming the race, and logically the runner is excluded without punishment or loss of points.
    If I pull the internet cable (as you said) or press “esc”, this action comes from the runner connection side, which is much simpler in detecting what happened. Thus, the runner automatically lost points.
    There is a programming and a logic in everything and for everyone. Action and reaction, “IF” & “Else”, easily detectable.
    Loss of connection: There are two logical situations in flux or loss of connection. One is when it comes from the runner's computer and the other is when the programming detects a fluctuation in the runner's connection and removes it from the race. These are two distant and easily detected situations. For each of them a different action.
    I'm 66 years old, I'm retiring and I'm at an age to have fun and not steal.
    Everything I did here was to inform, provide details and ask for help.
    I hope you have common sense and understand.

16. FeltHλt

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    There are other ways than pulling the internet cable or press "esc". Eg, you can increase your ping with third party soft.
    Driver must be punished for ping kick or lost connection, otherwise you would be able to wreck people and then leave without punishment, by either causing lost connection/ping kick on purpose or simply anticipating it by playing eg on eu servers from sa

17. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    How does this ping kick actually works btw?

18. Mauricio JP Salles

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Finally some help, I hope it works.
    You said: “you can increase your ping with third party soft.”
    ATTENTION, I informed you at the beginning of this topic in the 3rd post: “I turn off WiFi and use GameFirst – Asus”
    My PC is original, I don’t change anything, I only update “drivers” and “software”
    I have an “Asus Rog Strix Z790-E Motherboard” that installs the “GameFirst” program to give preference to the Internet connection for Games, with the option to block other programs.
    I don't see how this program will increase the ping, it only informs that it will give preference to the internet connection for games. Besides, it's ASUS! How could it provide anything bad?
    No matter, I will no longer use this GameFirst program.
    Let's see what happens.
    If the problem is resolved, I will return to inform you.

19. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    This reasoning doesn't apply in this case because the current reputation system is not designed to combat intentional wrecking, that's what reports are for.

That's not what he meant. He was talking about this:
    There are programs that can slow down your internet and/or make you ping high. If Raceroom worked in such a way that your ranked stats didn't change when you are kicked for bad connection, you could use those programs to essentially imitate bad connection when you want to leave any race without losing anything. This is not the behavior that the devs want to allow, and it's one of the reasons why reputation works like that in this game.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2024
  20. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    if your playing on anything else than the american servers the risk to being kicked for ping increases ..

if we arent using wifi ; and are using a wired connection , then its down to how the isp routes ; how it balances its loads ; what nodes it uses ; what time of day and the load on there network ...and there is nothing as an individual can do to protect against this

Andi