What should I do with this guy?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Al Zetina, Apr 24, 2024.

1. Al Zetina

Al Zetina New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Good day, allow me to introduce myself, my name is Alejandro - Al (abbreviated). I'm posting here addressing the raceroom community, hoping to read your comments and opinions regarding this situation. I enjoy racing, I love competing in a sportsmanlike manner, but for a few weeks now, I've been having a very personal situation with the user "Oliver Stirling" from the United States.

Initially, we greeted each other cordially and competed as cleanly as possible with our respective incidents. However, for the past few weeks, this guy has become obsessed, first with his ranking and then with me, to the point where he's been deliberately targeting me in every race he finds me, and this has been happening systematically since March 2024.

I say he's obsessed with ranking because when someone is faster than him, he tends to give them a slight nudge from behind, besides, the other day he appealed to me to "look at his ranking." And I insist, he's doing this systematically. Watch the video with all the "touches," the blatant hits he's made on me race after race, and in some instances, I've managed to come out unscathed. However, he continues to insist that I'm the bad driver, when in reality, it's his terrible (very unsportsmanlike) attitude. I've already reported him, but nothing happens and this continues.

In the video, I include dates, circuits, times, and evidence of how systematic it is, mainly targeting me. And the truth is, guys like this tarnish the reputation of a good game.

At some point, I chose not to do qualifying and to ignore him, but in the end, he still ends up reaching me with the same result. A hit, he pushes me off the track, he nudges me, I've reached the point of exhaustion and I'm not going to quit the game because of a guy like this.

For now, they've changed the cars, and I've managed to get away from him, since he only races with the FRJ. I race with whatever is available, and I've avoided participating in FRJ races, but they're going to remove them completely at some point, and I'm going to run into him again.

The question is, what should I do? Or in your case, what would you do in my place? Since nothing is happening, I'm considering racing and doing the same dirty maneuvers he does, but it's not my style, which is why I turn to this forum for advice and opinions.

video link:

• Like Like x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  2. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Maybe post it on Discord or DM one of the mods here/there to ask them to take a look at it.

Generally bullies only respect a bigger bully but if you start doing the same they might try to get you banned based on their proof.

A workaround is to stay off FRJ servers as they tend to be the wild west in any case!

3. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    https://forms.gle/bHeTaYvQUSajB2rD6
    Should be the official way to report him. Ive never filed a report but would hope that the clip at 5:00 is enough to get him banned from ranked for a bit. If its not then id just not bother starting a race when hes on the same server. Sucks but my rep is too important to me to be taking such chances :D. Certainly wouldnt start driving dirty tho, best case everybody else looks at you as a troll, worst case you get yourself banned.

And only slightly related, how on earth does he have a 90 rep? Say a 97 driver with a couple badly timed disconnects will end up having the same rep as somebody driving like this..

Also, nice save at 2:52 ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2024
  4. Al Zetina

Al Zetina New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I appreciate your response, and I'll check Discord. Honestly, I'm not sure how it works. I have an account, but I've only logged in five times. It's too much hassle, and currently, I avoid entering wherever the individual is.

5. Al Zetina

Al Zetina New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I appreciate your response, and I agree that there should be a way to report a user, beyond just the report button. Is there something else we can do to make it clear that these types of users should be severely punished, so they think twice in the future?

For now, I'm avoiding it, but I'll have to face him in the future and see what happens.

6. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Report button in their profile is only for reporting bad names or team names.

To report bad behavior on ranker servers use the link that Nico posted.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Al Zetina

Al Zetina New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    thank you for the observation. I've already done it