Problem Race room menu in VR

Dieses Thema im Forum "Community Support" wurde erstellt von Oops01, 1. Mai 2024.

1. Oops01

Oops01 Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I haven't played raceroom in a while but when I start it in VR now the menus are in my face in the headset which makes them very hard to read and I can't figure out how to get them back to normal again, Has anyone else experienced this?

2. inthebagbud

inthebagbud Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    recenter your headset maybe - either through game or steam?

3. Oops01

Oops01 Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I have tried that and I'm afraid that it doesn't work

4. Oops01

Oops01 Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    It's as if the menus are attached to the headset, right in front of your face almost impossible to see, it's so close but the funny thing is the rest of the game runs perfectly in VR, it's as if I have a setting ticked somewhere.
    Also the hud in-game is the same it's right in front of your face

Zuletzt bearbeitet: 2. Mai 2024
  5. inthebagbud

inthebagbud Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    the only thing i have had similar was with the G2 and was something to do with the boundary settings and having to recenter the headset , because i was not using a boundary

6. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    upload_2024-5-4_10-34-4.png
    bind and use hud buttons to move hud, reset position button should work as well (dont use it during loading screens)

7. Oops01

Oops01 Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Well after a lot of head-scratching, I've had a little bit of a breakthrough, I am using the Steam link to connect my Q3, I went into the settings on the SteamVR and set the FOV custom scale to 100% and this brought the screen (in the headset) to where it should be in the headset, meaning that I can now read the menu's (both in-game and in the menu) but the only thing is that the menu screens are still blurry, but it's a step in the right direction, now I just have to tinker with the blur to get it spot on.

8. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    so you dont use quest pro?
    not related but try open composite https://forum.kw-studios.com/index.php?threads/vr-performance-tweaks-tips.13068/

9. Oops01

Oops01 Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I do have a pro but I've been using the 3 for a little while now

• Like Like x 1
  10. Oops01

Oops01 Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    @FeltHλt you hit the nail on the head m8, I forgot that I used open composite when I ran R3e before so when I tried that, the game ran perfectly(menus are perfect), when I use open composite I have to use the meta wireless link and then the Oculus app opens on my PC
    But I would prefer to use the Steam link and Steam vr and not have to open the Oculus app but when I run the game that way the menus are horrible.

11. inthebagbud

inthebagbud Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    I am not sure that is completely the answer.

I tested changing FOV in steamvr using per app settings , using pc link and starting game from steamvr and nothing changed for me