R3E Web Dashboard Released

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by Stefan Mizzi, Jul 11, 2015.

1. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Great, that's a good idea.

I wasn't talking about GenericChart.html, I meant TireTempGraph.html instead.

2. Stefan Mizzi

Stefan Mizzi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    OoooOOOH ! :oops: OK mate, I'll have a look at it and see what I can do :)

3. Stefan Mizzi

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    Today I finished the windows app widget container and I'm quite happy with it. It is:

1. Transparent background to blend in-game
    2. Movable
    3. Realizable
    4. Zoom in and out
    5. Can be minimized or closed
    6. Can be refreshed just in case you stop the stream app
    7. You can put as many as you want on the screen.

Here's how one will look when game is paused and when in-game. Maybe it wont be super user friendly, but we'll see...

widget_paused.JPG

widget_ingame.png

What I'm going to say now is an idea and I have not implemented yet. But is next on my list to see if it is feasible. The idea will be that there will be a screen with all separate widgets and you can custom build whatever you want into one widget. Once the widget is saved you can then load it from the streaming app and move it on top of the game. You will be able to customize as many as you wish and save them....and also load in game which ones you want.

Like I said, maybe not very user friendly to stay opening these widgets and drag them on the game. There is an issue where the game pauses while it looses focus and nobody gave me an answer if I can disable the pause.

Anyways, we'll see :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  4. Stefan Mizzi

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    Here's a little update with a short video of how the in-game dashboard widgets are coming along.

In short, I have mixed feelings about it to be honest. On the good side, they seem to be working well, data streamed instantaneously, we can apply any design anyone wants to any widget and its quite flexible and easy to build one. As seen in the video, I managed to put a couple (there is no limit really how many but I just put 4) of widgets on screen in less than a minute and they can be moved, zoomed in/out, pinned etc but...On the negative side, I don't think its very user friendly to use them.

Why? because...

1. you have to set the game to use Windowed=true
    2. you have to switch between the game and the widget manager until you set them up
    3. the app shortcuts I made (like CTRL-D for example) does not work while in game as the game takes the key listener event.
    4. games pauses every time one tries to move the widget and I could not find any game settings to disable the pause while game looses focus.

Make sure you watch the video in HD. Also sorry about the recording, but it came out with low framerate. Its not a game/widget issue as its all smooth, but my crap at recording ..sorry! Also I did not bother about my driving :p

What you think, is this all worth it for a release soon or maybe it's crap and we throw everything in the bin? I honestly do not know, though I find some widgets handy to have. User friendliness will make some irritated I think....

Your call :)

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  5. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    very pretty :)
    these problems should go away if s3s allows custom overlays like they did for spectate.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Exxon

Exxon Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Hi Stefan, I do not know if you also understand German?
    I find your app really cool.
    I just wonder just how do you do that are the tire data or the times in the foreground. I do not understand can you please tell me how to do that?
    So that you have the icons as shown in the video in the foreground and behind the game. thanks:):rolleyes:

7. Stefan Mizzi

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    Hi Exxon, sorry but I do not speak German. I am not sure what you mean.... as in...how did I do it technically or how does it work?

It has not been released yet so it is not available to the public yet, I was just showing about how it works and coming along :)

Cheers
    Stefan

8. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    Why don’t Sector3 buy your great stuff??? :confused: o_O

180 psi tire pressure??? usually between 30 psi and 60 psi ...
    http://touringcar.ca/files/Tire_Tips.pdf

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
  9. Stefan Mizzi

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for noticing the tire pressure...must be some conversion error on my side, will take note ;)

10. Exxon

Exxon Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Hi Stefan, thanks for the info from you. Yes, I said how this works that you can push your elements such as tire pressure, bests in the foreground on a monitor and the game runs in the background so that you can see both.
    But if you say it is not yet published then it's all right. I am pleased if everything works. Until then, keep up the great work.
    :):rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Stefan Mizzi

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    Done. The graph now dynamically sets the Max and Min values dynamically according to the data coming from the game. Though I am setting a +/- 5 to the max/min values on initialization of the graph. Will be available with next release.

As seen below, front remained quite stable....rear were cold, then I did some wheelies and then let them cool off a bit. Seems clear from the graph to me....

tires.JPG

12. Stefan Mizzi

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    You were absolutely right...values were KPa which I now converted to PSI. Thanks!

pressure.JPG

13. R. Winkler

R. Winkler Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    And again awesome work! Looks quite like the widgets in AC. I hope you'll release it soon.

1. I'm running window mode anyway.
    2. This is only required when settings thing up for the first time
    3. What are these shortcuts for? Hiding widgets?
    4. Same like #2
    So i don't see any reason for not releasing this great stuff :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Stefan Mizzi

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, what you said is true as well :) Sounds encouraging :p

Point 3, the key bindings, I made a keyboard binding CTRL-D which will maximize the widget manager so one does not need to stay switching between the game and the desktop. But when game is up, the key binding does not work.

I'm currently testing all the stuff and finishing last few things (like saving (pin) the widget position so that the next time its opened it will go to the place you saved it).

Going to leave one functionality out for now, which is users can create their own custom widget as this will take me some more days. But it will come with preset ones like in the video.

Cheers

15. R. Winkler

R. Winkler Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    Hey Stefan, I found a bug. I was driving DTM92 on Bathurst in online Multiplayer.
    CrewChief told me my times like for example 2:12.8, but Dashboard shows 2:12.08x. This happens all the time. It's the same in the session data view. (see attached screenshot)
    I don't know if it's because of the cars or because lap times are greater than 2 minutes.[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    looks like a number format / format mask bug but obviously I'm guessing :). Crew Chief always rounds the laptime to the nearest 10th of a second

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Stefan Mizzi

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, this week I had realized of the bug too and had fixed it :) Basically I have a bug in the milli-seconds but it will be all good with the next release.

Thanks!

18. Stefan Mizzi

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    Hi there,

I have the latest release v.1.5.0.0 ready, which has quite some major updates and if someone would like to help me test the release before I officially release it, please contact me so that I send you a link to install/upgrade to the latest version.

Log:
    1. Bugs and fixes to some components
    2. Added in-game widgets

Ideally I would like:
    1. Someone with fresh install x64bit
    2. Someone with fresh install x32bit
    3. Someone who would like to upgrade to latest version x32bit
    4. Someone who would like to upgrade to latest version x64bit

Will prepare the files tomorrow morning and you'll get them tomorrow.

Thanks!

19. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    Im stupid or not. Its the widgets are still released or not? And good work stefan, very well work!

20. Stefan Mizzi

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    Yes, the widgets have been released :)