News DTM 2015 Virtual Championship

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Jun 11, 2015.

1. LSRTV

LSRTV Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Hope everyone enjoyed the show, we will be back next Monday and see if we can go live a few minutes early and we'll see if the dev's can show up for some Q&A maybe pre practice/race. We'll work on getting some more driver cams and have the names of those drivers up with them :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Moritz Löhner

Moritz Löhner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +621 / 0 / -0
    It was not Tim´s foult. You had the lags...very hard lags.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Moritz Löhner

Ratings:
    +621 / 0 / -0
    Best SimRacing Stream I´ve ever watched. Amazing!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Money_Den_777

Money_Den_777 Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Good race! Fighting was excellent. Thanks Klaus Schulze for a great race;). I sat behind you half of the race and was unable to overtake, but still it was cool. It's great gain points again after 3 races:).

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Jay Ekkel

Jay Ekkel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    Great race and fantastic stream, job well done to everyone!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Davide Toccaceli

Davide Toccaceli Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    Again I'm here to comment another "easy" podium thrown away because of a stupid mistake never done before.. Easy because Akos you had problems, not surely because you were slow! ;) Good start, then at the beginning Akos had same lags and was difficult to value exactly where he was. I don't know how, I found myself in 3rd position, following Jack, hoping in a possible recovery to Tim.. But suddenly Jack became completely invisible, and in that moment I was 1/2 tenths faster than him.. I saw some sand raising infront and my fear was to be arrived just behind him.. To avoid a possible collision, I had a look on the map to see where he was, and in that moment I spun.. 100% my mistake, but for sure the fact he became invisible, disturbed me quite a bit in that moment; but anyway again some overtakings until P4, then I didn't push hard anymore, the first 3 where too far.. :) sorry for Jack, he has never had problems, I lost connection 5 minutes before the end of qualifying.. Behind I don't know, but for sure the server is not completely stable, unfortunately :(

Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
  7. bastoner97

bastoner97 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    This was a great race, i had an amazing battle with Willy for 7th. Apart from that, it could be a 5th position, but a little touch with Davide spun me off and i had to recover from 8th, i recovered something on Willy and then we had like 7-8 laps of amazing racing, always on the limit but with sportsmanship, so great congratulations to him for winning this battle :D

8. Jan Stange

Jan Stange Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    Good evening,
    as always first congratulations to all participants. It was fine racing on an incredible level.
    My qualyfing was only P12 with not a perfect lap, but okay my time isn't a shame even very difficult to understand why it was only enough for 6th row.
    The race started well, a few door to door fights until the grid had sorted a bit. Got finally a nice group with @bastoner97 and @Windschatten. A big collision between @Windschatten and me and furthermore and avoiding move at the hairpin costs for sure a better result.
    On my own for @Denis Emelyanenko a big praise for uncompromising and fair overtaking moves. :)

At the end I'm not so unhappy with P9 because after my disaster in previous race I found back my pace and got more luck during the race. Here you can always proud to get points.
    Hopefully we meet again at next round at Oschersleben.

Greetings Jan

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jackthelad

Jackthelad Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Well I saw no one else lagging atall the whole race until 10 minutes to go when I saw Tim is infront of me then he is behind me again.

10. Moritz Löhner

Ratings:
    +621 / 0 / -0
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Flamedphoenix

Flamedphoenix Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +127 / 0 / -0
    Another bad race for me. No Training cause of the gamescom in Germany ;) So I needed a bit to get a part of my normal speed. But with the framedrops (again...) and with some random bugs in the hairpin it was impossible to drive a clean race. How can it be that hard downshifting is a lot safer while braking than normal? Cause in normal it often lets the car react unpredictable.

12. Adam Jonas

Adam Jonas Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    Well, I'm very disappointed after yesterday's race.

Q: my laptime was good, 0.1 seconds slower than my PB, P12.
    R: decent start (nice T1 guys!), I lost one place in the beginning, then I was able to overtake until P10. First part of my race was ok, in the second part I lost sometimes concentration, Oscar & Domingo overtook me as well. 4.5 minutes before the end, I made a bad downshifts once, which resulted a damaged engine/gearbox. In the end, Erik closed the gap to me, and 2 corners before the end...total disaster! I still don't know what Erik wanted to do (I know he wanted to overtake but, there wasn't enough space for him), but aaaahh...It is UNACCEPTABLE in a series like DTM! Probably if he would try this with WTCC in a FWD car, I wouldn't be angry, but this ahh..never mind.

General stuff: I really hope that the organisers of this championship will do something with these incidents, because it's fully unacceptable and a bit funny they don't give any punishment for the offender. (Or maybe that means I can knock out anybody on the track without any penalty? :confused:)

It was second in a row race when somebody ruined my race, so right now I start thinking about not taking part in further races, because if it will happen every time, then this whole stuff is useless.

Congrats for everyone who finished this race!

P.s.: before I will be attacked: I'm not angry for Erik, I just angry for this silly mistakes, and especially for my bad luck.

13. Erik Werner

Erik Werner New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hi Adam,

I have to apologize. This was really dumb. One of my dumbest attempt ever.
    If I was you, I would be angry with me.

Regards Erik

14. Money_Den_777

Money_Den_777 Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    DTM 2015 Virtual Championship Hockenheimring Highlights (Round 08);)

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  15. Adam Jonas

Adam Jonas Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    Hey,

Don't worry, I'm not angry now, I was just angry after the race on Monday evening. The try would be good if we raced with WTCC cars by the way.

Let's try it again at the next race, so see you at Oschersleben! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Erik Werner

Erik Werner New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately we can't watch it in germany due to the rights of the GEMA.

However, the Firefox AddOn Proxtube can unlock the locked videos.
    https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/proxtube/

17. Jackthelad

Jackthelad Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    VIP's are still missing....

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Moritz Löhner

Ratings:
    +621 / 0 / -0
    And again I can´t participate because I had no time to drive and only made the 26th place. (Damned wisdom tooth operation!:()

I have a question: The Server has 24 Slots - 1 Slot for the Stream = 23 drivers
    But in the most races there are only like 16, 17 or as in the last race 18 drivers.
    Where are the other 5, 6, 7 drivers? They say yes but don´t come to the race?

19. Sascha Brandenburg

Sascha Brandenburg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 0 / -0
    The Stream doesnt needs a Slot on the Server :) The only Problem is when the Server is Full that u cannot Join as Spectator until 1 Slot is free. But when the Spectator has connected the last Slot can be use by a player :)

Last edited: Aug 14, 2015
  20. Robert Wiesenmüller

Robert Wiesenmüller Esports / Events

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    So, I qualified for that DTM race tomorrow. So I thought today, maybe lets do some practice :p But I realized, I cannot select the DTM 2015 cars in my game. And the server is on Norisring. So how can I practice?

Should I buy 2014 Experience? Is that even the same physics?