So what is your second favourite sim? (not counting R3E)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by garytc78, Jun 18, 2015.

?

So what is your favourite sim?

1. Assetto Corsa

2. rFactor 2

3. Game Stock Car Extreme

4. Project Cars

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Richard Burns Rally with RSRBR Mod sometimes...actually GTR 2 would count too, but since RRE I don't felt motivated anymore....

2. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Good ones ! I still enjoy GTR2 and still find new things to try and the fact that there's a mod for just about anything helps out.

3. Travis P

Travis P Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    Tough choice..Stock Car Extreme. The cars are sublime, the tracks are unique, updates have been free and the netcode works. Add to this the fantastic physics, FFB, tyre model and it's almost bug and glitch free which is a huge bonus nowadays.

rFactor 2 comes awfully close too - it improves on every aspect of rFactor but lacks content as of right now (especially tracks) although it's slowly getting better. Lots of great tech that ISI need to complete at some point too such as Real Road.

Assetto Corsa comes in third..love netKar Pro, love Ferrari Virtual Academy and I enjoy AC for hot lapping and the pretty visuals. FFB and physics are also great too.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
  4. Why485

Why485 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    Assetto Corsa is definitely my number 2, but for number 3 it's a very close tie between rFactor 2 and GSC. rF2 is ugly and lacks content, but its physics, FFB, and AI are excellent and my simracing benchmarks. GSC is very similar to R3E in that it's got a ton of content in the most complete package in the genre with the second best FFB and AI in the genre.

5. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    for me its:
    RBR
    Race07
    and GTR2

• Like Like x 1
  6. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    No Gran Turismo in the list? :(

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Flavourlicious

Flavourlicious Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    Uh ooh, "That's no Sim!" war incoming! :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Lol it was meant as tongue in cheek, however, I do think it deserves a little credit as a sim, it could have been a good one but, and it's a big butt, it's very hardware limited which (by popular opinion) held it back.
    As ever though, that's just my opinion. :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Flavourlicious

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    I think both Forza and GT are good games and nearing 'Sim' status as you say, it's the limitations small bugs and multiplayer problems that hold those two games back.

10. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    I can't comment on Forza, never played it. Disconnection and server reliability were the main issues for GT Multi-player though and the "fix-a-bug-create-a-bug" bug was the other big problem lol.
    By the second year of GT6, FFB and low frame rates were the final nail in the coffin for me. Shame though, if it wasn't for those problems, I'd still be playing it with most (OK, all) the mates I have.

11. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    I enjoyed GT5 (never made it to 6 as I sold my ps3 to get my dfgt). I never played forza but it looks fun. My son has a ps4 and he downloaded drive club for me to try but haven't had the time yet

12. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    I sincerely hope you can convince them to come enjoy raceroom with you! Our bunch of racers is currently split in half i think :(

13. Flavourlicious

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    Yeah Forza had the same kinda multiplayer bugs. Weird lag when you would be running 12+ players on a server and random disconnects etc. We have about 16-20 people playing Forza and now pCARS on console and when I invite them over here a lot of them say 'they don't have a good PC.'

14. The_Grunt

The_Grunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +168 / 0 / -0
    GSCE is good, but I pretty much only drive the fabulous CART mod with it. Besides R3E my other favourite sim by far is NR2003. It is still amazing with all the mods out there.

I have both AC and pCars, but I haven't launched either for a while.

• Like Like x 2
  15. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    After RBR has become worn out and after knowing each stone of the RBR stages (incl.Mod variations and new from scratch built ones) I got myself DIRT Rally Early Access though I never thought I would put my hand on a Codies Game ever again. Nevertheless they made a surprisingly good job on it so far - by doing what they should have done directly after CMR 1+2 - well it's never too late even if it took them 15 Years :D.
    They actually intending to create a Rally Simulation and after studying the Cars and Stages its very very promising. I'm impressed - their Rally titles (don't know the Dirt series) never lacked of atmosphere and fine presentation but simply of realistic challenging physics and realistic (narrow) stages you can't hammer down in fantasy times with a gamepad...hopefully they stay on that course.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
  16. moogleslam

moogleslam New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Assetto Corsa needs a lot more development in its multiplayer functionality before I'll vote for it.

How come iRacing didn't make the poll?

I'm really enjoying Project CARS & DiRT Rally at the moment, but I suspect I'll always return to iRacing.

17. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    R3e is far ahead for me.
    Dirt rally overtook Assetto Corsa on the game i want to play.

But i seriously enjoy all racing. I like em all, Mario Kart , Gran Turismo , DriveClub, NFS,

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Insaneozzy

Insaneozzy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -0
    I feel every Sim title has its strong points, same as they all have their weak points too. :)

But if I had to pick favorites, at the moment it's all about RRE, the Zakspeed Capri especially, the sound is incredible and the FFB through the CSW v2 is sublime, for me this car around Bathurst is just the best and very very immersive :D.
    My 2nd choice would have to be Dirt Rally, Ive always been fond of a little "dirt ballet" and some of the mod work that's been done to bring the FFb to life is nothing short of exceptional;).
    Next would be AC, it's brilliant, I like all aspects of this title and have amassed 427 hrs game time since installation, but just haven't had any desire to drive it in recent months :(.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. nipzon

nipzon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    My goto sim at the moment is rfactor2 with RRE sharing top spot and AC in third.

• Like Like x 1
  20. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    I appreciate the attention to detail in rf2, and I'm glad its out there as it'll be a brilliant base for the next generation of games like r3e and gsce.

But as a game I just find rf2 incredibly lacking. The physics are good, the AI is good, the ffb is good, but everything else about it is so unfinished and poor that it makes it impossible to actually enjoy. IMO, of course. Despite its shocking flaws, I find pcars more entertaining than rf2. And r3e dumps on them both

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1