News DTM 2015 Virtual Championship

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Akos Kemeny

Akos Kemeny Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Nice to hear that there are not only 20 years old simracers :) I will racing, but not with R3E. It's not a bad game, but i miss those little things.

2. Davide Toccaceli

Davide Toccaceli Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    Sad I couldn't be of the race yesterday but I had a trip booked 2 months ago.. I can't speak about the race since I didn't join, but I agree for all the tips we have given, like tyrewear and modify the start system ;) I will participate at all the races from the next one until the 15th round, then the last three I can't, because I will go to Germany to study for 6 months :D see you in Norisring! I'm looking forward to racing on Monday :)

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
  3. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,508 / 0 / -0
    Race is up on Youtube:

• Like Like x 2
  4. Adam Jonas

Adam Jonas Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    I saw the 'official' results of Monday's race, and well...let me write down some criticism, as a former league admin.

After many of us complained about the things happened on the last race, @J-F Chardon mentioned about to review the race. After this, I thought there will be any further actions about the race, but no... which, let's face the truth, it's annoying. Because that almost means you can do anything on the track then? You can overtake punching out your opponents? :confused:

I don't want to point to anybody, but I'm fully understand for example Jack Keithley, if he's a bit disappointed after Monday's race. Starting from the pole, he's been overtaken by Tim with cutting T1 - and let's face with it, this is not the way you wanted to be beaten. (Of course it can happen with anyone, but the cutting system was pretty bad this race. You could cut T1 without having a penalty, because although the game wrote you had to slow down, the kerb pushed you into the air, what the game felt you slowed down (because you can't accelerate while you are in the air), which meant no penalty in overall...)

I know it's not a small work to review these accidents/incidents from race to race, but maybe there should be a 'protest topic', and some judges who can review these things, and give the proper penalty if needed. (And before this, the championship needs proper rulebook... :) )

So, dear organizers, you should re-think this championship, because I think it's going into the wrong way! If you won't give penalties those drivers who make unfair things, the races will be more dirty from race to race, which won't lead to a good way! This championship should be about clean races, and not about dirty moves...

And yeah, let me join to the others with these fuel consumption & tyre wear stuff: I think this should make the championship and the races much more interesting...

Peace & good luck for the further events! :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Tim Heinemann

Tim Heinemann Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    Hey first of all i agree with a lot of opinions here. But also i want to tell you my perspective of that "first corner cutting overtake".

You can see in that video that i'm braking at the very last possible moment. In the braking process Jack cuts into my inner line and it gets very close. As you can I almost lost my car. So there was no room for me to stay with 2 wheels between the 2 white lines there and to avoid the collision at the same time. But on the other hand i stay with two wheels next to the curb, so i'm not completely "off the track".
    I think to cut quite minimal to avoid a collision in the first corner, which would have end in a multiple collision, is acceptable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    All I will say is that irl driver briefings would be a very quiet and lonely affair for you! :rolleyes:

7. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    hm, I can't see any situation in the video that would have been worth a penalty... Yes, Tim was on the wrong side of the white lines, but in that corner the "Ludwig-Teller" discribes the Track-Limit. It was placed there to avoid Track-Cutting and punish the driver who is driving over it. If Tim would have been a bit faster in that position to gain an advantage, the car would get unstable.

8. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    From the look of that replay the leader changed lines in the braking zone (blocking) and the guy in 2nd sent one up the inside from way too far back (dive bombing). Overly aggressive driving from both parties IMO

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. bastoner97

bastoner97 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    Guys, but "Only the 9 best results will contribute to the championship ranking" it means the time attack ranking or the races one? Because if it means also the second one i think that the championship is already close,for example; the only bad result that Tim had will be replaced on monday (we all know that) and so he will gain points. I'm not complaining against tim, i just made an example for making you understand what i'm saying

10. Adam Jonas

Adam Jonas Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    With this T1 incident I wanted to point on the bad working of the cutting system, so @Tim Heinemann I hope I didn't offend you with this example, so I'm sorry if you misunderstood me. :)

My opinion about this incident, after I watched your video: I will be honest, I only saw the broadcasting, and in it looked like you just simply cut the track. :) After this video, the situation is a little bit changed...I think both of you did a little mistake in this case: (Although I know it's pretty hard to avoid the contact in this situation, you solved it pretty good. ;) ) you braked a little bit too late, and yeah, Jack changed his line during braking...the positive stuff is there were no big contact beacuse of it.

But to be fair, this 'cut' is the smallest thing right now; the divebombs in turns which results big crashes, and not being patient enough when driving behind the opponent and the offender not being punished is the biggest problem right now I think. Because as I wrote, I've been knocked out three races in a row, and there's no penalty for anyone. (And I want to emphasize this: the problem is the lack of punishments, not that fact sometimes we make mistakes!)

And yeah, changing driving lines during the braking zones is pretty dangerous too - Thomas Kinza did the same little move against me on Red Bull Ring, and luckily there were no contacts as well.

11. The Angry Hamster

The Angry Hamster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    1) The car in second: That is an exceptionally late move into turn 1
    2) The car in first moved over into turn 1 well before the actual turn entry
    3) The car on the outside of turn 2 pinched excessively leaving no room to safely take the second turn for the inside car

Turn 1 is really a combination of both drivers doing unnecessary things and would mostly be a 'racing incident'
    Turn 2 is pretty much the outside driver's problem as he did not leave enough room on the inside for the other driver to take the corner without cutting.

12. Davide Toccaceli

Davide Toccaceli Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys, a question.. Have you received the invitation mail for the race of monday? Because I haven't received any mail when normally on friday I receive it..

13. Jan Stange

Jan Stange Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    Don' worry, same here. I didn't got anything for the moment. For sure we'll got it very soon.

• Like Like x 1
  14. bastoner97

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    Same here

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sascha Brandenburg

Sascha Brandenburg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 0 / -0
    I think that they missed it yesterday cause of the Dev Stream with Kelvin van der Linde. They got a huge preperation for that and i think that they dont forget it but had there priority yesterday to the Dev Stream :)

• Like Like x 2
  16. bastoner97

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    Still no e mail received, maybe they are watching F1 post race :D

17. Bence Bánki

Bence Bánki Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Still no invitation... :/ Am I alone with this?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Moritz Löhner

Moritz Löhner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +621 / 0 / -0
  19. bastoner97

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    I my opinion they will postpone the race, you can't organize a race in one day

20. Jay Ekkel

Jay Ekkel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    The mails have been send this morning, due to a technical issue they were stuck on the server since Friday.

Thanks to your reports of them not arriving the issue was found by our publisher, thank you!

There will be racing tonight!!

• Like Like x 2