The free content stuff

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mr_belowski, Aug 25, 2015.

1. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Been testing Crew Chief at weird times this week, which has meant joining some pickup races using the free-to-play content, and it's been a bit of a surprise.

Portimao is a decent track, and looks nice n shiny too - I expected to hate it but it's actually very good. Raceroom Raceway was the main shock. I know it gets a lot of stick for being a made up track, but it actually has quite a nice flow and some fun corners - overall I rather like it.

But the cars are a puzzling choice. The Saleen is brutal and hard to drive. The hill climb Judd is brutal and hard to drive. The prototype is fun but very unforgiving. The Aquilla is a bit weird and uncommunicative. The Silhouette is just a complete basket case - I assumed, from the way it looks, it was a 300Hp FWD touring car. But it's 500+ hp, weighs nothing and is rear wheel drive. Making it brutal and hard to drive.

They're all drivable with a bit of practice and a delicate touch but they aren't exactly accessible.

So what's with the hard to drive theme here? Wouldn't new players be more likely to stick with the game if they had one car that was a bit more approachable? Like a WTCC 2013 car?

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Flavourlicious

Flavourlicious Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    Yeah and I also feel like the physics of the free content are not as good as other content in the game. It's one of the reasons why it took so long for me to start buying content and everyone I pulled into this game was first like 'meh, physics are weird'. But after I convinced them to buy at leas one car from the newer content they were immediately sold. I feel like one of the WTCC '13 cars or something like a Mini or Clio cup car with the newest physics implemented would create a far better first impression. :)

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Jay Ekkel

Jay Ekkel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    a gigantic physics update is coming, already hinted towards by @J-F Chardon, included in that are the free content cars making them way better to race and serve better as entry cars into the game.

• Like x 8
    • Winner x 3
    • Agree x 1
    • Love it! x 1
    • Wonderful x 1
  4. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Good news :). But I still think something low(ish) powered and FWD would make for some closer wheel-to-wheel races which might get new players more excited by the game

• Agree Agree x 6
  5. Levano

Levano Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    @Jay Ekkel Awesome, could you please specify what cars or classes will be included?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Agree.

I wont stop spamming this: http://www.aquilaracingcars.com/aquila-products/synergy/ until it's in the game. It would be a guarantee for exciting and fun racing action.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    "gigantic physics update"? :hearteyes:

8. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Knowing that Jay doesn't use the word "gigantic" imprudently leaves little room for speculation really.
    I mean think about it, if they develop a new, better, awesome physics model, why would they only apply it to some classes?
    Wouldn't make sense I'd say.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Maybe because the last physics-update were class by class... but as the update for the older content stucks a bit in the last month I think there is some hope that all cars will benefit from the new update.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    You mean Like DTM 2014 or '92, or Touring Classics bop? Those were different, tweaks of the existing model.
    What's in the pipeline is something completely different.
    I'm not saying that all classes will receive the updated physics at the same time, if that was the question then I apologize for misunderstanding, but in the long run it wouldn't do the game and the users justice to keep the updates (new tyre model f.e.) from some classes.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    This needs to be in the game.

[​IMG]

Or either these:

[​IMG]

Cant imagine how fun will these cars be on Nords.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  12. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    +1
    Looks so awesome and fun, and it's not seen anywhere else! :)
    Jay, Jay, Jay, Jay! :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Levano

Levano Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  14. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +67 / 0 / -0
    ^ dat coo....

15. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    Give me the toilet enhanced version please...:p

16. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    My hope is that the formula ford will be free.
    lets introduce people the the more common stuff and go with low powered and rear wheel drive we don't want to be teaching the wrong way to drive to new players and then throwing them in a Judd.;)

• Like Like x 1