News DTM 2015 Virtual Championship

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Davide Toccaceli

Davide Toccaceli Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    I'm happy you agree with me almost everything what I think, but what I also intended and sorry because I didn't specify it before, is that if we penalize Jack in this case for the accidents, it could be right, but in the championship we have had several accidents, which haven't be penalized ( I include myself too, when I had an accident with Kuulapaa in the first corner in Norisring).. So I agree with you for a possible penalty to him, but he could also say, why other accidents during other races are not punished? I think I'm not wrong, as you are not wrong and nobody here is wrong.. It's the game system of penalties that is wrong..

• Like Like x 1
  2. bastoner97

bastoner97 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    upload_2015-9-2_21-51-49.png

Guys, why is Jack stuck at 166 points? He has got 193 points, or is it because of the "just 10 results counts" ? I said Jack because he's the only one who completed all races

3. Adam Jonas

Adam Jonas Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    Only 9 races count in the end, so that's why he has less points.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sebbl

Sebbl Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I think only 9 rounds count. This means 12+15 points are not considered. 166 + 12 + 15 would add up to 193...

This also means, that Tim only hast to win one of the remaining races to have P1 in the bag.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tim Cannon

Tim Cannon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255 / 0 / -0

:p:p

and also, what happened to @Tim Heinemann? quitting in the first minute?! was it because he wasn't gonna win? I'm sorry for suggesting that if there was a legit reason. but if it was because he got in an accident(and received damage) trying to steamroll his way back thru the back of the pack, I have no sympathy. and even if he didn't get damage there was 29 minutes left. I expect to see that online in MP, but not in an event like this.

that's some disappointing, childish behavior from some of the fastest guys(not directed at you, Willy).

congrats, @Davide Toccaceli

Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
  6. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Does anyone have the replay file from this race? (not a youtube video).

7. bastoner97

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    I do :D, i'm uploading the .vcr file now :)

8. bastoner97

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
  9. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  10. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Doin' Race Marshall now, Dave ?
    Let us know what you'd find out ;)

11. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    pitchforks at the ready...

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. RaceRoom

RaceRoom game.raceroom.com Developer

Ratings:
    +1,964 / 0 / -0
    A reminder (and solution) to everyone competing in the DTM 2015 Virtual Championship:

If you have been involved in an incident during a multiplayer race of the championship that you believe requires action from the organisers, you can report these incidents by replying to your invitation email and include a detailed report and if available a video of the incident (not mandatory), so that it can be reviewed by the organisers and take actions based on their findings.

The reviews of incidents will be done by reviewing the full replay provided by the hosting server and any other source available.

Reports need to be sent in within 24 hours after the race finish, otherwise they will not be reviewed.

We do urge you to allow for some breathing space and review the incident yourself before sending in your report. You can do this by reviewing the replay of the incident yourself and base your decision of filing a report when adrenaline has left your body.

Race incidents reviews could results in:
    • Hand out a warning to (a) driver(s)
    • Hand out a time penalties to (a) driver(s)
    • Hand out a point deduction to (a) driver(s)
    • Exclusion from race results
    • Handing out a start from the back of the grid for the following race(s)
    • No action required, it is deemed a racing incident
    • Other actions pending on the severity of the incident or repetitive behaviour
    We also like to remind you that if you are involved in an incident during the race where you have hit and disadvantaged a fellow racer, we expect you stop/slow down and let the other(s) involved in the incident regain the position on you. We ask you to do this as a show of respect and sportsmanship towards your competitors and the championship.

• Like Like x 13
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    I was going to offer my services but the organisers have it all well in hand, so I doubt my "verdict" will be required, I have studied the footage from the replay provided though, cracking race for the most part :D

• Like Like x 2
  14. Sébastien Degraeve

Sébastien Degraeve Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
  15. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    Good 2 read that. I hope that this help all drivers in the future.

And what i have read post before about the instant disconnect from T.Heinemann, i agree that this is not sportsmans like and I hope he's drivin the next races still to the end.

16. Jay Ekkel

Jay Ekkel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    I could be mistaken but after his time penalty slow down/crash in the first corner he crashed again (with someone or on his own not sure) a few corners later at the end of the first back straight, wrecked his car and was way behind the pack. not sure what was achievable from that position. But i am pretty sure if he felt there were some points to gain he would have continued.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. G.Deurwaerder

G.Deurwaerder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0

Something that you should have said from the beginning !! ;)
    :) No harm intended

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Tim Cannon

Ratings:
    +255 / 0 / -0
    Considering who we're talking about here, top 10, or even top 5 should have been possible with 29 min left.

19. Sébastien Degraeve

Sébastien Degraeve Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    *Round #5 Moscow
    After a disastrous start to the race,Tim managed to finish 9th.
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Tim Cannon

Ratings:
    +255 / 0 / -0
    well after watching the replay(thanks, @bastoner97 ), I was wrong. sorry @Tim Heinemann. I can see you did nothing wrong, and after that second incident when you went into the wall, it's very likely you had engine damage(although i'm not sure) and was justified in retiring.

the other incident, I watched jack from the chase cam. I think he was exaggerating about willy trying to run him off the road. it looks like willy just wasn't giving up his position. it didn't seem unsporting. in fact both seemed like they gave a little space to eachother.....until the spin. it didn't look like jack did it intentionally, but he did cause it, and he should have waited, IMO.

none of my business really, just calling it as I see it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1