Show your Cockpit

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Georg Ortner, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Hangon

Hangon Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    My rig..Obbuto revolution,Thrustmaster Tx,Fanatec sq shifter,Fanatec csr elite pedals,buttkickers running simvibe in chassis mode,dsd button box

(First pic w/thrustmaster shifter)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  2. rbn

rbn Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Is the Fanatec shifter a lot better then the Thrustmaster?
    Here in the EU the Fanatec stuff is a lot more expensive then Thrustmaster.

3. Cosmic

Cosmic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    The Fanatec feels better IMO and it switches between H and sequential very fast and easy through a slider on the base.
    The Thrustmaster is still a good shifter but its shifts just don't feel very good to me and I hated having to use tools to switch between H and sequential.
    I think it's worth the extra $$$, definitely the best all around shifter I've owned so far.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Jeneric

Jeneric Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    I agree. Only own the Thrustmaster shifter, but it's a right pain to change from H pattern to sequential. Now I always leave it in sequential mode.

5. Insaneozzy

Insaneozzy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -0
    Never had a Thrustmaster, and this is the 2nd Fanatec CSS-SQ Ive had, 1st one dropped the sequential centre return springs, but the replacement has the upgraded springs in it from what I understand. I cant fault it, their well made no argument there, and for the price they should be, but worth the financial outlay.

6. Hangon

Hangon Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    duke and jeneric said exactly what i was going to say :) It is alot more money,but so far I think its worth it..the haptic feedback is also nice ..i use it mainly in seq but sure is nice and quick to change when i feel like going to hshifter

7. mikey_2412

mikey_2412 Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Hi there, new to these forums and haven't been playing R3E for very long! But I'd like to share my setup for racing!

Wheel - Logitech Driving Force EX with a set of two plastic pedals
    Laptop - Stone NT310-H with upgraded RAM
    Phone - Windows Nokia Lumia 635
    Table - A large wooden one
    Chair - A wooden dining chair with a cusion.

It may be really, really basic but it gets the job done and I'm comfortable! And this is my POV:
    11911797_930613327013404_668438201_n.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  8. Jeneric

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    At the end of the day, you're doing the same as the rest of us, which is playing a great racing sim, with a wheel.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. mikey_2412

mikey_2412 Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    And what a great racing sim it is indeed! Just slowly buying the tracks and cars for a more fuller experience!
    Kudos to Sector 3!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Jeneric

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Yup, ur right. I'm sure you will enjoy the game more and more, as you purchase more circuits.

There is just something right about this sim. Been playing a lot of project cars lately, and although that may have all the bells and whistles when it comes to graphical presentation, Raceroom has it when it comes to the 'driving feel'. Plus it ain't no slouch in the graphics department either.

As you mentioned buying tracks, I think this game has the best selection out of any current title. Also, Spa is coming very soon. So that'll be another classic track available in the game.

11. mikey_2412

mikey_2412 Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I totally agree with you there, although I've never played Project CARS but I have countless videos! It is impressive but for a game that's free at first with enough content R3E has to be one of the best sims out there!
    Plus, it's the only game with all of the Group 5 cars, which are absolutely awesome!
    Sector 3 are including Spa? Can't wait for that! I bet it'll be up for the same price as Bathurst? ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Jeneric

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, no doubt it'll be up there with the higher price tracks, as it will be seen as premium content. But Bathurst and all the other circuits have been on sale at some point, so I'm sure it Spa will be discounted in some future sale. I currently have all tracks (many bought in half price sales) apart from Paul Ricard, but waiting until that circuit goes on sale, as It's not one of my favourites. However, the same cannot be said for Spa. Will be buying that at launch.

Personally, I would buy some of your favourite tracks now (or in the coming weeks/ months) and wait for a future sale to then make some big purchases. That's what I did.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    Not too relevant for R3E, but I just added a homemade handbrake to the rig. :)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
    • Creative Creative x 2
  14. Jeneric

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Very, very cool.

15. Hangon

Hangon Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Very nice.

16. maciejptx

maciejptx Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    New Rig comming on Monday or Tuesday \o/ :) :p

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. Marc Tschentscher

Marc Tschentscher Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys,

I just had the opportunity to get 3 26" Samsung flats for cheap.
    This is how it looks:

20150806_192425.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  18. Obizzz

Obizzz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    I posted some photos a few pages ago and here is a video of the rig in i action.

Or the quick version without the assembly and straight to the action in a different car:

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
  19. Obizzz

Obizzz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    Looks really nice and immersive.

Project Cars sure does look awesome. Not as good as R3E or AC to drive but the worst part is all the bugs.

20. Jeneric

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Thanks

Quite new to Project Cars. First played it just before the 3.0 update landed. I must say, I'm not finding it quite as buggy as some, but yeah, there are definitely there. Even though I enjoy P-Cars quite a lot and it can look absolutely stunning, R3E is clearly the better game.

I'm so looking forward to Spa coming to the game, even though there is a very decent version of the track in P-Cars, I'm convinced S3 will do an even better job.

I do have AC in my steam Lib, just haven't had time to give it a proper try yet.

BTW, nice video. What's the wheel and rim you're using?

Last edited: Sep 4, 2015