Dev Stream Questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by n01sname, Sep 17, 2015.

1. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Well I start the reign ;) (to be continued) :

- With upcoming Multiclass will there be a sophisticated Flagsystem ?
    - Will look-to-apex finally implemented ?
    - Is an advanced chat option for Multiplayer coming next update ?
    - Timeline DTM 15/Audi TT Cup /GTM 15 ?
    - Will there be animated pitstops (once) and getting full player control during pitstops ?
    - What about dynamic weather changes / time of day ?
    Thx ;)

Flavourlicious :
    - Will the Formula RaceRoom 1 (F1) car be pre or post 2014 spec (V6 or V8)?
    - This has been asked before, but the Ring development was in a too early state then. Have you guys decided on including the Endurance layout including the cut back to the pits, just like in GTR Evolution?
    - Will tuning be expanded in the future to add missing setup features?
    - When can we expect bigger grids in multiplayer?
    - Why do sequential shifted cars damage when autoclutch is disabled?
    - #CustomLiveries

mr_belowski :
    Will the contents of the shared memory block be expanded to include player and opponent driver data (name, position, car, car class etc), live timing data, flags (when they're implemented) and more goodies?
    - Will we get more realistic values for engine temperatures, car damage, and tyre damage?
    - Will the multiplayer server browser and in-game implementation get an overhaul?

heppsan :
    fuel (settings) and mandatory pit stops is really needed, and the most urgent to get implemented imo!!
    Are there any work done / plans to get the damage model more in depth?

DriftMachine:
    I thought the Hand Brake was gonna be re-enabled with the release of spa. So any news when it will be re-enabled?
    Thx

Max :
    Gruppe C?, V8 Supercars?, Silverstone?

Ty Duff :
    -How will the open wheel content be integrated; in RaceRoom or an open wheel 'experience'?
    -There are many single make Trofeo series around the world, any chance of one of them coming to R3E?
    -Are you looking at another experience outside of DTM, ADAC & probably WTCC anytime soon?
    -Is there currently a target region in terms of content at the moment (USA, UK, Japan, AUSTRALIA)?

shardshunt:
    In the recent sim racing magazine article you talk very briefly on the f2p model and changes you would like to make. what are some ideas your thinking of, do you want to add a "unlock system" what other options are their?

247 :
    Will an Alfa ever be ingame? (this is my primary reason for playing race pro and race 07 nowadays
    Will a tvr ever be ingame?
    Any plans of getting the web content more social? would be nice to have an integrate chat for talking with people that you haven't on steam...

Duke E. Brown :
    The Sim Racing Magazine article stated that the Silhouette class is kind of redundant now since the game has DTM.
    Since the free stuff isn't very beginner friendly, I wonder if S3 has plans to change the performance and physics of these cars to address this?

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
  2. Flavourlicious

Flavourlicious Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    - Will the Formula RaceRoom 1 (F1) car be pre or post 2014 spec (V6 or V8)?
    - This has been asked before, but the Ring development was in a too early state then. Have you guys decided on including the Endurance layout including the cut back to the pits, just like in GTR Evolution?
    - Will tuning be expanded in the future to add missing setup features?
    - When can we expect bigger grids in multiplayer?
    - Why do sequential shifted cars damage when autoclutch is disabled?
    - #CustomLiveries

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2015
  3. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    - Will the contents of the shared memory block be expanded to include player and opponent driver data (name, position, car, car class etc), live timing data, flags (when they're implemented) and more goodies?
    - Will we get more realistic values for engine temperatures, car damage, and tyre damage?
    - Will the multiplayer server browser and in-game implementation get an overhaul?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Max

Max Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    @ Flavourlicious in the last dev stream they speak over a F1 car with F1 engine and not the V6 shit!!! :D:D:D

• Like Like x 1
  5. Flavourlicious

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
  6. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Was there actually a stream announced or is this in anticipation of it being so?

7. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Exactly ;)...never too early ...

8. Flavourlicious

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    They actually said before the physics test stream that there would be a dev stream after that, so we know it's coming but not when.

9. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    S3 sooooooon syndrome, not fatal but may cause severe pain in backside, nice to have Spa to thrash round in the mean time! ;)

Just hope Spa wasn't released early to soften the blow, no no no, Spa was released early because we wouldn't shut up about it on here and they got fed up fending off the torrents of when/where/how/why questions!
    We all know what to do now, badger 'em for something else! I'll start, Silverstone I presume is one of the WTCC tracks mentioned in rag interview, any snippets on what the other is?

• Like Like x 1
  10. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    This along with fuel and mandatory pit stops is really needed, and the most urgent to get implemented imo!!
    I don't really care if we ever get animated pit, so many other things that really are important.

Don't have to be dynamic imo, something like in Race 07 would be just fine. :)

+100
    Are there any work done / plans to get the damage model more in depth?

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Flavourlicious

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    I disagree with that actually. The fun thing about rain is that it's unpredictable and that your reaction to changes are important. Do you go in to change to wet tires at the right moment or too late? Is it dry enough or will it start raining again? These dynamic features are what rain makes fun. If it's raining from start to end then it's just another race with less grip.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    You're both right.
    I agree with hepp that it would of course be the first step to get a solid working rain and wet surface model which then can be expanded into a dynamic system.

13. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    As long as it's changeable it's fine by me. (think the random wheather in Race 07 works well enough)
    I think dynamic is a bit over the top, at least for the "near" future.

14. DriftMachine

DriftMachine Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    I thought the Hand Brake was gonna be re-enabled with the release of spa. So any news when it will be re-enabled?
    Thx

15. Gerbuho

Gerbuho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    Someone, somewhere, said/wrote september for the stream, so that's two weeks max. (Or maybe I dreamt it, I can't even remember who, where or how, ha ha)

I'm hoping for Motegi.

16. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    This is fine as long as Crew Chief can let me know if it looks like rain or clearing up else could be yo yoing in and out of pits all race!

Used to love TOCA for weather but then it is Britain so mainly wet tracks with the odd one drying out, for a minute, wait for you to adopt slicks before it rains again! :D

17. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    I thought motegi too, and really like the layout. But having seen it on the wtcc highlights, its pretty dilapidated and grim

18. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    You chatterboxes ! :) ....I actually thought we will have a list of short ,determined posts with dev stream questions here :rolleyes::)

• Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2015
  19. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Nah, you'll just have to keep the first post updated with the relevant ones ;)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Max

Max Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    gruppe C?

V8 Supercars?

Silverstone?