English ESR

Discussion in 'Leagues & Communities' started by ::SKRO::, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Gerbuho

Gerbuho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    My opinion:

I was surprised to know penalties were disabled and I love the idea of having them on (not only in one track). When they're on we all can rely on the system, learn how it works and adapt to it. I'd rather appeal to gents for not pushing others out than to always respect track limits.

So for me it's a yes, always.

Edit: Sorry MeMoTs, we were writing at the same time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    @Öberg I'm skeptical as well in regards of cut track penalties, that's why I wanted to omit them from the start. There are a few tracks however that are very risky and in the heat of the moment one can be tempted to use them (even slightly).
    If I don't recall wrong tho, penalty kicks in if one is found faulty not just at the first time it occurs, but only if he does the same infraction at least two (or more) times?
    That means that we can attempt overtakes and such, but having in mind that we have cut penalties, we ll then be on the lookout for the right time to attempt them.
    btw... RBR's potential overtaking turns are T1, T2, T3 and T8. ;-)

@Marco Conti your idea is nice but originally I decided to go with multiple selectiom so everyone wouldn't have been forced to buy a specific livery to run in the champ... Also, I do like to see some car variety on track and, talking for myself, I play without the tags on cars so seeing a block of same cars would disorient me :)
    I do have already kind of learned what car is who... Bmw 5 shards, yours is the deutsch post, lazo is red 23,Nance is the stallion, sean is the shark, Khan is on the green vette and so forth... ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Insaneozzy

Insaneozzy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -0
    I'm all for Drive through penalties, they force ALL drivers to think twice before doing silly things that might cost them or someone else several positions, or even a podium.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Problem is afaik, you`ll get a penalty after cutting track three times in a row within one lap - with slow down, if you have to take a wider/narrow line for some reasons you can compensate it by lifting throttle a bit and returning to track also in a wide line but if you
    are forced by crash or some stupid action you have to make a drivethru no matter what (even when totally innocent) so its always delicate under the momentary premises....:(

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. ::SKRO::

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Delicate indeed... but it's not that we're getting three off-road only avoidable accidents in a single lap (I hope so!!). So if this three time warnings window work as it should we might consider it a decent margin to be relatively safe in it?

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Assuming you're all Gentlemen drivers - of course :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. ::SKRO::

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    We sure are!
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  8. Tim Cannon

Tim Cannon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255 / 0 / -0
    glad you got my good side....thats me sitting down, 2nd from the right

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Mike Demers

Mike Demers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    I should be able to make it this week - fire up your recorders, I can do worse stuff all on my own!!.......I should be able to add to the lowlight reels!!!:D:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. James Nance

James Nance Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 0 / -0
    Im on the practice server for 30 mins if anyone wants to join or work on setups maybe.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Yevgeny Lazorenko

Yevgeny Lazorenko Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +793 / 0 / -0

• Like Like x 1
  12. James Nance

Ratings:
    +301 / 0 / -0
    Heres Race 2 from Suzuka from my view.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. N.Pach

N.Pach Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    I won't be able to make it this week .... Good Luck to all ! :)

I ll see you guys in Germany! :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  14. chrisnj

chrisnj Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0
    This was real nice to watch. Near perfect driving. Plenty of gentleman driver examples. He navigates all that traffic without causing a single issue. Tons of passes in the safe passing areas and backed off in unsafe spots. Great video Nance, and great job.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Insaneozzy

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -0
    I understand that there is a grey area in how the game calls penalties, and that it's extremely "unforgiving" for the simplest of errors:confused:, I personally "hate with a passion" that aspect of the game:mad:.
    But seeing as we're all "gentleman drivers";) then there should be no reason why it cant work, IMO the problems are a result of the fact there "is no penalties" o_O.
    In real motorsport
    your penalised for doing the wrong thing, whether it be corner cutting, exceeding track limits or making a badly judged overtake. Sure we all do these breaches in the races, so there's no real harm, but it's actually condoning bad habits, habits that I'd rather not see in sim racing. Even though I hate the unforgiving nature of the games race rules, they keep us honest.
    We can only hope S3 make improvements to this area of the sim in the very near future to resolve this problem , maybe an avalanche of post's in the appropriate thread is in order, to maybe hasten things along:D

As far as accidents go we all agree, the game is very limited in it's judgment, but this doesn't mean "we have to be", and as many have stated prior on the subject, just because a small gap opens up, doesn't mean it's an invitation. Patience is a strong characteristic in only the best race drivers.
    I believe that if we where in real race cars worth thousands of dollars each, we would be less willing to make those "risky" or "half hearted lunges" at gaps we know "could slam shut". Personally I don't understand the urgency, It only takes a lap to see if the guy in front is weak in a particular sector or corner, once you understand his weak zone, setup a safe pass. Don't just push/barge through at the next corner because your a bit quicker in a straight line, or because there is no repercussions for an accident that may result from your eagerness to advance, that is not the act of a "gentleman driver".

Sorry, got carried away again :oops::rolleyes::p

Agreed, a "1st class" visual tutorial in race etiquette, showing exactly how it's done. We could all take a leaf from the @James Nance book of race-craft ;).

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  16. James Nance

Ratings:
    +301 / 0 / -0
    Thanks. Just wanted to show how to play the field, patience and seizing the right moments. I feel the next race will be just as close and again with incidents but definitely some good racing.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Not sure why but the practice server was off.
    It's on again.

Don't hesitate to ping me on steam if you notice it down. Or want a second one with different options

• Like Like x 2
  18. Insaneozzy

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -0
    Will keep that in mind @MeMotS, It dropped out when I was on last night just after midnight west Ozzy time, probably couldn't handle my blistering pace..............................................ROFL;):p:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Yevgeny Lazorenko

Yevgeny Lazorenko Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +793 / 0 / -0
  20. Bobby Edge

Bobby Edge Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Managed to finally dip into the 1:27s, still not very confident in that setup for tire wear. Thankfully there is time to make adjustments.

• Like Like x 1