English ESR

Discussion in 'Leagues & Communities' started by ::SKRO::, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Gerbuho

Gerbuho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    Please consider to establish a specific pace speed for formation lap. In my experience it helps a lot (in addition with things like not braking). It's a formation lap after all, patience is needed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    womans weekly for the recipes.

• Like Like x 2
  3. James Nance

James Nance Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 0 / -0
    Typically we would have a safety or pace car for these situations but for now we must rely on the leading car to do that.

Tiny idea on starts

• Like Like x 1
  4. James Nance

Ratings:
    +301 / 0 / -0
    This is how we should be forming up

• Like Like x 1
  5. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Fixed for you

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. ::SKRO::

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    2.6 Manual Mechanics *IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ THIS!*
    - Manual Formation Lap: Pole will dictate the speed (2nd/3rd gear possibly)

That part is covered but my brain was clouded by meatballs at that time on Nurbur...

7. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    @::SKRO:: note that next week the event is scheduled 1 hour after the start of the bathurst 1000. good luck getting any drivers.

8. ::SKRO::

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    AAAAAAAAH!
    Mmmh... Easy win for me then? Who-hoo!

9. ::SKRO::

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    His steering wheel is the size of a 56" TV monitor

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. James Nance

Ratings:
    +301 / 0 / -0
    I think we get that, but its how we actually form up.When I lead the warm up lap, all I see is a single file line of cars behind me. When we do Race 2 I get beside the car in front of me, and every race start I've been able to gain a position on the start because of it. #1. Lets do the warm up lap at a decent calm speed no higher than 3rd or 4th gear, that way no one should go off track or fall behind.#2. Please maintain a close gap to the car in front of you, its really annoying when you fall back 5 car lengths and I have to sit there and watch the rest of the field get away. #3. No brake checking prior to going green, sure warm up the brakes during the lap, but as you come around to the start/finish straight, no backing off or slowing of speed, that's a no no, only going to get you rear ended. #4. Most of all remember, when your approaching the first turn, its going to stack up full of cars, so be wise to brake early or even coast to the first corner, don't be a hero.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Gerbuho

Gerbuho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    Well, 2nd or 3rd and "possibly", don't sound too specific to me. ;) I still think it opens possibilities to mess.

12. heyokay

heyokay Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Just did a few test laps around Zolder... HOLY BUMPS BATMAN.

13. James Nance

Ratings:
    +301 / 0 / -0
    Typically in real life race control will tell who ever is leading not to go over a certain RPM, but to make it easier to understand here its ideal to start in 2nd or 3rd gear. Its respectful to crawl to the start line to allow everyone in the back to close up, so that everyone has an equal chance to stay close with out the leaders taking off. Every race series that does rolling starts has there own rules or gentlemens agreement on how they should be condoned. Some guys are assholes and jump the gun once they come out of the last corner, while everyone else is negotiating the corner. Others keep it nice and tidy and wait for the lights to go green or the flag to be waved. Its up the other drivers behind to anticipate and get the jump. Right now we are a little poor in these areas but this is our first try at a season and is to be expected.

• Like Like x 2
  14. ::SKRO::

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    @Marco Conti, @Bobby Edge, @Öberg, @Caledonian Wolf, @heppsan, @heyokay, @Insaneozzy, @N.Pach, @Mike Demers, @Genghiz Kahn, @Stiggy, @Lazorenko Yevgeny, @Tim Cannon, @TodlichesKraut, @John Galus

Sorry to bug you guys (couldn't use a PM cause Conversation allows only 5 members... bleh)
    I just wanted to tell you that I've sent you an invitation to ESR Champ Channel which basically is another Steam Group but it's gonna be exclusively used for this Champ only.
    You'll be kicked automatically once the Champ is done so you won't have another useless group in your Steam Group page (if you want to participate to future champs you'll be sent a new invitation to the same group).
    Please accept then the invitation so next Round we'll just join the Group Chat there instead of having people not receiving my invitations and having me losing mental sanity beforehand... :astonished:
    Thx everyone!

• Like Like x 5
  15. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Try being in the RUF

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    YEah, I don't know when I did the formation lap as the lead in Suzuka if I did it right at all. If I did do wrong it wasn't intentional...never thought I would be running the lead on a formation lap

A question I had is, when can I step on the gas as a driver who is typically many cars behind the leader? I thought it was as soon as the leader crosses the line, we can go. I did that in Race one last night, and passed someone before the start line(I was the second last car), but I wanted to make sure that I was doing that correctly. Basically I don't want to do anything unsporting.

17. N.Pach

N.Pach Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    Happened to me also in Race #2.... we all came around the last turn before start/ finish line and everyone started braking to a stop.... then someone passed me ... then everyone started moving.... was very confusing but again a learning expeirence none the less.

Or as James would say " YOUR MOM is a learning expereince" :eek:

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. James Nance

Ratings:
    +301 / 0 / -0
    I taught your moms a lot of stuff, that was a learning experience

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. James Nance

Ratings:
    +301 / 0 / -0