Bug Qualy: Time measurement stops 17-18s before the session is over

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by GeW, Oct 9, 2015.

1. GeW

GeW Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Hallo.

We encountered a problem, that the time measurement as well as the timing of the tv-style overlay stops some seconds before the Qualifying session officially stops.
    Although there are 17 or 18 seconds to go, no lap times were accepted anymore.

We encountered this bug only in our qualy with the length of 5 minutes.
    In our 20 minutes qualifying, the time measurement stops 1 second after the session is over.

Thank you for fixing this!!

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
  2. Hannes Wallstedt

Hannes Wallstedt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

Does this occur in all Qualifying sessions across both single player and multiplayer?
    Can anyone else in here confirm this bug?

3. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    I can confirm that I had noticed the same several times, but I unfortunatly don't remember the session-Details. Most of the Time it was in 10min Quali-Sessions (as most sessions using that setting - for sure).

4. GeW

GeW Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I can only refer to multiplayer, as i have not tried single player yet. (German Racers WTCC league)

5. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Ah - yeah... I've can only speak from Multiplayer.
    Maybe it has something todo with the short lag that appears when a new player joins the session? Something like Servertime moves on, but time for the player stops during the lag.

6. Hannes Wallstedt

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    So what exactly happens? When you notice that laps stop being counted, can you continue making further laps or does the AI take over and drive you into the pits?

I'm wondering if this could just be a sync issue between the displayed remaining time on the client side and the actual remaining time on the server side.

7. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Here an example what happens when the problem appears:
    you are just driving your qualifing-laps. When the session has just a few seconds to go, but you made it to finish the lap before the session-Time ends, the lap-Time will not be recorded.

8. Hannes Wallstedt

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    Ok, thanks.
    We'll look into it.