DTM 2015 I am sad and disgusted and you ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AMG Vilas ®™, Oct 21, 2015.

?

what do you think

1. happy

51 vote(s)
    86.4%
  2. unhappy

8 vote(s)
    13.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    I am paying way more than twice the price. Euro is 5 times more than the currency I make my money in where it used to be less than that.

Not everyone make their money in Euros to begin with and its ridiculous to assume everyone is.

2. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    The cheaper it gets, the more people will play. It can work both ways.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Nigel Fox

Nigel Fox Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    I must admit that I'm not in a rush to buy the Experience either. $12 for some liveries seems a bit much, and after starting one of the DTM Experiences a few weeks ago, the tediousness and rules made me hop right out to the single player race maker.

I suppose I'm being overly recalcitrant about ten dollars or so, but after spending about $200 on RaceRoom, I feel like I'm at the mercy of people (Raceroom Entertainment) enamored with the iRenting finance model. :p Oh, I'll probably get it, but I don't know... $12 for a couple dozen liveries...

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. bigkevracer

bigkevracer Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Sector 3 pour their heart and soul into developing this game for us and I think they do an awesome job.
    They are a business and deserve to make a living out of what they do ...so good on them.
    I bet they spend hours working on this game so lets support them ..and don't forget they provide servers for us all to to get together and race...that can't be cheap..

Keep up the good work guys is all I can say..

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  5. 247

247 Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    I was too not so happy at the start cause 11€ for some liveries seemed quite high to me...but at the end it's an hobby that has 3 annual packs I'm interested the most (DTM, Wtcc and Adac) that cost about 35/40€ per year with occasionally other purchase (eg Macau or the mustang gt3 and the ruf gtx when they were on sale) and talking about a simulator I always get 3 kind of play since cars are handling quite differently between classes (talking about DTM, Gran touring and touring cars)...there are people out there who spend 80€ a year to have almost the same football or F1 game with just updated seasons (no blame on them obviously...everybody spend their money the way they like :) ) so at the end I think it's almost a fair price and anyway we knew what we were getting...and above all 11 vrp are about 10/12 days of coffee here were I live (shame on me I don't drink coffee so I have nothing to cut :p )

6. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
  7. Cheeseman

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    It is still expensive even with 33% discount, especially other games can be obtained at regional pricing. At the current pricing, I could only afford to buy individual separate content on sales and probably top up my vRP once per year.

8. AMG Vilas ®™

AMG Vilas ®™ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    again I not talking about money this is not my concern the money, I mean have the same car the same e DTM 2104 track.
    DTM 2016 that will be the same thing?

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. 2Lame2Aime

2Lame2Aime Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    They used nearly the same cars in real life this year to save "development money". They also had the same curcuits in their calander so again: What did you expect to get from DTM 2015? At least you can hope for DTM2016 where they get new cars in real life I think. Also if you write a letter to one of the DTM managers, maybe they put a new curcuit into the season

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
  10. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Have to agree with other's, DTM15 is just a update and nothing else, never really understood why S3 have done 3 seasons of this, to me I find it a boring series in real life, wish they had invested in a better series, good example would be the V8's, find it hard to believe no developer has even headed in that directions yet.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. 2Lame2Aime

2Lame2Aime Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    They have the license for it so why shouldn't they do it? Fifa didn't change for years and EA takes 50€s every year for a small update. DTM is the more popular series in europe where I think the most costumers come from. Also I never watched a V8 Superdupercars race , I'm not interest in it and would be very disapointed if R3E had it instead of DTM :D :p

Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
  12. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Well - thats all about personal preferences... Others love DTM (well, I'm not, but thats another story ;) )
    FIFA, NHL, NBA, F1, Battlefield, Call of Duty and alot more... all of these games have every year a new release, costs full price and aren't more than an update to the previous Version - but every year they are under the Top-Selling games.

I'm sure that S3s would love to do other series, but it needs Licenses and partners to do so...

yepp - right... the DTM 2015 hasn't much visually changed from the DTM2014 and they raced on the same tracks. Next year Mercedes will race with the new C-Coupé C63. Not sure if Audi will build an RS5 of the new Street-Version for the 2016-Season. The Streetcar will be presented in the end of 2016.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Cheeseman

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    At least for DTM 2016, you'll get a new car for Mercedes Benz.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It is how annualized sports series work, you dont get drastic changes every year. Not every year you see massive changes. Definitely aint going to buy this pack because I really see little reason to do so. Instead, the 2016 one will be day 1 for me.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Sure... maybe. But how long would you run a business at a loss hoping you can sell enough units some time down the track?

We want this game to be realistic. We want S3 to spend a lot of time getting the physics just right. Realistic means that this game is hard. If its hard that puts people off... fewer players mean that those that that do play have to pay more. We'd be pretty cranky if they went all arcade on us in the next update to boost sales! :eek:

I take your point though and it must be one hell of a balancing act for S3.;)

Having said all that I agree it does seem a lot for what is largely an update (although a good one)...

15. Revvin

Revvin Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    If anyone is sad and disgusted then simply don't buy it, nobody is forcing you to buy it, its just a piece of optional content and what's more you can clearly see what's available on the store page before you buy it. If you don't feel that's its value for money then don't buy it but the poll suggests the overwhelming majority are happy. Its no surprise to see the usual suspects moaning about pricing once again, perhaps if they spent more time here talking up R3E instead of talking about other sims then visitors to this forum might be more inclined to hang around and get involved instead of this constant negativity. Thankfully the poll results show that the few posters who post the same gripes about pricing ad nauseam are very much in the minority.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    What they should of done with the DTM series is just update, so turn 13 into 14, 14 into 15, so you have the series only appear once in the game but update with the present physics/tracks/liveries and models, what is the point in having the same series in a game 3 times (its called the codies effect) none what so ever, as for pricing that doesn't bother me, if the content intrest me then I will purchase, and polls mean jack, people use polls to hype their own opinions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    As DTM are only silhouette they can doo what they want :)
    There's no physical link between Street car and their DTM version .. only the look of it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. AzkarateAsi

AzkarateAsi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    Can someone go to the store ot R3E and see id the all prototipes and silouete series are free?
    Because im whatching them free

19. le_poilu

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    DMD P20 and Canhard R52 are the only I see free

EDIT: NO wait stop, if I look unlogged to the store all silhouettes and prototypes are free :flushed:

20. le_poilu

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    For it say "already bought"

Should ask for a refund :eek: