Triple Monitor

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lino Carreira, Oct 11, 2015.

1. uodyne

uodyne New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    And I give to "Agree" o_O not least simulator for not having "multiview". It is that a simulator should give importance to "multiview" by the type of users. R3E is a simulator, for me. The physics, FFB, etc. It is most important, but also immersion.

2. paulinhot

paulinhot Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    Since the latest update I get an odd thing with my triple screen set up. Whilst in the menus all 3 screens work, but the left one is blank, and I can only see the mouse pointer, but in game it's fine. Random, but I will try out your fov settings and see what they do.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    I do not have triple screen ... yet. What are the differences between R3E and a sim that fully supports triple screen?

4. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    Outside Monitors not stretched but im falling in love with r3es imersion.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Well Ac does it well, Its processing each screen individually and its really easy to setup the right viewing angle. Basically it makes setting up the right viewing angle very easy.
    R3e does not have that and stretch a single screen on 3 monitor. Its usable but not great.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
  6. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    Yes ac does a rly great Job with the triple screen. I hope r3e follow them but its okay for me

7. Xandreela

Xandreela Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Agreed, we really need a triple screen support... Furthermore I'll say we need triple screen support with different resolutions.
    Some of us have one 21/9 with two 16/9 or a big screen with two others placed vertically.
    Only iRacing support it (I did not find the way to do it with different resolutions in Assetto Corsa).

Anyway... I enjoy the game, but I'll enjoy it better with a really triple screen support without using SoftTH, which is not perfect :)

Edit : I found a way to use triple screen correctly on AC

Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
  8. Erwan960

Erwan960 Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    • Informative Informative x 2
  9. Incrediclint

Incrediclint New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Stopped by hoping to find some mention of triple monitor support progress. Le Sigh. Is there a dev blog or anything of the sort for sector 3?

10. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ahh

i just bought a LG 29in widescreen 2560 x 1080 ultrawide monitor. I love the in cockpit view very immersing. But the UI stretched to the right side only, bit weird.

11. Glen Kabis

Glen Kabis Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +199 / 0 / -0
    Can you post some screenshots? Sounds like a bug.

12. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    I actually just went from 3x24" to a single 40". I was going to do portrait-lanscape-portrait eyefinity with the two leftover 24", but that does not really work, so i tried out just the 40" with the 24" sides disabled.

End result is i'm preferring the single 40" to the 3x24 for a few reasons...
    1. It's easier to setup a matching FOV where it feels like your G27 wheel is inside the cockpit on the screen - the size matches
    2. as a result, the world feels lifesize and it's easier to see details
    3. My r9 290x is now plenty for any game, no pining over $600 980ti all the time on ebay. i was done with xfire awhile ago
    4. I have trackir now too, so that really helps (much better than facetrack)

I do miss having that peripheral view of triples, and when i get more room in a new house, i will be buying 2 more 40" monitors, but for now i am really digging the bigger single screen - they are cheap now too - scored the new 40" for $250!

• Like Like x 1
  13. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    looks like the same problem (left screen black) like triple-screen-users...

15. glass141

glass141 New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    hopefully soon we come to support triple rendering..

• Like Like x 1
  16. Jeneric

Jeneric Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Glad to hear that your planning on going triple 40 inch screen. As you might remember, I've been rocking a 3 x 40inch screen setup for some time now and find it an incredibly immersive experience. Totally recommend it. Just remember, if you're not planning on buying a triple monitor stand, you're going to need a lot of desk space.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0

Nice setup. And I agree, big screens really add to the immersion. I went from 23" screens to 32" screens and the difference is mega, pretty my entire peripheral vision is filled which really creates a sense of movement, and everything is more life-size which makes it all feel more real. I remember the first time a car pulled alongside in my side monitor, it was so big that it was almost frightening, and I loved it. My bigger screens were a downgrade in resolution (only 720) but the increased immersion makes up for it. Though, I have reached the point where I'm seriously considering upgrading because I know a 1080p/120hz experience would be a pretty big improvement to my current 720p/60hz situation. Xmas is coming soon, maybe Santa will hook me up. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Tempted to ask for the same. He was vague about VR - think his elves are still struggling to make it work.

Actually, who am I kidding. Santa can't even be arsed to bring trollies that fit me. I'd have more luck asking for a helicopter or a solid gold house than 3x 40 inch screens :(

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Jeneric

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Yup Brandon - I know exactly what you mean. Racing feels more dangerous and intimidating when the cars you're attempting to overtake feel live size. My screens are 1080p but are limited to 60hz. Would be nice to have 120hz options, but love the extra screen real estate my TV's give over smaller monitors.

Regarding upgrading, go on treat yourself, it's what Xmas is for.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Jeneric

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Haha - yeah I don't think Santa is very tech savvy