Released 20-10-2015 RaceRoom has been updated

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Sonat Ozturk, Oct 20, 2015.

1. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    @itsmedavetn Should be coming at some point. Expect them to be in some upcoming competitions first, which is the reason they were pushed to public game in the first place ;)

• Like Like x 3
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  2. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
  3. Eugen Sechel

Eugen Sechel Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I've been getting that for quite a while on the last corner of Nurburgring and other curbs. Also Hockenheim. Not exactly crippling, but annoying for sure. What CPU are you using? Mine's an old Athlon X2 and I'm guessing this is the issue for me.

Also, forgot to write last night since I was too happy that it worked. Upon reinstalling the game AND doing a scan with Steam (which found one missing file) I could get into the game. :D

4. JyriK

JyriK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Really liking the updated physics. Here's hoping that Gr.5 cars, especially Fabcar, gets the same treatment.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    He J-F Chardon, will there be a pack for all the GTR3 content with all cars and liveries? I prefer getting all the new GTR3 content in a pack than separately.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. JyriK

JyriK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Ditto. Waiting for a pack.

7. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
  8. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    No downshift prevention for Silhouette Series and Prototype Series cars

Bug or on purpose???

9. Tobias Schröder

Tobias Schröder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0 / -0
    I would suggest it's a bug... When I played Silhouette Series yesterday there was downshift prevention.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    silhoette have it...prototypes not because they have a sequential stick without autocutoff and autobip

11. 247

247 Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    using an Intel Pentium dual core...i know it's quite old but before the update problem wasn't there so I wonder if it's a bug or something the devs could look at...i mean...losing 25 fps in a second it's quite strange...especially if the problem wasn't there before...

12. SylverFyre

SylverFyre Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0
    Regarding the curbs fps drops, maybe the new physics contain some code that is heavily taxing on older CPUs when it calculates suspension or tyre physics in that circumstance? Just a guess of course

13. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    I dont think so cause i run on a less then min spec machine and i get a stable 40-50 frames 90% of the time irrelevant of track, situation or # of ai (within reason). might be about new shadows? can you turn them off to see if it helps just for a test.

14. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    I get slowdown when I touch another car. My system is a i5 4690k so I wouldn't expect it to be struggling

15. 247

247 Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    i already know that and the only solution at the moment is turning damage off...anyway i might imagine that damage could be heavier to calculate on a dual core so i'm fine with it :) (and anyway microlag it has been always there since the introduction of mechanical damage)...the problem is that this thing with curbs wasn't there before the update and even if not so noticeable it happen even with other cars where i can loss almost 20 fps (eg 29/30>10 and on dtm 2015 cars is like 29/30>4/5 fps)...and is not happening with every curbs but just few of them...i even noticed other than hockeneim that i had a little slowdown in monza that wasn't there before...i will check shadows setting but if the new update didn't change something they are already turned off...thx for the suggestions anyway :)

Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
  16. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    what curb in particular is worst? (and in what car excluding dtm15 i want to see if this is a game issue or just you)

17. mrSweSin

mrSweSin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    why are not all livery's available on rr servers? i have paid for them and wont to use them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. 247

247 Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    try the one in the middle (just after the first esses and before entring the final part of the track)...there is even another one but can't remember which...probably the first one... tryied with the silhouette car and having drops anyway... :)

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
  19. Orisa

Orisa Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    A fantastic update.
    The new GT3 physics like it very much. Just like the new skins. The AI now seems better because it also makes mistakes again.

Is there already something new to the Bug that leaves an always start from last place after being driven a qualification?

20. 247

247 Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    So just had a few test around hockeneim and these are the results...

GTX : no loss of fps
    Chevy Daytona : no loss of fps
    Silhouette : no loss of fps (and this is strange anyway because I had it with this car)
    Adac 2014 : a little loss of fps
    Dtm 2015 : huge loss of fps especially in the middle when the game became totally unplayable for the fraction I hit that curb...
    Did forgot to try with dtm 2014...will testi it tomorrow...

What's bothering me is that the game runs even smoother with latest update but I'm having these problems here and there I didn't have before...that's a shame cause I'm really enjoying this update :)