Does RRe's purchase to update put you....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MsportDan, Oct 26, 2015.

?

Has RRes business model put you off buying anymore?

1. Yes - price

4 vote(s)
    6.0%
  2. Yes - not enough content/updates

3 vote(s)
    4.5%
  3. No - im happy with this model

24 vote(s)
    35.8%
  4. No - but would like to see lower price

12 vote(s)
    17.9%
  5. No - but would like to see more ccontent/updates

18 vote(s)
    26.9%
  6. Yes - both price and content/updates

6 vote(s)
    9.0%
  1. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    In real the entry cost is zero....ZERO! And sometime it is possible to compete in classes we don't own Some guys are comparing the cost with AC or PC ect, but you should compare with IR because R3E is the europen IR but less cost and more features, AI is one...it's few mounth I made the subscription tu this forum and my first impression is always the same: many people don't really know how this game is structured and sold.
    a loyalty discount? In tha page where vRP are sold they could add 20000 vRP for 100euros

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    You could also buy AC, PCARS & SCE for about €100 on Steam.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    I've bought most everything and would LOVE a loyalty discount. Heck even a 10 percent discount off the regular discount for release week would be awesome.(AC does this by giving a bit a of a discount for their dream packs for the first few days). The latest patch is proof that developers are listening. Folks wanted more free cars, we got those. Folks wanted the ability to choose a livery instead of being stuck with a default one and then having to purchase the livery they wanted, we now have that ability. The free cars drive far better than before and are a much better introduction to the game.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Ouvert

Ouvert Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    Nah iR is all about MP and community...and you don't wanna be compared with iR when it is about racing online :) r3e mp is still much in beta phase... For me it is not that much issue as i prefer r3e for sp and challenges but r3e is not going against iR yet...

5. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    The cost is zero if you are fine with 7 cars and 3 tracks with everything(arguably better content) locked out from the game. I will not call that cost of entry to be zero.

AC and pcars are still racing games, since when R3E gets free pass because the model is different? I dont care it is iRacing or GSCE but if it is a game about racing cars, then, it is a fair comparison. As it stands, R3E is undeniably a more expensive game than other games in the market.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    so, how much cars and tracks would you like to have for free for call it "free entry"? can you play with AC or PC or RF2 for free? have they a demo, what restrictions are in these demos?
    ok, I am not a collector of games, I buy only those I think to use very much after reading forums, atm I am not interested in AC RF2 and PC so I could reverte my money on R3E ;), I like to simulate real championship in offline mode and this game, (with also gsc and ft) gives me this possibilities, I am not interested so much in online races but I am aware I have to sustein all the cost behind servers and organization of events (that's why I compare this game to IR) in this game, but I am not disappointed

7. Ouvert

Ouvert Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    Also if i should make my opinion about r3e strictly based on free content I would never buy anything...luckily somebody had good idea to include free test for any content. They could also offer one free testing lap on any track..so we don't have to test those tracks in other sims

8. Cheeseman

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    That is why I said, what makes R3E different from other games? Essentially you still need to pay money for the content you want in a different model. There is always a barrier of entry with a one time payment of the content to access a content forever. Isnt it the same with other games, other than iRacing?

Most games these days go on sale on a regular basis that made the initial cost of buying them even lower which in turn, it made R3E even more expensive.

Just because you can drive the excellent Silhouettes, it doesnt mean the game does not have a barrier of entry. It isnt a exactly a free to play.

9. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    i think people always have an issue with two words

Want
    Need

its free to play the free content .... so you can play it
    if i want to walk down a road its free ;
    if i want to cycle then i have to buy one

the game is free to play
    you dont have to pay to play
    you do however have to pay for content you want .... want isnt a need
    so its free to play

Andi

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
  10. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I don't agree to this.
    If you buy 7500 or 10000 bundled vRP's you can easily match the content you'll get in R3E with the competitors.
    And you can't really compare the price of R3E with other games as a whole, R3E is more like 10 other racing games in one.
    And you don't have to buy a new one every other year.;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Cheeseman

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    Even with 7500 and 10,000 vRP, the game is still considerably more expensive than other games because I am still getting less content out of it compared to a $60 game. In the mean time, other games generally tend to go on sale very often which I almost never bought any of them at full price. R3E rarely goes on sale for most of it's content while even with 30% off, it is still considerably more expensive than a DLC in other games.

I wont say R3E is 10 games in 1 because it isnt the only game that features multiple types of vehicles. They might not have the official license but different class of vehicles are equally as unique as different class in R3E. They might have a portion of car list that are road cars but a 1 Series M isnt the same car as a Huayra in terms of visual and it's driving characteristic. I do not really like mods in general, some games also offer modding support where there will be an occasional mod vehicle that is on par with official content which offer more value for the game's purchase.

In the mean time, I am not buying a new copy of other games every year. Most of them have sequels at least 1-2 years apart where even when they do have a new game, I could still obtain the new game less than $60 for a brand new game. I have access to regional pricing where it just made R3E content seemed even more expensive as I am paying in Euros. With my country's currency continuing to fall, R3E just gets more and more expensive as time goes by. It might be cheap for you, R3E is incredibly expensive for me that I am getting less and less reasons to buy more content due to the high pricing and rather obnoxious always online system.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    my first answer was for this you wrote "It is a great game but it is always a difficult recommend due to high cost of entry."
    also a demo, if it goes online, is a free entry in a game.
    probably we have different meanings for "free" and "entry level", ohh never mind

13. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i agree with the "always online" system, drives me mad, click a button - wait - click a button - wait.

its bit annoying for a 2015 game.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. 247

247 Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    perfectly agree...i often have connection problems and i can't play the game...that's a shame... :p