UPDATE after UPDATE after UPDATE, but...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kris_peeters, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    I must agree with you, unfortunately it is often the case.

What one can do is run our hotlapping and practice online . If you are lucky , someone will join you. If more people do like this the chance is that we find a race with a combination of car / track that suits .

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    Oh, I was only speaking about the steering rotation, which the newest build of GSCE now does (and it's a godsend, I love it). I don't know anything about the visual wheel, I haven't had that on my screen since the Gran Turismo days. There is a separate setting for it in GSCE though, where you adjust your FFB and such, but don't know if it automatically adjusts now.

3. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    In GSCE now I have to use different logitech profilers ( with different rotations) for kart, formulas and touring and every time adjust the visual rotation in the game controller setup, it's the famous row "Steering Wheel Range=" " // Degrees of rotation of in-game steering wheel" of the controller.ini file in rfactor, that in GSCE is editable directly by in game. With the next update it seems all will be automatically, and I hope R3E will follow the same patch....even if I understand you can't care at all because you dont' use the visible steering wheel in game ;)

4. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0

Are you really sure it's about visual wheel in SCe ?
    I know about automatic streeing wheel angle that come in SCe (I baked for it and I access to the beta), but never saw anything about the visual wheel

And about R3E: If you set the visual wheel to the max range of your actual wheel (say 900° ) doesn't it fit even when car use 540° ?

5. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    In GSCE "steering wheel range" setting is relative to the visual rotation, in fact, when I change logi profiler from 540 degrees to 360, then in game I have to change that option otherwise the wheels, in my hands and those in the monitor, don't match.
    with the incoming update, if setting "enable custom steering range" to zero, that option has no more effect, so I suppose it will be all automatic depending on the car we choose

In R3E, the rotation of the wheel in our hands depends on what there is setting in the setup of the car, but the visual rotation of the wheel in the game depends on a generic parameter in the generic option of the game, so I'm looking forward R3E will change the visual rotation according to the parameter in the setup of the car.....as GSCE I seem it will do in the next update...

6. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    jeeeeep! just tried the new GSCE build...I launch it without logi profiler, as I do with R3E, and automatically it adjust both wheels (in hands and in monitor) at the right values

7. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Wow, I'm kinda ashamed to to come from the same country as you. Are you serious? Which one sim offers a REALISTIC damage model? And please, for the sake of your own credibility, don't say iracing...

or AC...

or PC...

Even if any sim had REALISTIC damage, do you honestly think it would prevent people from wrecking?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    BeamNG Drive, but the driving isnt very good yet.I have high hopes for 5 years time when this kind of system might be plausable in a sim.

but no, it will never prevent wreaks, damage isnt a good enough consequence to stop rammers.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Right, Beam's probably the closest to reality when it comes to visual and mechanical damage, a shame we probably won't see anything as good in any racing sim (in the near future).
    But that's exactly the point, if someone wants to annoy people he doesn't care about the consequences. Car wrecked > join next server...

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    in many ways that's one of World of tanks strong points if you wreak your tank you still need to wait for the battle to end before you can drive it again. I wonder how a system like that would go down in raceroom?

11. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    It's an interesting sollution, but I can't imagine people being overly happy about being blocked from other servers for up to an hour (if shit hits the fan right at the start of a 1h race f.e.)... ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Just a question (lol, i'm new to this and i have some):

- Will this game have weather and real road (just like in rF2).

Thanks!

13. 247

247 Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Don't know what you mean by real road but yes it will have weather later sometimes :)

14. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I mean the rubbered line drivers use most. That line has more grip than the outside lines, just like in real life :)

15. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    In the long run rain/wet track will be introduced eventually. If that will be dynamic... no one knows, but we all do hope so.

Dynamic track hasn't been adressed publicly afaIk. For me another 'would be neat but isn't that important' feature because I think the effect is negligible in most rl series and vastly exaggerated in rf2.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    This is already the case, it's just not that visible, but certain areas of the track have different grip levels. Not dynamic as in rf2 of course, but

• Like Like x 2
  17. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    No it's not, believe me, from my experience in karts, as the track rubbers up over a session (2 or 3 hours for example) your times get quicker around 4/5 seconds. It really makes difference, and it's huge...

I didn't know track already has more grip, let's say, in the usual line, but that's good news for sure. In fact i've already "feel" that but just thought, "no it's just my brain fooling me" :D

18. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Your feeling didn't fool you. ;)

It's just my pov and of course rubber build up does make a difference, but if you compare laptimes in WTCC or DTM or GTM or most of the other series over a weekend, laptimes barely improve.
    This is caused by several factors I think.
    - No rl track is mint. When a race is held there's already some rubber and the build up isn't infinite. Tracks get cleaned but this happens once a year maybe and even then not all rubber can be removed.
    - The gain produced by build up isn't infinite, at some point a max gain is reached.
    - Most races aren't even long enough to have a significant (additional) build up (<=1h races).
    - There are much more influencial factors like track and tyre temperature, humidity and so on.

That's why I think dynamic track would be a nice perk, but it's not that crucial and if introduced should be rather subtle.
    For my taste it's way too strong in rf2. (Admittedly I'm not that experienced, just had some fun spins at a mate's, but it felt way too strong)

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
  19. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Well, despite i understand your POV, it's clear that it has an effect, and you can allways choose to start green and improve, i don't mind having something basic on this, because it feels weird to me when a track has the same grip on line or on the edges, doesn't feel correct got it?

Thanks for your answers ;)