Question Need Clarification RE: GTR3 vs ADAC 2014 Cars

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by R.C. Collins, Nov 10, 2015.

1. R.C. Collins

R.C. Collins Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Hi all,

Is there a difference in the physics? I own the ADAC 2014 Pack. Is there any reason I should be getting the GTR3 cars or are they essentially the same thing? They are all listed as GT3.

I've read too many conflicting descriptions. Anyone have a simple answer?

Thank you.

2. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Physics are the same but car can be different because of BoP (Balance of Performance).

If you don't own GTR3 car yet maybe wait a little bit, the GTR3 pack is .... soon ... to be release.

3. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    They're not quite the same thing. They use the same version of the physics and tyre model so are both the latest 'stuff', they're both GT3 class cars and handle more or less identically, but there are some (very) small performance differences between them. The game treats them as separate classes, so a multiplayer server with only GT3 cars won't let you on with with an ADAC 2014 car.

I think it's worth considering buying a single GT3 car in your case, so you're not left out of GT3 online races. It should be very cheap if you already own the ADAC 2014 version of that car

4. R.C. Collins

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Thank you.

So, I'm assuming the 'new' GTR3 Pack will be the 'new' physics that has been discussed?

5. le_poilu

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0

New physics alread apply to existing GTR3 content ;)

But there will be new cars (most of them from ADAC series, going to the GTR3 class aswell ) and new liveries

6. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    all the gtr3 cars have the new physics so any pack of them would too

[edit] bah, ninja'ed :)

7. The Monk

The Monk Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    The GT3 class got a physics update in the last patch a couple of weeks back and unless I have missed something that should have been the "new physics" That has already been applied to that class, as well as the ADAC stuff.

The GTR3 pack should be more akin to the current GTR2 pack, where all cars can be bought as a pack, with all loveries etc, which I do not believe you can currently do with GTR3.

edit gah ninja'd twice

8. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    They do have the new physics

9. R.C. Collins

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    I think you get all liveries unless I'm missing something. If you go to the store, select GTR3, Add all to cart does not seem to work. Add one and it will ask you which livery but then if you click on that car in your Cart, all the additional liveries are not prices as extras but rather shown as included.

Right now they are all discounted heavily so I don't again follow what's coming that could be more, different or better at this price.

These transactions get confusing some time and I'm fairly good a weighing all the options then comparing to vRP vs outright purchases etc.

10. le_poilu

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0

I can't test because I already own all the cars.

But: since last update when you buy a car you can choose the livery you want that come with. Before, you had the default one and you needed to buy an extra livery if you didn't like it.
    Maybe the "buy all" button wasn't updated to be aware of the new "default livery selection" you have when buying a single car.

11. The Monk

The Monk Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    GTR3? No I did not get all liveries on the cars that I bought, in fact I had to buy the skin for the Maclaren I wanted the other night. i assume that when this class is released as a proper pack, as per GTR2, all liveries will be included, then I guess I can pick them all up at discounted price, since I really only need the Alpina out of that class (unless they add more to the class) I don't mind so much since I will likely only ever use 1 or 2 liveries per car.

12. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    yeah a gtr3 pack has still not been announced...maybe x-mas? A bit off though, since the new liveries and cars are in the game.

13. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    well - we'll see... maybe the Bentley will be added to a potential GTR3-Pack, too. That could be the reason that we still have no confirmation.

14. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    I thought that was for ADAC 15?

15. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    It is definitely for ADAC15. But as you can see now in SP-GTR3-Races the cars (not liveries) that are available in the ADAC-Classes are now racing in GTR3, too.
    The plan is to make all GT3-Cars available in the GTR3-Class and the Bentley would be another GT3-car - so it could be a reason.

• Agree Agree x 1