Released 20-10-2015 RaceRoom has been updated

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Sonat Ozturk, Oct 20, 2015.

1. 247

247 Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Hi there...just noticed that I have the same problem when hitting curbs in the second esses in raceroom raceway (bridge configuration, should test other ones) with silhouette cars...right now I have installed on my pc r3e, race 07, warframe and dark fall 2 (who is obviously not power demanding) and the only one I have issues with is r3e...i even had grid autosport installed last week and even with X4 antialiasing (with low details of course) runs better than r3e and I have no slowdown at all other than some microlag in night races (which anyway is due by the fact grid in night races is very graphically demanding) .

2. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    i know its not a great thing to say , but you are running under the minimum specs for this game in all honesty ; so you will get some slow downs and glitches occasionally
    A NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 has these specs
    i know its no great help but just thought id say

Andi

System Requirements

• MINIMUM:
      • Processor Dual core at 2.4 GHz or AMD equivalent
      • Memory:4 GB
      • Graphics:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 or AMD equivalent
      • DirectX®:9.0c
      • Hard Drive:15 GB HD space
      • Sound DirectX compatible
      • Other Requirements:Broadband Internet connection

• RECOMMENDED:
      • Processor:Quad-core AMD or Intel at 2.4 GHz
      • Memory:8 GB
      • Graphics:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 2.0 GB Video Card or AMD equivalent

3. 247

247 Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    I perfeclty know I'm running on lower hardware so I'm fine for example if the game is struggling to get 30 fps and I'm most always on 25, I'm fine when microlag occur with contacts...my point is that that huge slowdown that you see on my video wasn't there before latest update...that's why I'm reporting it here...maybe it's something devs could fix (since it wasn't there before)...by the way on latest update hockeneim was reported as optimized and is the track i am getting lowest performances (oh and anyway minimium ram requirements was 3gb earlier...did they change it?) :)

Last edited: Nov 18, 2021
  4. Eugen Sechel

Eugen Sechel Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    My gfx card is under minimum spec too. I finally managed (I think) to fix my problem. This is what I did:

I had serious stutters when:
    - hitting certain curbs (a lot of them) - all cars, especially GTR3
    - making contact with other cars
    - joining games with 20+ cars (the game would sometimes crawl begging for mercy)

When driving alone on the track I had no issues, save for stuttering (but less) on curbs.

Game detail levels are set to near minimum, I only have contact shadows and some track textures to anything except low I think. Oh and skidmarks some other things, but mostly just kept it to low. My gfx card is an Nvidia GT 440 (I hope I remember well) and my CPU was an Athlon X2 4850e (dual-core). I noticed the CPU was used near 100% during gameplay and even in the menus, so I replaced it with an Intel Core 2 Duo E8200 (dual-core) and also replaced the motherboard (since my CPU was now on another socket) with a better one. I also added one more GB of RAM so now I have 7.

I overclocked the E8200 to 3 GHz last night and tried RaceRoom again. Same race as last week when I had huge performance issues. It ran flawlessly, even over the curbs and while touching other cars. Now I just have to make sure the CPU gets proper cooling :D .

I think that most probably the CPU speed is the issue here, possibly the motherboard, but not sure. Try pausing the game and switching to Task Manager to see your CPU usage. Also, if you can borrow another, quicker CPU that would fit on your motherboard, you could try testing with that. Don't rush into buying another one until you are sure. If you do decide to overclock, PLEASE make sure to read a few tutorials and understand how it works and also monitor stability and CPU temperature afterwards.

MP me if you want me to send some link that helped me and of course let us know how this goes. Hope this helps :)

P.S.: Yes, I think they changed the minimum requirements and I'm not too happy about that. If they add weather we're all screwed :)

5. 247

247 Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    unfortunately i cannot upgrade my system...i have a laptop and even if i have the technical skills required i cannot find any upgraded component for my laptop but just same parts of what i already have...anyway thx for your suggestions :)

6. Macaquinho

Macaquinho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +219 / 0 / -0
    I noticed that there are some GTR 3 liveries missing at the shop. For example the white KW livery (Alpina B6), #12 Yaco Camaro and second Tungram Racing BMW Z4. What happend to them?

7. Konta-Robi

Konta-Robi Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
  8. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Hopefully we get an updated 3D-model someday. Just for having a visual difference between the GT2-spec RUF and the GT3-spec RUF. Perhaps different air intakes in the hood or different rear wing or front wing or flaps.:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  9. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0

Solids rumors said that the EA-Porsche deal come at it's end next year. We may have more than just a remodel of a Ruf :p

10. Macaquinho

Macaquinho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +219 / 0 / -0
    You guys have labeled the MAOAM Corvette as "Calloway"... seems wrong -> Callaway

Edit: Nice additions btw ;)

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2015
  11. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Even I as a non-religious person can only say "Let us pray". :D;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2015
  12. XXVI Sol

XXVI Sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    Im disappointed with the silhouette update,used to be one of my favourite classes because of their untamed character the beastly engines and the lively back end.U say that now they have more realistic specs,this does not compute for imaginery cars.
    If you needed some entry level cars u should introduce some and not castrate the existing ones.
    awesome sound though ,keep up the otherwise great job

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    I disagree and agree.
    I actually like the new Silhouette, Very fun car to drive.
    But i do agree that its way tamer now. Is is a bad thing ? Maybe for some but for me i prefer a car that feels good than a car that is wild and no fun. ( not saying it wasn't fun previously but not a car that stood out for me )

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    i like the new silhouettes but id really like the old ones back as well. i even brought one of the old silhouettes because i wanted an na version. it feels like they have taken my money and now i don't have the car i brought anymore.

15. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    they are immaginery cars but are so similar to a Audi A1, and anyway the body is a modern DTM like, so I think the physic is better now. If I want a car with a lively back end I choose another car....mustang, DTM 92 or.....G5...etc

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    I do enjoy a lively back end

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  17. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    I agree, and I find them very lively when pushed to the edge with settings that make them more nervous to drive, but different maybe from before yes. I think they are little more forgiving but I think that suit this model better.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    When I read this, seeing you've got time for putting a sticker to a car :
    Where is Look-to-Apex, (damn ! :D)...??