Are you damn serious raceroom?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tarik Userli, Nov 25, 2015.

?

How you think about that offer?

Poll closed Dec 9, 2015.
  1. Ok, take my money

27.7%
  2. Whats with a offer for dudes who have still the content

31.9%
  3. Who cares?

23.4%
  4. Go home, you're drunk!

17.0%
  1. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    I am all for the sale they are having, its great and overdue.

In saying that I wish there was a way to also give a little discount to the guys who have spent a lot of money on this game for some of the newer content that is coming out...That has really only ever been my issue with the model. an extra 10% here or there goes a long way and is a gesture...after DTM 2013, 2014, 2015....16 etc...

How that could be calculated/figured out...who knows. :)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    So what they are giving away 500 copies for cheap. Hopefully it will bring in lots of new mp racers. And if were lucky, some of them might even be able to drive. I'm glad they are actively marketing it. Or stop whining about empty lobbies.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Spoken like a man. Apologizes and moves on.

I see your point in feeling a little bent over, but as has been said it happens with everything. BUy someting, and surely tomorrow it will be cheaper elsewhere. It doesn't bother me, as i'm the one that can't click "buy" fast enough when they release something. Why? Because the game is so good that i'm a fan, and i buy anything they release- they've earned it out of me.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Sean Lander

Sean Lander Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    Yes it would be nice if there was a "Season Pass" for people who purchased more than $100 worth of content.

Strange that they have such a big discount before any new content arrives that we haven't already bought.

No doubt the sale will end just before the next experience or pack arrives.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. XXVI Sol

XXVI Sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    so if you cant have it then nobody should?? sorry m8 but this is petty.
    imo its a good way to lure new players even though id prefer there was a pernament starter pack with that price and a good collection of cars,one or two of each class,and some tracks

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    I try to look on the bright side: There aren't enough people playing this sim due to various reasons and this special deal bypasses most of those issues in one swoop, and the price is very reasonable so hopefully this will bring several hundred new players onboard, and hopefully some of them start populating the servers so we can have some good racing. And hopefully this gives the boys a nice infusion of cash to put back into development. I've already paid my money and I have no regrets about that, but I do regret that there aren't more people playing and this deal should at least somewhat rectify that and make all of our investment a little more worthwhile.

• Agree Agree x 6
  7. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Totally agree with the "more multiplayer participants" angle. I don't care if they give away 1000 "everything" packs if it packs the servers. I've said before, that free content weekend was a blast! (partially because there was alot of noobs and i felt like a better driver for a day or two)

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Thomas Cameron

Thomas Cameron Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    I really hope all 500 are taken,it can only help the player base of this ace sim.

Well done sector 3 and r3e

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. matteman

matteman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    I am a 100% content owner and as others have posted, paid full price at time of release. FuK i even buy skins and cars that i have never used. Do i feel cheated or ripped off, No not at all, and here's why.:eek:
    Total cost of all S3 RR content, divided by, The number of hours played, minus, the number of hours yet to be played =
    FuK All per hour.:confused:
    And that doesn't account for the satisfaction and enjoyment component that owning and racing this great Sim bring me. ;)
    Also if 500 new members tell 500 of their mates, and so on and so forth S3 raise more funds and we all get a better Sim with more features and content as a result. right?o_O
    Sounds like good business to me. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Chris Wright

Chris Wright Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Have all the content too and, to be honest, I would rather have enjoyed watching this sim develop than being late to the party as the lucky 500 will be. If it stimulates interest in the title that can only be a good thing.

• Agree Agree x 6
  11. Nigel Fox

Nigel Fox Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    I hate to say this, but I do. Well, burned a little. I spent close to $215 or more on this stuff, don't have every skin, but have almost all of it. The thought that I could have purchased everything for $100 US or so doesn't make me happy. :oops:

I'm all for the sales, even something as dirt cheap as this one, but it would be very nice for those of us who practically emptied our wallets for S3 to be shown a little favor. Like Gold Member status or something for us, and offered discounts on unpurchased content. Black Friday deals for everything would sure be a nice move. As it is, I'm feeling a pretty tight financial pinch these holidays, so I'm going to PM one of the team before I buy so much as a GTR-3 RUF, Ford GT or skin to see if a package deal is coming. If not, I might not spend any more money till next year. Sorry, but this is a lot of money to be asking more of some of us.

• Agree Agree x 6
  12. matteman

matteman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    +1
    Fair and good point!
    That would be a good marketing strategy to cement some brand loyalty for sure.
    New customers + Strong brand loyalty = growth + sustainability.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
  13. Sayjimwoo

Sayjimwoo Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I own everything, including all liveries. I would say 40% of everything I bought was on sale. The rest I coughed up full price on release so I have spent quite a bit of money.
    I do think it is great that they are making an offer like this available to bring in new players and I know early adopters pay higher prices for newer dlc....
    ....but it is the loyal fanbase who have paid the higher prices that have helped the development of this game and get it where it is today. Without us there would be no game or roadmap for the continued development. It would be just nice for the rest of us to be shown some appreciation.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. Nigel Fox

Nigel Fox Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Just as a quick off topic, I think it would be nice if the board could be changed so that a Like, Agree, Love It, Wonderful or Winner would increase a member's rating. When I want to boost a person's rating, I wish I could use more than a "Like" to do it. Sometimes it seems weird to Like a post that doesn't sound all that positive. :p

• Like Like x 2
  15. Alex Bonner

Alex Bonner Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    It's a great offer for those that have been asking for it. I own a lot of content already so it don't work for me. €50 all in is a great deal.