Problem AI - Bathurst - GT3 Class

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by AMarkham40, Aug 10, 2015.

1. AMarkham40

AMarkham40 Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    I've tried running a few GTR3 class races at Bathurst & the AI always end up crashing between Turns 21 & 22 killing the race. Not sure if this has been looked at or not.
    [​IMG]

2. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    Can confirm this happens for ADAC 2013 masters aswell, the BMW Z4's either JUST safe a slide (drift, slow down to 20kmh and then race on again) or just spin out completely.
    As far as I went in my testing it's only the BMW Z4 on here, but it happens 90% of the laps.

3. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    also some cars in other classes break before the kink(t20) but then do not break early enough after the kink and run off turn 21

Also yor map has no idea about the names it called forrest's elbow the dipper
    [​IMG]
    I wish there was a version without the straights that went from forrests to griffins cause thats the fun bit of the track

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Gerbuho

Gerbuho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    That version would make it a "fun track". Is the combination of that rollercoaster with the fast straights that makes it a "great circuit". ;)

5. Nathan M

Nathan M New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I mentioned this some time ago but there wasn't any action, hopefully it can be corrected?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. AMarkham40

AMarkham40 Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Just wanted to bump this thread. Still having the same issues with the AI at Bathurst with the GT3 cars. Pretty much impossible to enjoy a race due to this. Is there a fix in the works yet?

7. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Must say, this small issue does prevent a lot more enjoyment of this circuit, it's too easy to pass there at the moment.

8. Art_Vandelay

Art_Vandelay Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, this has been raised a number of times over the past year or so, to no avail. Which is pretty disappointing -- it pretty much ruins an otherwise great track. Can't have a decent race with the AI on this track, and there are almost never any multiplayer races on Bathurst (and when I've tried creating my own, few seem interested in driving it).

It's almost as if the AI think they have a little more track to work with than they do. They tend to run just a hair wide into Turn 21, get a wheel into the grass and lose control. It seems like they just need to move their brake point up a foot or two, and I think that would solve it. Happens every race, almost every single lap, with every series and difficulty level I've tried it with. I can't imagine that this would be a difficult problem to fix, and yet it remains. Hopefully one of these days it'll finally get sorted.

9. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  10. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Does this code update fix that though? Isn't the bathurst issue one of AI pathing or whatever it's called, rather than general behaviour?

11. Marko Hartikainen

Marko Hartikainen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Going to fix it now so it gets included for the upcoming patch!

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  12. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
  13. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Very.

Awaiting new AIW requests in 3..... 2.... 1....

14. AMarkham40

AMarkham40 Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Thank you!!!!!!!!

15. nipzon

nipzon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
  16. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Any chance of a little tweak to the Monza chicane lines too? The GTR3 classes in particular are using too much curb and flipping over

17. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Not sure whether it's the lines or the curbs that should/will be changed. I understand why we have the unrealistic ones, but I think we could leave A.I. as it is if those ridiculous curbs would be removed, as they have been irl.

• Agree Agree x 1