Released Chang International Circuit aka Buriram

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, Oct 29, 2015.

1. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    So if the client requests a wiggly bit through an old Baseball stadium he should refuse?
    Hands well and truly tied unfortunately as there are examples (in part, maybe!) of innovative, testing corners, just be nice to have them all thrown into one or two tracks.
    Still think it's a great coup for S3!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    I now get a glimpse why Jay Ekkel said (before he left) that R3E will become "epic" recently(confiming my early impression that S3 is taking another route than AC or PC in terms of "synergy" between virtual and real racing by developing new features and content for their game;) ) .....just hope time will tell then...:eek:

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. paulinhot

paulinhot Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    That's a nice looking track, and also a very nice looking "Rob Huff 2015 wtcc Lada Sport Rosneft" ;)

4. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    I notice from the release on the first post, there's actually very little mention of Raceroom getting (m)any other tracks from this collaboration. Can I assume that's just my natural cynicism and that there are others planned in the works? Either way, I'm happy for this track and for the collaboration that, I assume, is a good deal for you guys (and well deserved, with the best track artists in sim racing).

• Like Like x 1
  5. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    Congratulations to all involved with this initiative.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    Exactly. I hate most of the tracks with his name attached to them, but I also realize that he's only building the tracks to his customer's specifications and can't really be held fully responsible if the track turns out dull and boring. It's like people bashing Pirelli for making crap F1 tires.......they were hired to make crap F1 tires and that's exactly what they do. They're capable of making excellent tires, but this particular customer wants the tires to be crap so that's what Pirelli gives them. It's not like they were hired to make excellent, long lasting tires and then showed up with rubbish.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Nockitsch is back

Nockitsch is back Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Puh, one more of those boring modern race tracks i couldn't care less about :eek: Would be nice if you also could add something like Road Atlanta, the longer version of Brands Hatch or a new nice fantasy track for those of us that are not fan of huge asphalt run-out areas, thx.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. SimREVS

SimREVS Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Great News, looking forward to it :)

9. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    As a WTCC partner you need all WTCC tracks, that's for sure. But I don't really like these kind of tracks too. We don't need new fantasy tracks. We need new tracks with real history, please. Like you said, for example: Road Atlanta, Road America, Imola, Le Mans, … What's up with Silverstone? o_O

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
  10. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Urgh, would much rather have this or any other Tilke circuit than modern Silverstone. Or did he/they do that one too?

Road Atlanta is top of my 'wanted' list, so I can't argue with you there, but glad to have a mix of unknown (to me) and classic tracks. With Nurburgring also on the way that balance is being continued nicely.

Having WTCC circuits is a nice goal, but being realistic the WTCC are changing circuits every year faster than any developer could build them!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    When S3S announced they had gotten Shanghai, I didn't care for the track and wasn't looking forward to it, but that changed when I drove it. I think they'll work their magic on Chang and it will be a lot of fun. My #1 is Road America. It's my favorite track in any sim to drive. I hope we see it someday.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. jayblue

jayblue Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Personally i am quite excited to drive the Chang circuit. The WTCC races at the weekend were pretty good and there are some very fast challenging corners thrown in for good measure. The second race was run almost under cover of darkness too, wonder if dynamic day night cycle could work well here?

I hate the tarmac run off areas but lets face it other than street circuits they now feature on most modern circuits and that fact is unlikely to change any time soon, so most circuits that are signed will be the same.

13. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Here's the list of all tracks they've been working on: http://www.tilke.de/de/projekte/rennstrecken.html
    Wondering if we could have something as unique as Mercedes Arena, for 1vs 1 (mp) races f.e.:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  14. Jack Mitchell

Jack Mitchell Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    This is the longest Sector3 'Soon' they've ever had.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    They're constantly working on improving every aspect, even the soon duration. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Jan Stange

Jan Stange Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    Hello, will it still be available this week?

17. Lars Bachmann

Lars Bachmann Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    this or next week I guess. It's already in the game...

• Creative Creative x 1
  18. Gerson Malty

Gerson Malty Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    The track it available in dedicated servers, maybe it will be available very soon!

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  19. KW Studios

KW Studios Official Information Developer

Ratings:
    +1,503 / 0 / -0
    It's out now. Enjoy!

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    WTCC 15!Audio is from Tom Coronel's onboard lap so he calls mistakes that dont happen in the ingame video.So,this means that our Christmas gift for this year is Formula Raceroom,right?