Bug Logitech Profiler

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by mclarenteam, Nov 26, 2015.

1. mclarenteam

mclarenteam New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    From last update cant launch game via Logitech Driver Setup for Logitech DFGT. The game just not starts, also cant manage /change ffb for game within Profiler.

2. mclarenteam

mclarenteam New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    check it, it still cant start from logitech profiler

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Jacques Boucher

Jacques Boucher New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have DFGT and no problem to launch R3E with profiler. Try to edit the link between your profiler and the R3E .exe Launcher

4. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    There is no need of logi profiler because anyway the game has to take the control over it for to adjust automatically the steering rotation by cars

5. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Ah, the Logitech junk software - a terrible piece, known to have deep-rooting compatability-issues with Windows since 2010 or even 2008, or whenever it was released, I once learned via Google. But Logitech never cared to fix them. Good hardware, lousy software. And terriblly designed user interface, too. LOUSY.

Its so different for people.

I cannot reliably run Raceroom with Logitech Profiler. When havign started the game, I need to go to desktop and swithc it off, for it automatically gets started when I launch Raceroom. With Logitehc on, some hardware elements do not get recognised in the game. Then in the agme I need to do the two-red-buttons-one-black-button trick, and then all is fine.

With OMSI and Eurotruck2 ad Dirt, I also need to run WITHOUT Profiler.

However, for AC it does not work without the profiler, there I NEED TO USE it.

Note that the Windows joystick menu for Logitech wheels gets overwritten by Logitech once you install the Logitech software (and you need to install it, else you lose one pedal and I think several buttons, Windows does not fully recognise it all). Even if you deinstall the profiler, you still are left with the new "Windows" Logitech joystick callibration screen.

Try whether you have access to all buttons in Raceroom if not using Profiler, and manually launch Raceroom. If you can map them all, the better for oyu, skip the Profiler then. Check from mainscreen that the desktop has not automatically launched the Profiler, if it does, switch it off. Do the button-combo, remap your controls in game menues, and play.

The G27 wheel is good hardware for the money, but the software is an impertinence - since 6 years now, and tested by my under three different installations on two different systems.

My reference for profiliung software, both in functikjanlity and ergonomy, is the way the CH Gear manager does things. Simple. Self-explanatory. Not microscopically small. Easy to access. Quite complex in setting up higher functions, if one wants. Working reliable. Logitech should take lessons from CH.

6. mclarenteam

mclarenteam New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    But Im dont get it, earlier its working fine, but for now, by clicking through profiler is no reaction. Ive just reinstall the game and the same... But other games like pCARS or AC working fine....What I should to do?

7. Exxon

Exxon Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Hello Skybird I translate your contribution with Google unfortunately comes as only crap out at.
    Can you tell me please explain again what you exactly meant by the Profiler? What to consider and what you have to do with it in RRE are no problems with the G27.
    Namely I have a feeling that the FFB off and changed during the G27.
    Thank you.:(

8. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Hm. I just explain again how things are for me. Using a G27 myself.

The wheel does not have its third pedal axis recognised if you do not install Logitech drivers for it, you must install these, and usually do that by installing the Logitch Profiler. That is that little tool with black background and miniature display of all its buttons and axis where you can program, as general setting or per game, what keyboard press you want to be set for what button.

Usually, in all my games, this piece does not get autoloaded when I launch the game. It also gets not autoloaded when booting Windows, I do not want that.

Raceroom is the only game in use here where for some reason the Profiler gets automatically activated when I manually launch Raceroom. It should not be like this, not when you have not programmed a dedicated game profile that then gets automatically loaded. I never have done a dedicated profile for Raceroom in Profiler, so this is complete mystery to me. For Assetto, I need to manually launch Profile and start Assetto from it, I need the keyboard programming functionality for Assetto, but that is another story that is not relevant here.

Point is, Profiler gets activated by Raceroom, but I do not want it to be active in Raceroom. Therefore:

When the main menu appeared and Raceroom is finished with loading up, go back to desktop and check whether in taskbar in the bottom right corner there is an icon for Logitech Profiler being running. If so, get rid of it there, switch it off. Go back to the game. You then should see that the wheel is locked to just 180° wheel rotation now (turn it, you should feel a softblock from the motors at 90° off centre at any direction). To unlock the full 900°, on the shifter unit PRESS and HOLD the third red button, the second red button and then of the four black buttons: the lowest black button at the bottom of the arrangement. 3rd red, 2nd red, lowest black at the bottom. Press and Hold. - Its a hardware code inbuild into the wheel's hardware, you can set one of four preset rotation limits by activating the function by the two red buttons, and then choosing the desired wheel rotation by the black buttons. The low black botton switches to 900°, the other 3 black buttons have tighter limits, you can try it.

I need to switch off Profiler for Raceroom, for with Profiler on the hardware works erratical in Raceroom. (For Assetto, I need it running, I use it to program those keyboard commands to the buttons that Kunos for totally unknown reasons decided to not offer for remapping in the game menu - very stupid decision of theirs, I cannot understand that).

In the game menu, you then can remap all of the wheels' buttons to the desired functions, and callibrate the axis. Once done, and done forever.

Its a bit queer, but I am not the only one for which it works this way. Its worth to check out whether this cures your problem for you.

Clearer now? ;) :)

Last edited: Dec 8, 2015
  9. Exxon

Exxon Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    ;)Hello Skybird thanks for the info. I will test times even though I did not understand anything because the Google translator is not really good