Pit Crew Communications

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ::SKRO::, Mar 4, 2015.

1. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Back in the days when I used to have a 20+GB GTR2 folder due to mods installed, I had a mod* in there which overhauled the in-game communications given by the pit chief.
    *Name of the mod was TTR Pit Chief Teddie - GTR2 Sound Mod by Teddie Tapawan

It was spectacular.

Here are a few examples I still have on my HD.

I seriously and strongly hope that devs will take care of this aspect in R3E in future updates cause when I think about comms I think about what Voice Attack could bring to the table.

For those who doesn't know, VA is a software that recognizes stuff you say and translate it into commands (keys and mouse actions). It's basically a voice-controlled Macro system.

I just can't stop drooling when I think that I'll be in my VR world (LOL) and that I can... well... might ask directly to my pit chief what's the status of my aero, pit in request, my current position, receiving updates about yellow flags, penalties and other stuff like this.

Don't know you guys think but to me this would be great and will help a ton to fall even more deeply into VR.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. James Nance

James Nance Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 0 / -0
    I WANTS

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Thomas Friedrich

Thomas Friedrich Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    I like the idea of asking my crew chief about damage, laps, position etc. or get infos about yellow/blue flags, penalties and so on. This will bring more immersion to the whole experience... perhaps something like this is already on S3's schedule... somewhere deep, deep down on the priority list.:)

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Yeah for sure this doesn't fall in the top tier priority list but I really hope it'll be taken in consideration when all the MAJOR things will have been released and ruled out

5. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Didn't even know that Mod existed SKRO :eek: and I had a lot of GTR2 Modstuff on my hd.....brilliant..as Thomas said before..

GIMME !!

• Like Like x 1
  6. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    Absolutely.... Get it in there. That would be the mutts nuts for pit commands.

7. Gregor

Gregor Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. townnet

townnet Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Before do this features S3S should implement flag system first.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. MaXyM

MaXyM Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Voice recognition seems to be nice gadget, but IMO not so practical at the end.
    Instead of this I would rather see virtual spotter implemented. I really would like to see at least something which could compete with spotter plugin for rFactor.

10. GroovyMotion

GroovyMotion Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    I like that idea, we need pit crew communications!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Would love it, BUT please get a GOOD voice and multiple ways of saying the same thing!!!! So like 4 or 5 ways saying yellow flag in sector 1 etc... as opposed to just one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. MaXyM

MaXyM Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    yep.. spotter plugin for rf has possibility to record up to 20 recordings for single message.
    To me it's unbeaten spotter feature ever

13. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    Never heard it, but I can't stand the IRacing one. It's okay regarding damage and fuel but when it just won't shut up 'car on your inside.... Hold your line..
    .clear' and repeat..! Back to what the OP was talking about, being able to request pit, and say whether you want to fix, change driver, tyres, fuel etc instead of having do it via a keyboard is excellent.

14. Dans

Dans New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This was one of my favourite features from GTR2, to me it just helped with the immersion (that and having full yellow cautions with pace car). I would absolutely love to have this in RaceRoom sometime in the future.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Kjell Eilertsen

Kjell Eilertsen Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Bump for justice! This needs more attention :p
    I think this can be implemented pretty "easily".
    First off, we need a spotter/crew chief added at all, regardless of the rest of the features mentioned in my post I think this is needed in the game.
    Now, if you hit the "request pit" button, the crew chief should reply something like "copy that" or "we're getting ready" etc.
    You simply use the Voice Attack program to trigger the "request pit" button, and voila, you're "talking to your crew chief".
    Now add in a few more keybinds for things like getting weather info read to you, laptimes, how old your tires are etc and you're set, people who don't use Voice Attack can bind it to a key, those who do can pretend race even more! :p

• Like Like x 3
  16. Anthony Monteil

Anthony Monteil KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    This is in project for quite a long time. But like for many other features, it will have to wait until we have the time to work on it.
    It's definitely on the radar though ;)

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Kjell Eilertsen

Kjell Eilertsen Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    AWESOME!
    I'll just add another idea on top here then :p
    The ability to change pit strategies using keybinds and/or chat commands like in iRacing.
    That way I can use Voice Command to tell the pitcrew to "fill it up and 4 new tires but no repairs" and have them respond accordingly without having to fiddle with the pitmenu.
    See here for examples on how it works in iRacing;
    http://www.redlightleague.com/articles/using-macros

• Like Like x 2
  18. ViperNo23

ViperNo23 Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    God, I'd live something like this - some communication in the session get's me even more into the sim every time :)
    What does the radar say to it today, Anthony? Are there any news to it?

19. Anthony Monteil

Anthony Monteil KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    I can't give a precise delay, but we started to look into it and hopefully it should be in before the end of this year. We'll keep you updated on that ;)

• Like Like x 3
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. ViperNo23

ViperNo23 Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Thx for the heads up - that's sweet ;-)