Get rid of this

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rschlierer, Jan 8, 2016.

1. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    You only get back what you put into life chap, calm down, take a chill pill and compose a list of your hardware (Logitech notoriously temperamental) lots of helpful 15 year olds (and some a tad older) that would happily get you up and running, no problem is terminal, just some need a bit of caressing but if one is intent on cutting one's nose off, it's a free world (for most)!

2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Honestly mate, what did you expect to achieve with a post like your first one? If I am looking for help usually I don't approach someone by saying "yo, your product is junk because I failed to get it to work as I expected", but that's probably just me being pompous.
    All I did was sum up the gist of your post, in a sarcastic manner, and the fact that you spotted the sarcasm shows me that you're not an idiot, which makes me wonder why you chose to introduce yourself like one.

The simple fact of the matter is that up until now almost everybody could be helped with setting up their controller, except for some very exotic pieces of hardware maybe. So I'm pretty sure you could get all of your controllers to work properly and everybody in here would be more than glad to help you out with this, but not if you march in here flinging faeces.
    You didn't ask for help so why should you be presented with it?

Yea, but an uneducated one presented in a 5-year-old's demeanour, which annoys us 15 year-olds. You putz you. :p

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    1-7-2016 6-56-30 PM.png

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    I recently ( well yesterday ) noticed that my Raceroom did not want to play nice unless I had it installed on my main drive. If you find yourself troubleshooting everything and nothing works try that, worked for me.

Also being a vocal complainer myself at times I realize the irony of me saying this but when it comes to controls in a sim, a certain amount of self tinkering is to be expected really. Heck, some days I'd even argue it's part of the charm.

5. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    @Rodent What kind of issues did you have when having it on another drive? Is there a thread about that?

6. Rodent

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  7. D_Moriarty

D_Moriarty Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    After feeling the same frustration with my DFGT and leaving the game unplayed for months, the key to success for me was the Steering Settings WITHIN the Car Setup screen appearing ONLY in driving sessions where now I use a setting of 900 degrees Wheel Range + 11 Steering Lock, which works fine for me. Following this, R3E became my fav sim, and after a couple of months, I'm still tweaking my settings.

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  8. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    @MeMotS
    Also a common issue while communicating online :

wrong.PNG

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. juan Fafian

juan Fafian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    I think it's a mistake to try to help a jerk like this

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. J-F Chardon

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    I don't think so, Juan, sometimes they come back from the dark side when you want to help them.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. juan Fafian

juan Fafian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    I can understand that someone is frustrated, but not to be disrespectful

• Agree Agree x 5
  12. The_Grunt

The_Grunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +168 / 0 / -0
    Well, I've personally raced on my rig with R3E using three wheels: Simraceway SRW-S1, DFGT and T500RS. Every single one of those have worked just fine: mainly just some button and FFB editing to my preferences and race on! So, I clearly find the controller support to be just fine. OP clearly has some problems and instead of posting details of his system and configuration on support section and asking for help, he decides to post a rant on general discussion area. Ok it's cool and I can understand that and that can happen after struggling and getting heated up when things don't work. Then again it would be good to just have a cup of coffee and cool down a little bit before posting. But I'm definitely not okay with the fact that after getting some well deserved feedback for this, he states that some other user is being pompous. Jeez! So dude, you are welcome and I will just remember not to help you here ever, not in this case or if you will be asking something here in the future. It's just that such arrogance just p***es me off. I'm outta here.

13. J-F Chardon

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Let's see if he wants to get help and comes back with actual info. If not, it's just trolling, then we can let this thread sink.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  14. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    A bit like the sarcastic replies, sarcastic pictures and being called an idiot are ok if you click, but if you dont then replies are only of steam review value?
    Im not defending the first post by the way i think a lot was lost in translation maybe, maybe not, but some of the replies are just as bad and offer nothing constructive at all, glass houses high horses some people need to get out and get down.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. rschlierer

rschlierer New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you and yes you're right, I might have phrased things better and gotten different responses but please understand I was extremely frustrated by that time as well as by the fact that I did try to contact "support" for help and got completely ignored. So given all that and add in the snarky responses of some of the people here, I just don't see the point. I mean, as a friend used to say, if it's not fun, why do it? He's right. It's not fun and neither are these exchanges so I've taken the appropriate action and killed the program.

Oh by the way, I'm neither young nor Australian but I thank you for both compliments.

• Creative Creative x 1
  16. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    It is worth persevering with, get it working and you will love it, may seem like a ballache now but it is generally fun to play if a little frustrating at times.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Rodent

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    I get it, first impressions are important and if your first 3 hours with the sim was horrible why would you go on? But to be fair a lot of people(including devs) have offered to try and help out but without details it's hard to give you anything solid. Anyways if you've uninstalled and moved on fair enough, should you change your mind we'll be around.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    You start a thread called "get rid of this" and label the game "junk" and state that you are uninstalling. What sort of response do you expect?

This is a friendly forum full of very helpful people. You want help, just ask nicely.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Again, what did you expect making an entrance like that? Some kind of nice words? Do you behave like this irl aswell? Why should we, meaning the community of this forum, have to put up with your frustration and be nice when you are not?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Couldnt help myself sorry :p

Attached Files: